Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A look at the Jets upcoming schedule (outside of the AFC East).

Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    For you Patriot fans (yeah, I'm talking to the likes of ASG, FF2, Vinny and Tex), who've not only forgotten where their franchise has came from (down below) but also act as if the Jets aren't serious contenders due to an 8-8 (shortened (off) season (where our offense struggled while our defense still ranked as a top 5 defensive unit for the 3rd consecutive season) etc, etc. You know what I'll continue to say? I'll take the old cliche of Defense Wins Championships, and I'll continue to take this old cliche of defensive wins championships, while continuing to shove it up your ass with each and every post, until they understand that NE has a laughing stock defense who just lost two of it's top pass rushers. 50% of last years sacks, gone, right out of the window.

Defense Wins Championships. When's the last time Belichick won a championship? 2004? 8 years ago? Do they remember the likes of defensive championship winning players such as Teddy Bruschi? Ted Johnson? Mike Vrabel? Ty Law? Lawer Milloy? Richard Seymour? Terrell Buckley? Willie McGinest? Roman Phifer? What about Asante Samuel? "Ras I-Dowling". Please. It's funny(rather sad) how quickly you've forgotten (ASG) about these great defensive players. Lets face it, you don't ever talk about these former defensive players. Never. You've forgotten (ASG). You talk about everything else, but you don't mention defense anymore. You know better. Yeah, that's right ASG, it's in your post count. I read you like a book (on a daily basis too). You harp all over predictions of others (Gates vs Gronk) without being man enough to express your own offseason thoughts/feelings heading into this up coming season. You harp all over the Jets offensive side of the ball (Mainly our Quarterback) because you know not to cross that line. Don't cross that line of involving our defense. You refuse to mention our defense 95.99 percent of the time. You know better. You stay in your "safe lane".

You know what's funny? They'll piss all over Sanchez, but karma comes around 10x stronger my friend. You have 5 years of Brady (at the very most). Then it's onto looking for a replacement. Buffalo hasn't replaced Kelly since 1996. Miami hasn't replaced Dan Marino since 1999. Doug Flutie and AJ Feeley were the closest they've came to franchise quarterbacks. I'll say the Jets are just fine n regards to Sanchez. Don't act like it'll be easy to replace Brady either, because it won't. Don't act as if NE knew what they had in Brady either, that goes for before or even after the drafting of Brady. It took a Jet LB to injuring Drew Bledsoe, in order for BRADY to show New England that they've had a future Hall of Fame Quarterback sitting on the bench, who they passed up 6 times during the draft. Just wait until it's NE's time to search for a quarterback with Bill Belichick either retiring or working on a (potentially) bad defense. Lets see what type of poster you then become, you little know it all. Watch how funny it is, as Jet fans harp over the fact that your new quarterback in struggling to replace Brady and/or failed to land consecutive AFC Championship games ala Mark Sanchez therefore he "sucks".

Now take that old cliche of 'Defense Wins Championships', and shove it up your New England Patriot trolling ass. Last but not least, don't forget where you've came from (as a so called fan). Teddy Bruschi. Teddy Bruschi, Ted Johnson, Mike Vrabel, Ty Law, Lawer Milloy, Richard Seymour, Terrell Buckley, Willie McGinest, Roman Phifer, and Asante Samuel laugh at the types of NE fans who've already forgotten that defense wins championships. Those are the worse types of "fans". Boasting because of Brady, please.
    I though this thread wasn't about the Pats?

so, how many championships has the great Jets Defense brought you?
    Last edited by FF2; 07-15-2012 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    ================================================== =

Absolutely, I enjoy reading your comments in the Hampur, and poli forum.
    Racist

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    I though this thread wasn't about the Pats?

so, how many championships has the great Jets Defense brought you?
    Racist

Week 2: @ Pittsburgh: 12-4
    Week 4: vs 49ers: 13-3
    Week 5: vs Texans: 10-6
    Week 6: vs Colts: 2-14
    Week 10: @ Seattle: 7-9
    Week 11: @ St.Louis: 2-14
    Week 13: vs Cardinals: 8-8
    Week 14: @ Jacksonville: 5-11
    Week 15: @ Titans: 9-7
    Week 16: vs Chargers: 8-8

My question is this, of the Non-AFC East opponents, which of these teams would you say has had the strongest offseasons, and why? Which teams would you say has taken a step back? And which of these teams (heading into the season) would you say seem to be about the same as last season?

Week 2: @ Pittsburgh: Loss
    Week 4: vs 49ers: Loss
    Week 5: vs Texans: Win
    Week 6: vs Colts: Win
    Week 10: @ Seattle: Loss
    Week 11: @ St.Louis: Win
    Week 13: vs Cardinals: Win
    Week 14: @ Jacksonville: Win
    Week 15: @ Titans: Loss
    Week 16: vs Chargers: Win

Lose both to Pats, split with Bills, sweep Dolphins

Of the above teams, I liked what Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and to a lesser extent what Tennessee did this offseason. I did not like what Houston did with their line...I don't think it will affect Foster, but their protection could be a problem plus their receiving options are really iffy after Andre. St. Louis made some good moves and I love the potential of their front four, but their offensive line is still absolute garbage and I think Bradford will bust. He's made like a china doll and I think he's been vastly overhyped by the media. He's a below 6.0 YPA passer in his career, and before anyone defends him about last year's wash of a season, his YPA was higher in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    Week 2: @ Pittsburgh: Loss
    Week 4: vs 49ers: Loss
    Week 5: vs Texans: Win
    Week 6: vs Colts: Win
    Week 10: @ Seattle: Loss
    Week 11: @ St.Louis: Win
    Week 13: vs Cardinals: Win
    Week 14: @ Jacksonville: Win
    Week 15: @ Titans: Loss
    Week 16: vs Chargers: Win

Lose both to Pats, split with Bills, sweep Dolphins

Of the above teams, I liked what Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and to a lesser extent what Tennessee did this offseason. I did not like what Houston did with their line...I don't think it will affect Foster, but their protection could be a problem plus their receiving options are really iffy after Andre. St. Louis made some good moves and I love the potential of their front four, but their offensive line is still absolute garbage and I think Bradford will bust. He's made like a china doll and I think he's been vastly overhyped by the media. He's a below 6.0 YPA passer in his career, and before anyone defends him about last year's wash of a season, his YPA was higher in 2011.
    So you predict 9-7. I agree wiith your breakdown except I can see a potential loss to the Texans or some other team that you might expect them to beat. Neither 8-8 or 9-7 would surprise me.

Week 2: @ Pittsburgh: Loss.
    Week 4: vs 49ers: Loss.
    Week 5: vs Texans: Win.
    Week 6: vs Colts: Win.
    Week 10: @ Seattle: Loss. (Can't win on the WC)
    Week 11: @ St.Louis: Win.
    Week 13: vs Cardinals: Loss. (Jets MUST lose a home game they have no business losing. It's tradition)
    Week 14: @ Jacksonville: Win.
    Week 15: @ Titans: Win.
    Week 16: vs Chargers: Win.

0-2 vs. New England.
    2-0 vs. Miami.
    2-0 or 1-1 vs. Buffalo.

10-6/9-7. Week 17 will determine.

Jets Insider VIP
    8-2

plus 2 wins vs the Bills and Phins and one against the Cheaters

13-3

16-3 by February

Rookie
    If Jets stay healthy - 9 wins

If Jets stay healthy and get lucky - 10 wins.

If Jets stay healthy, get lucky, and hit bigtime on their draft picks - 11 wins.

After losing badly 2 times to Patriots last season it's hard to see them beating them. Their Defense last season was miserable (it should be better this season - it can't be much worse) and their offense traded Ocho for Lloyd. (Upgrade!)

If they finish 8-8 or worse, Rex and/or Sanchez may be looking for jobs.

Now, as we all know, it's pretty much impossible to predict how the season will play out due to potential (future) injuries, football being a game of inches, teams improving/declining each and every offseason/season etc, etc. That's what this thread is for, to discuss the improvements made (or lack thereof) in regards to our upcoming schedule.

Now, in regards to the AFC East, we all know about the Patriots and the Bills (defense) seems to be much improved. The key for us making the playoffs (or possibly competing for the AFC East) is to hold our own inside of our division. A 5-1 AFC East record would be idea. Can we split with NE? Who knows, but hopefully we can sweep both Miami and Buffalo. If we get swept by NE again, just my honest opinion, we're not winning the division. Which is why I mention 5-1. The ability to split with NE is there, and if we can't sweep Buffalo and Miami, we don't deserve the division to begin with.

Week 2: @ Pittsburgh: 12-4
    Week 4: vs 49ers: 13-3
    Week 5: vs Texans: 10-6
    Week 6: vs Colts: 2-14
    Week 10: @ Seattle: 7-9
    Week 11: @ St.Louis: 2-14
    Week 13: vs Cardinals: 8-8
    Week 14: @ Jacksonville: 5-11
    Week 15: @ Titans: 9-7
    Week 16: vs Chargers: 8-8

This, on paper, looks to be a favorable schedule for the Jets. The potentially very difficult teams, that instantly stand out, would have to be the Steelers, 49ers, Texans and Chargers. Outside of the Steelers, all 3 of the 49ers, Texans and Charger games are home games. I wouldn't like the idea of being the complete opposite. For example, the 49ers (west coast), Texans and Chargers (West Coast). Outside of the AFC East, once we get past the Texans of week 5, suddenly, this schedule doesn't seem so brutal.

My question is this, of the Non-AFC East opponents, which of these teams would you say has had the strongest offseasons, and why? Which teams would you say has taken a step back? And which of these teams (heading into the season) would you say seem to be about the same as last season?
    IMO, we are talking about the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are a model franchise that always holds things close to the vest. They have, IMO, a very conservative approach to drafting. They almost never make any outrageous or newsworthy trades. They just stay right where their at and NEVER draft for need. They always take the best player available.

What that results in is an organization that is deep in talent and always competitive. It always amazes me after the draft has come and gone and you start to look at what the Steelers were able to do. They always seem to take players at much lower slots than many of draftniks had them going.

Taking into account this years draft, it's easy to think that the Steelers will have a top notch OL. Couple that with their always great defense and you have a team that is SB worthy.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    If Jets stay healthy - 9 wins

If Jets stay healthy and get lucky - 10 wins.

If Jets stay healthy, get lucky, and hit bigtime on their draft picks - 11 wins.

After losing badly 2 times to Patriots last season it's hard to see them beating them. Their Defense last season was miserable (it should be better this season - it can't be much worse) and their offense traded Ocho for Lloyd. (Upgrade!)

If they finish 8-8 or worse, Rex and/or Sanchez may be looking for jobs.
    It's "hard to see" how the Jets can beat the Patriots?

A sweep may be very difficult to see, but a season split isn't; especially considering the fact that A.) We've gone 3-4 against NE since Rex and Sanchez has arrived, B.) Have split with NE two of the past three seasons (2009 and 2010) and C.) Have eliminated Belichick, Brady and the Patriots from the playoffs, on the road in Foxboro too.

Only a non-objective, NE circle jerking Patriots fan would consider it as being "hard to picture" the Jets splitting with the Patriots. Also, just because the Patriots defense was a laughing stock of a joke last season, doesn't mean that NE's defense is "on the verge of improving" simply by 'default'. NE just lost two of their best pass rushers in Carter and Anderson. Anderson and Carter alone, combined for 50% of NE's sacks last season. NE recorded 40 team sacks; Carter and Anderson alone, recorded 20 of those 40 sacks. If any of NE's defensive draft picks bust (and god knows there have been lots of NE busts over the years); NE's defense will become an epic failure. Even worse than last season after losing two key pass rushers.

If the Jets stay healthy? We only win 9 games? That's funny, because as a team, we're one of the most talented teams around. Not to mention we won 9 games during a year where A.) We featured a first year head coach in Ryan. B.) A very raw rookie QB in Sanchez and C.) We didn't stay "healthy", just ask Kris Jenkins; a top 3 defensive NT at the time. So, if we stay healthy? Only 9 wins?

If we're "lucky" we'll win 10 games? We won 11 games back in only 2010, and that roster couldn't hold a jock strap to 2012's overall roster talent.

If the Jets "stay healthy, get lucky and hit on our draft picks"? Stop trying to act like we'll only win 11 games, when we won 11 games back in 2010 without having a team as strong as the one we're currently featuring. We're winning more than 11 games if we not only stay healthy, get lucky but also hit on all of our draft picks.
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 07-15-2012 at 04:26 PM.

Angry

A sweep may be very difficult to see, but a season split isn't; especially considering the fact that A.) We've gone 3-4 against NE since Rex and Sanchez has arrived, B.) Have split with NE two of the past three seasons (2009 and 2010) and C.) Have eliminated Belichick, Brady and the Patriots from the playoffs, on the road in Foxboro too.

Only a non-objective, NE circle jerking Patriots fan would consider it as being "hard to picture" the Jets splitting with the Patriots. Also, just because the Patriots defense was a laughing stock of a joke last season, doesn't mean that NE's defense is "on the verge of improving" simply by 'default'. NE just lost two of their best pass rushers in Carter and Anderson. Anderson and Carter alone, combined for 50% of NE's sacks last season. NE recorded 40 team sacks; Carter and Anderson alone, recorded 20 of those 40 sacks.
    :
    remember, this thread isn't about the Patriots.

Only a non-objective, NE circle jerking Patriots fan would consider it as being "hard to picture" the Jets splitting with the Patriots. Also, just because the Patriots defense was a laughing stock of a joke last season, doesn't mean that NE's defense is "on the verge of improving" simply by 'default'. NE just lost two of their best pass rushers in Carter and Anderson. Anderson and Carter alone, combined for 50% of NE's sacks last season. NE recorded 40 team sacks; Carter and Anderson alone, recorded 20 of those 40 sacks. If any of NE's defensive draft picks bust (and god knows there have been lots of NE busts over the years); NE's defense will become an epic failure. Even worse than last season after losing two key pass rushers.

If the Jets stay healthy? We only win 9 games? That's funny, because as a team, we're one of the most talented teams around. Not to mention we won 9 games during a year where A.) We featured a first year head coach in Ryan. B.) A very raw rookie QB in Sanchez and C.) We didn't stay "healthy", just ask Kris Jenkins; a top 3 defensive NT at the time. So, if we stay healthy? Only 9 wins?

If we're "lucky" we'll win 10 games? We won 11 games back in only 2010, and that roster couldn't hold a jock strap to 2012's overall roster talent.

If the Jets "stay healthy, get lucky and hit on our draft picks"? Stop trying to act like we'll only win 11 games, when we won 11 games back in 2010 without having a team as strong as the one we're currently featuring. We're winning more than 11 games if we not only stay healthy, get lucky but also hit on all of our draft picks.
    Training camp hasn't even started and your already concluding that this team is better than the 2010 team?

You do know that 3-4 against another team is a LOSING record, right? And you were 2-4 in the regular season which is the topic at hand.

Rookie
    Is NY2 Rayray's twin brother?

Quote Originally Posted by w0mbat View Post
    Training camp hasn't even started and your already concluding that this team is better than the 2010 team?
    A 2010 team that won half it's games on luck against some of the most putrid secondaries in football. I'll take the 2009 team over 2010 any day. I know I'm in the minority there, but, whatever. I know what I saw.