Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I thought I found love for the NBA again, then I got Dolan'd

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Lin was a nice player but that was under D'Antoni. He can only play with his right hand and does not play good defense. Sitting out the playoffs also put a bad taste in the FO's mouth. Dolan is a poor owner but Grunwald is a smart guy and I have faith that he is doing what he thinks is best.

Lets face it, Lin was not getting the Knicks any closer to beating the Heat. The idea is to try to win a championship. Right now the Knicks are a playoff team but they are not a legitimate title contender.
    Listening toESPN....highly unlikely KNICKS pay Lin Houston money.

I agree...good player, got exposed late in the year. I did hear compelling comments about how Lin jersey sales etc Reduce the true cost but He is not worth 25 mil for 3 years.

Jets Insider VIP

Jets Insider VIP
    Lin is not worth 30m/3 yrs with 20m of it counting against year 3. CP3 is a FA and him and melo keep trolling about CP3 Comming in 3 years and that salary would hurt. The 3 year 10m for Felton is team friendly salary and like the idea of Kirk Thomas back. Knicks need to have more physical presence at the F position. Rebounding killed the Knicks last season
    Last edited by dmitexxi; 07-15-2012 at 05:44 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardukis View Post
    Listening toESPN....highly unlikely KNICKS pay Lin Houston money.

I agree...good player, got exposed late in the year. I did hear compelling comments about how Lin jersey sales etc Reduce the true cost but He is not worth 25 mil for 3 years.
    Lin does have a significant value off the court. But he is at best an average PG. I think the Knicks are doing the right thing. Just look at how Houston structured that contract. They don't believe in him as a great player but they miss the popularity that Yao brought to them. Chinese fans are very loyal, we saw how they supported Lin. I assume Houston had a very large Chinese fanbase and they want to tap back into that. Over the past decade they probably did phenomenal selling merchandise in China. Only difference with Lin is that he is an American of Chinese decent. So I am not sure he will carry the same cache as Yao did b.c Yao actually played in China.

Houston is offering Lin way too much money for NY to match and they know it. Felton and Kidd are darn good replacements. Both may be better players even if they are shorter term. Felton/Kidd-Amare/Novac-Camby/Chandler-Melo/White-Smith/Fields is pretty deep for a one year all in run. Yeah in the long run their is a lack of youth. They can worry about that when they get there. Melo, Chandler, and Amare are all at that win now age. I still expect them to get into the Chris Paul lotto next off season. Now that would be money well spent.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Houston is offering Lin way too much money for NY to match and they know it. Felton and Kidd are darn good replacements. Both may be better players even if they are shorter term. Felton/Kidd-Amare/Novac-Camby/Chandler-Melo/White-Smith/Fields is pretty deep for a one year all in run. Yeah in the long run their is a lack of youth. They can worry about that when they get there. Melo, Chandler, and Amare are all at that win now age. I still expect them to get into the Chris Paul lotto next off season. Now that would be money well spent.
    Umm fields just signed with Toronto for 19M