Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Elvis Dumervil arrested

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Dude, it says he was arrested and released on bond.

Do you need this translated into gangsta?

The lawyer is spinning because technically he hasnt been indicted yet.

-
    You just gotta love 32's breath of fresh air and reality.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gark2k View Post
    i stand corrected raider...obviously didn't realize that when i responded to the thread.
    maybe he'll use the "stand your ground" defense....either way, his lawyer is kick ass!!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Dude, if you fire a shot at anyone's head, in whatever state, it's a felony assault. There's no misdemeanor for discharging a firearm at someone unless he's shooting at you first.
    Im no lawyer but that I don't believe that is the case. Again google Rolando Mcclain case. Those were misdemeanors and not felonies.

Rolando McClain Sentenced To 180 Days In Jail, According To Report

Oakland Raiders linebacker Rolando McClain could be in deep trouble in terms of playing in the 2012 regular season. Due to his incident in Alabama, McClain was sentenced to 180 days in jail this afternoon in Decatur.

If the 180 day sentence is true and he had to start serving it immediately, McClain would miss the majority of the 2012 regular season. This would force the Raiders to scramble to fill in their somewhat tenuous linebacking depth.

For those who don’t know the extent of McClain’s crimes, McClain has been charged with discharging a firearm inside the city limits, third degree assault, menacing and reckless endangerment. The assault and endangerment charges constitute Class A misdemeanors, with menacing being a Class B misdemeanor. McClain found himself in further trouble when his co-defendant agreed to testify against the linebacker. That probably sealed the sentence for McClain.

Talk about the report about McClain’s sentencing with Raiders fans over at Silver and Black Pride.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Im no lawyer but that I don't believe that is the case. Again google Rolando Mcclain case. Those were misdemeanors and not felonies.

Rolando McClain Sentenced To 180 Days In Jail, According To Report

Oakland Raiders linebacker Rolando McClain could be in deep trouble in terms of playing in the 2012 regular season. Due to his incident in Alabama, McClain was sentenced to 180 days in jail this afternoon in Decatur.

If the 180 day sentence is true and he had to start serving it immediately, McClain would miss the majority of the 2012 regular season. This would force the Raiders to scramble to fill in their somewhat tenuous linebacking depth.

For those who don’t know the extent of McClain’s crimes, McClain has been charged with discharging a firearm inside the city limits, third degree assault, menacing and reckless endangerment. The assault and endangerment charges constitute Class A misdemeanors, with menacing being a Class B misdemeanor. McClain found himself in further trouble when his co-defendant agreed to testify against the linebacker. That probably sealed the sentence for McClain.

Talk about the report about McClain’s sentencing with Raiders fans over at Silver and Black Pride.
    What is finally agreed upon by legal counsels and what the final verdict is are two different things.

You don't charge someone with a misdemeanor for attempted manslaughter. He tried to shoot someone in the head.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Yeah he didn't fire it at the guys head just threaten too. I do have a memory of a vice president firing bird shot at a guys head and not being charged. lol I miss Chaney.
    And the other thing is that it also depends on who you are.

Guaranteed, any of us shoot someone in the head and we're toast.

Warm buttery toast.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    What is finally agreed upon by legal counsels and what the final verdict is are two different things.

You don't charge someone with a misdemeanor for attempted manslaughter. He tried to shoot someone in the head.
    I don't understand your point John. He did what I said he did and thats what the charges are for committing that in that state.

http://tfdssports.com/2012-articles/...oad-ahead.html

Immediately following his arrest, McClain waived arraignment and his lawyer entered a not guilty plea. Since then, his trial has been set for May 17. The charges are third-degree assault, menacing, reckless endangerment, and discharging a firearm in the city limits.

Surprisingly, all the charges are misdemeanors in the state of Alabama. He is extremely lucky in that regard especially when you consider Plaxico Burress received two years in prison for shooting himself in the leg in a New York nightclu

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    You just gotta love 32's breath of fresh air and reality.
    and law enforcement background

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really a shock since he seemed like a classy guy. Guess not!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    and law enforcement background
    Tell the reincarnated troll

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Scumbag Bloomberg isn't there to "make an example" out of someone. He'll get a slap on the wrist, unless another uptight, self important dick mayor is out for blood.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    In Alabama you can pew pew pew pew pew all over the place.

Try to keep up.

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...
    I lold

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't understand your point John. He did what I said he did and thats what the charges are for committing that in that state.

http://tfdssports.com/2012-articles/...oad-ahead.html

Immediately following his arrest, McClain waived arraignment and his lawyer entered a not guilty plea. Since then, his trial has been set for May 17. The charges are third-degree assault, menacing, reckless endangerment, and discharging a firearm in the city limits.

Surprisingly, all the charges are misdemeanors in the state of Alabama. He is extremely lucky in that regard especially when you consider Plaxico Burress received two years in prison for shooting himself in the leg in a New York nightclu
    What he did, and what he got were two different things. I understand what you're saying, but understand that what he was charged with was nothing compared to what he could have been charged with. Doesn't mean that in Alabama you just go around shooting people in the head.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    No details?

We need Ron Swanson on this one.
    Nice.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    First off you have to know the gun laws of every state before you can say what he looking at. Rolando MCclain in Alabama allegedly fired a gunshot at a person head. YEt in that state it was only considered a misdemeanor . Where Plaxico Burress committed his incident in a state (NY) with tough gun laws and he did three years. (felony) How that state gun laws are will determine how much trouble he really looking at. He did that crime in Newyork , he was going away for three years at least.
    What? Ridiculous.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe every state isn't the same . Some states are much tougher than other states in regard to this charge. Like the example I use with Rolando McClain firing a gun right by someone ear. (alleged victim) . In that state it was treated as a misdemeanor . Some states you commit the same exact crime and your looking at more serious charges.
    If it's an assault or attempt of murder gun laws are secondary. Only if it's accidental, as with Plax, does the gun law of that state become an issue.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Scumbag Bloomberg isn't there to "make an example" out of someone. He'll get a slap on the wrist, unless another uptight, self important dick mayor is out for blood.
    Yes, that scumbag Bloomberg, who has nothing to do with any of these cases, wanted the law upheld, what a self important dick.

Funny, fans who want their players, idols, etc let off with a slap to the wrist so their teams aren't hurt. In other words self importance. But point the finger at an agency for upholding laws that are on the books.

People are this lame?
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 07-16-2012 at 11:14 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guy sounds like a real bright individual...as per roto...

A road rage incident led to the felony arrest of Broncos RE Elvis Dumervil Saturday, according to Miami Beach police.

Dumervil was driving with a friend in South Beach when another car cut them off. An argument ensued with horn blowing, verbal threats and name calling, according to police. The accusers and a witness both say that Dumervil and his friend then approached the other car, each lifting up their shirts to display guns. When police arrived, Dumervil was asked if there was a gun in his car and he "stated no." Once the gun was found in the glove department, he was taken to jail on a charge of assault with a deadly weapon. The two-time Pro Bowler could be facing league discipline -- especially if formal charges are filed.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    If it's an assault or attempt of murder gun laws are secondary. Only if it's accidental, as with Plax, does the gun law of that state become an issue.
    There has to be someone on this board that is a lawyer(I'm not) . JMO I could be wrong but I don't think there is a set standard for assault with a weapon. It varies from state to state. (not just gun laws) Maybe some lawyer on here could clarify if this is correct or wrong. ( we all can learn something)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Yes, that scumbag Bloomberg, who has nothing to do with any of these cases, wanted the law upheld, what a self important dick.

Funny, fans who want their players, idols, etc let off with a slap to the wrist so their teams aren't hurt. In other words self importance. But point the finger at an agency for upholding laws that are on the books.

People are this lame?
    NO again it liberals again trying to tell you what you can and can't do. (all about power) Trample what rights that the second amendment gives every American. Right to bear arms to protect your self. You think a person with bad intentions care about gun laws. All you doing is making it easier for law abiding citizens to be a victim. (this should be in political section)

YEa there are laws on the books about people enter this country illegal too. Yet you don't have a problem with this not being enforced. Talk about lame.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 07-16-2012 at 11:44 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    NO again it liberals again trying to tell you what you can and can't do. (all about power) Trample what rights that the second amendment gives every American. Right to bear arms to protect your self. You think a person with bad intentions care about gun laws. All you doing is making it easier for law abiding citizens to be a victim. (this should be in political section)

YEa there are laws on the books about people enter this country illegal too. Yet you don't have a problem with this not being enforced.
    I'm not getting this line of thinking. Some laws are broken, therefore allow other laws to be broken? Two wrongs make a right?

Shooting a gun in a crowded bar, shooting a person, has nothing to do with the right to bear arms. Not even close, this isn't/wasn't a 2nd amendment case, never was.