Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: I thought I found love for the NBA again, then I got Dolan'd

  1. #1

    I thought I found love for the NBA again, then I got Dolan'd

    This is disgusting.

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,440
    Dont get me wrong Dolan is not the worst owner in NY and thats because Wang still owns the islanders... But Why? Don't tell me it's over Lin.

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    7,100
    This should make you feel better...

    Jason Kidd, NY Knicks point guard, arrested for DWI*in Southampton after crashing into telephone pole*

    Kidd, the former Nets star and future Hall of Famer, signed a three-year, $9.5 million deal with the Knicks on Thursday.

    BY STEFAN BONDY / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

    PUBLISHED: SUNDAY, JULY 15, 2012, 12:39 PM

    UPDATED: SUNDAY, JULY 15, 2012, 12:53 PM

    While the Knicks were making tough decisions on who would be their starting point guard, the heralded backup, Jason Kidd, was arrested Sunday morning on suspicion of drunk driving after crashing into a telephone pole in Southhampton, according to Sgt. Michael Burns of the Southampton Police Dept.

    Kidd, 39, the only person in his 2010 Cadillac Escalade, was treated at for minor injuries following the single-car accident that occurred at 1:56 a.m. near Kidd's summer home in the Hamptons, according to police. He was treated at Southampton Hospital, transferred to Southampton police station for processing, and then arraigned on a misdemeanor DWI charge, according to police.
    Kidd was released after being charged.

    Kidd, the former Nets star and future Hall of Famer, signed a three-year, $9.5 million deal with the Knicks on Thursday. He was under the impression that he'd be backing up Lin in a mentor role, but the Knicks reached a deal for Raymond Felton on Saturday and indications are Lin isn't coming back.

    Kidd pled guilty to a domestic violence charge in 2001 stemming from an incident involving his ex-wife, Joumana. He is now married to Porschla Coleman, a former model.

    Kidd, a 10-time All-Star, led the Nets to back-to-back Finals appearances before winning a title with the Dallas Mavericks in 2011. He chose the Knicks this summer over the Mavericks.


    Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...#ixzz20iDDSBhq

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    This should make you feel better...

    Jason Kidd, NY Knicks point guard, arrested for DWI*in Southampton after crashing into telephone pole*

    Kidd, the former Nets star and future Hall of Famer, signed a three-year, $9.5 million deal with the Knicks on Thursday.

    BY STEFAN BONDY / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

    PUBLISHED: SUNDAY, JULY 15, 2012, 12:39 PM

    UPDATED: SUNDAY, JULY 15, 2012, 12:53 PM

    While the Knicks were making tough decisions on who would be their starting point guard, the heralded backup, Jason Kidd, was arrested Sunday morning on suspicion of drunk driving after crashing into a telephone pole in Southhampton, according to Sgt. Michael Burns of the Southampton Police Dept.

    Kidd, 39, the only person in his 2010 Cadillac Escalade, was treated at for minor injuries following the single-car accident that occurred at 1:56 a.m. near Kidd's summer home in the Hamptons, according to police. He was treated at Southampton Hospital, transferred to Southampton police station for processing, and then arraigned on a misdemeanor DWI charge, according to police.
    Kidd was released after being charged.

    Kidd, the former Nets star and future Hall of Famer, signed a three-year, $9.5 million deal with the Knicks on Thursday. He was under the impression that he'd be backing up Lin in a mentor role, but the Knicks reached a deal for Raymond Felton on Saturday and indications are Lin isn't coming back.

    Kidd pled guilty to a domestic violence charge in 2001 stemming from an incident involving his ex-wife, Joumana. He is now married to Porschla Coleman, a former model.

    Kidd, a 10-time All-Star, led the Nets to back-to-back Finals appearances before winning a title with the Dallas Mavericks in 2011. He chose the Knicks this summer over the Mavericks.


    Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...#ixzz20iDDSBhq
    Another dumbass.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,440
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    This should make you feel better...

    Jason Kidd, NY Knicks point guard, arrested for DWI*in Southampton after crashing into telephone pole*

    Kidd, the former Nets star and future Hall of Famer, signed a three-year, $9.5 million deal with the Knicks on Thursday.

    BY STEFAN BONDY / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

    PUBLISHED: SUNDAY, JULY 15, 2012, 12:39 PM

    UPDATED: SUNDAY, JULY 15, 2012, 12:53 PM

    While the Knicks were making tough decisions on who would be their starting point guard, the heralded backup, Jason Kidd, was arrested Sunday morning on suspicion of drunk driving after crashing into a telephone pole in Southhampton, according to Sgt. Michael Burns of the Southampton Police Dept.

    Kidd, 39, the only person in his 2010 Cadillac Escalade, was treated at for minor injuries following the single-car accident that occurred at 1:56 a.m. near Kidd's summer home in the Hamptons, according to police. He was treated at Southampton Hospital, transferred to Southampton police station for processing, and then arraigned on a misdemeanor DWI charge, according to police.
    Kidd was released after being charged.

    Kidd, the former Nets star and future Hall of Famer, signed a three-year, $9.5 million deal with the Knicks on Thursday. He was under the impression that he'd be backing up Lin in a mentor role, but the Knicks reached a deal for Raymond Felton on Saturday and indications are Lin isn't coming back.

    Kidd pled guilty to a domestic violence charge in 2001 stemming from an incident involving his ex-wife, Joumana. He is now married to Porschla Coleman, a former model.

    Kidd, a 10-time All-Star, led the Nets to back-to-back Finals appearances before winning a title with the Dallas Mavericks in 2011. He chose the Knicks this summer over the Mavericks.


    Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...#ixzz20iDDSBhq
    What a moron. These guys never learn.

    I've always wondered why teams don't put stipulations on contracts about events like this.

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    7,100
    Apparently Ron Swanson has photos.

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    7,224
    Quote Originally Posted by NY State of Mind View Post
    This is disgusting.
    Big Dan Gadzuric fan?

  8. #8
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,514
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    This should make you feel better...

    Jason Kidd, NY Knicks point guard, arrested for DWI*in Southampton after crashing into telephone pole*

    Kidd, the former Nets star and future Hall of Famer, signed a three-year, $9.5 million deal with the Knicks on Thursday.

    BY STEFAN BONDY / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

    PUBLISHED: SUNDAY, JULY 15, 2012, 12:39 PM

    UPDATED: SUNDAY, JULY 15, 2012, 12:53 PM

    While the Knicks were making tough decisions on who would be their starting point guard, the heralded backup, Jason Kidd, was arrested Sunday morning on suspicion of drunk driving after crashing into a telephone pole in Southhampton, according to Sgt. Michael Burns of the Southampton Police Dept.

    Kidd, 39, the only person in his 2010 Cadillac Escalade, was treated at for minor injuries following the single-car accident that occurred at 1:56 a.m. near Kidd's summer home in the Hamptons, according to police. He was treated at Southampton Hospital, transferred to Southampton police station for processing, and then arraigned on a misdemeanor DWI charge, according to police.
    Kidd was released after being charged.

    Kidd, the former Nets star and future Hall of Famer, signed a three-year, $9.5 million deal with the Knicks on Thursday. He was under the impression that he'd be backing up Lin in a mentor role, but the Knicks reached a deal for Raymond Felton on Saturday and indications are Lin isn't coming back.

    Kidd pled guilty to a domestic violence charge in 2001 stemming from an incident involving his ex-wife, Joumana. He is now married to Porschla Coleman, a former model.

    Kidd, a 10-time All-Star, led the Nets to back-to-back Finals appearances before winning a title with the Dallas Mavericks in 2011. He chose the Knicks this summer over the Mavericks.


    Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...#ixzz20iDDSBhq

    LOL, WTF

    Great news for the Knicks this morning.

  9. #9
    Basketball sucks anyway.

  10. #10
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,992
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    LOL, WTF

    Great news for the Knicks this morning.
    What are these guys....the fargin Jets?

    I cant have two of these teams in my life.

    I...cant.





    -

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    7,100
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    What are these guys....the fargin Jets?

    I cant have two of these teams in my life.

    I...cant.





    -
    It's total "Linsanity"...

    without the Lin.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    It's total "Linsanity"...

    without the Lin.
    So that would make it sanity...?

  13. #13
    I'm probably wrong, but I think the Knicks will match Houston's offer and keep Lin.

    the Felton trade accomplishes a few things:

    1- Insurance. Kidd is 39 and just crashed into a pole. Lin was halfway out of the league before Linsanity happened. Felton is a decent backup plan in case Kidd breaks down and/or Lin never develops.

    2- Depth/versatility. With Stat and Melo as your go-to scorers, you need to surround them with guys that are willing and able to get them the ball. The big problem for the Knicks last year was that when Lin and Baron went down, there was no one who could give our guys the ball in scoring position, so we're stuck with Melo or JR initiating the offense. Also with Fields going to Toronto, adding Felton allows Kidd to play more minutes at SG, putting more facilitators around Melo and Stoudemire.

    3- I REALLY doubt Dolan gets outbid on this. He allowed Isiah to put together payrolls of over $100 million for lottery teams, I doubt he shies away from this when the Knicks appear to be putting together a potential contender. I think the Felton trade is a bit of a "F@ck you" move to both Lin and the Rockets: it sends Lin the message that he'll be on a short and that he better live up to the money, and it takes Felton off the market leaving the Rockets with very few PG options in free agency.


    But like I said, I'm probably wrong.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    898
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    I'm probably wrong, but I think the Knicks will match Houston's offer and keep Lin.

    the Felton trade accomplishes a few things:

    1- Insurance. Kidd is 39 and just crashed into a pole. Lin was halfway out of the league before Linsanity happened. Felton is a decent backup plan in case Kidd breaks down and/or Lin never develops.

    2- Depth/versatility. With Stat and Melo as your go-to scorers, you need to surround them with guys that are willing and able to get them the ball. The big problem for the Knicks last year was that when Lin and Baron went down, there was no one who could give our guys the ball in scoring position, so we're stuck with Melo or JR initiating the offense. Also with Fields going to Toronto, adding Felton allows Kidd to play more minutes at SG, putting more facilitators around Melo and Stoudemire.

    3- I REALLY doubt Dolan gets outbid on this. He allowed Isiah to put together payrolls of over $100 million for lottery teams, I doubt he shies away from this when the Knicks appear to be putting together a potential contender. I think the Felton trade is a bit of a "F@ck you" move to both Lin and the Rockets: it sends Lin the message that he'll be on a short and that he better live up to the money, and it takes Felton off the market leaving the Rockets with very few PG options in free agency.


    But like I said, I'm probably wrong.
    I pray that you're right man.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by NY State of Mind View Post
    This is disgusting.

  16. #16
    They'll resign Lin man stop the crying. Kidd at this stage can't penetrate at all so he's going to play more SG anyway. He played a bunch of SG last year if anyone cared to watch the Mav's. As for the Kidd DWI situation ... you guys are sad. A man gets in a car accident and the first thing you think about is the PR campaign and a basketball decision? This guy has been in the league for half of his life he's had some off the court situations but when has he not shown up and been a professional on the court?

    When a guy gets into a situation like this even if he has a DWI, the first thing I'm hoping for is that he should be okay. All the other things are irrelevant cause if he crashed his car that's serious business. Yeh ... these professional athletes should know better but sometimes they are just regular people when the lights aren't on and they make mistakes. Stop trying them like they are gods. The millions to them is a check like the thousands we see on our check books. I don't drink at all so I've never gotten a DWI but I don't understand how some people view this as the worst thing in the world. Could he have been responsible? Definitely but man I've been hanging out with dudes who barely drank and I've had to bail out the same night for a DWI ... its ridiculous. So whatever man ... Lin will be resigned, if Kidd is healthy he'll show up and be the professional he's always been and Felton is the back up PG and adds depth and competition to Lin in practice. Who else is Lin going to go at it with in practice freaking Kidd? That isn't a challenge. Kidd is there to guide him and show him the ropes, not compete against him and push him athletically. Let Felton do that plus give the Knicks some insurance incase Lin goes down. (he's never played a full season) ..

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post

    When a guy gets into a situation like this even if he has a DWI, the first thing I'm hoping for is that he should be okay. All the other things are irrelevant cause if he crashed his car that's serious business. Yeh ... these professional athletes should know better but sometimes they are just regular people when the lights aren't on and they make mistakes. Stop trying them like they are gods.
    The first thing I wonder is did he kill anyone with his stupidity.

    and we don't treat them like gods, we just expect them to behave like adults.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    They'll resign Lin man stop the crying. Kidd at this stage can't penetrate at all so he's going to play more SG anyway. He played a bunch of SG last year if anyone cared to watch the Mav's. As for the Kidd DWI situation ... you guys are sad. A man gets in a car accident and the first thing you think about is the PR campaign and a basketball decision? This guy has been in the league for half of his life he's had some off the court situations but when has he not shown up and been a professional on the court?

    When a guy gets into a situation like this even if he has a DWI, the first thing I'm hoping for is that he should be okay. All the other things are irrelevant cause if he crashed his car that's serious business. Yeh ... these professional athletes should know better but sometimes they are just regular people when the lights aren't on and they make mistakes. Stop trying them like they are gods. The millions to them is a check like the thousands we see on our check books. I don't drink at all so I've never gotten a DWI but I don't understand how some people view this as the worst thing in the world. Could he have been responsible? Definitely but man I've been hanging out with dudes who barely drank and I've had to bail out the same night for a DWI ... its ridiculous. So whatever man ... Lin will be resigned, if Kidd is healthy he'll show up and be the professional he's always been and Felton is the back up PG and adds depth and competition to Lin in practice. Who else is Lin going to go at it with in practice freaking Kidd? That isn't a challenge. Kidd is there to guide him and show him the ropes, not compete against him and push him athletically. Let Felton do that plus give the Knicks some insurance incase Lin goes down. (he's never played a full season) ..
    What a terrible post.

  19. #19
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,440
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    They'll resign Lin man stop the crying. Kidd at this stage can't penetrate at all so he's going to play more SG anyway. He played a bunch of SG last year if anyone cared to watch the Mav's. As for the Kidd DWI situation ... you guys are sad. A man gets in a car accident and the first thing you think about is the PR campaign and a basketball decision? This guy has been in the league for half of his life he's had some off the court situations but when has he not shown up and been a professional on the court?

    When a guy gets into a situation like this even if he has a DWI, the first thing I'm hoping for is that he should be okay. All the other things are irrelevant cause if he crashed his car that's serious business. Yeh ... these professional athletes should know better but sometimes they are just regular people when the lights aren't on and they make mistakes. Stop trying them like they are gods. The millions to them is a check like the thousands we see on our check books. I don't drink at all so I've never gotten a DWI but I don't understand how some people view this as the worst thing in the world. Could he have been responsible? Definitely but man I've been hanging out with dudes who barely drank and I've had to bail out the same night for a DWI ... its ridiculous. So whatever man ... Lin will be resigned, if Kidd is healthy he'll show up and be the professional he's always been and Felton is the back up PG and adds depth and competition to Lin in practice. Who else is Lin going to go at it with in practice freaking Kidd? That isn't a challenge. Kidd is there to guide him and show him the ropes, not compete against him and push him athletically. Let Felton do that plus give the Knicks some insurance incase Lin goes down. (he's never played a full season) ..

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,821
    Lin was a nice player but that was under D'Antoni. He can only play with his right hand and does not play good defense. Sitting out the playoffs also put a bad taste in the FO's mouth. Dolan is a poor owner but Grunwald is a smart guy and I have faith that he is doing what he thinks is best.

    Lets face it, Lin was not getting the Knicks any closer to beating the Heat. The idea is to try to win a championship. Right now the Knicks are a playoff team but they are not a legitimate title contender.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us