Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Elvis Dumervil arrested

Elvis Dumervil arrested

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/81...miami-saturday

Denver Broncos defensive end Elvis Dumervil was arrested in Miami on Saturday night.

According to multiple media reports, Dumervil is accused of aggravated assault with a firearm. The Denver Post reported the charge is a third-degree felony punishable by up to five years in prison. The Post said Dumervil was released from jail Saturday after he posted $7,500 bond.

The reports did not specify the circumstances surround his arrest.

"No charges have been filed. No aggravated assault or assault took place. And it is likely that once the full investigation is complete, no charges will be filed against Mr. Dumervil," Harvey Steinberg, Dumervil's attorney, told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The Broncos said they were aware of Dumervil's arrest.

"This is a very serious allegation, and we will thoroughly review the details while the legal process runs its course," the team said in a statement.

Dumervil, a Miami native, had 9 sacks in 14 games last season after sitting out 2010 due to a torn pectoral muscle. The former fourth-round pick led the NFL with 17 sacks in 2009.

The Broncos drafted Dumervil out of Louisville with the 126th overall pick in 2006.
    Didn't see this posted. He's screwed if this is true.

Banned
    My question is this, was he arrested or was he taken into arrest in order to answer questions? I'm confused because it also states that he's been accused but not charged. An aggravated assault with a firearm though? That's worse than what Plaxico did, and look at how much time Buress served... A little over two years, right? If this is true, Dumbervil must pray to god the state/judge doesn't throw the book at him, while making him an 'example' at the same time. Take away the ervil on Dumbervil, and that's what he is. Nothing worse than a waste of talent.

Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    My question is this, was he arrested or was he taken into arrest in order to answer questions? I'm confused because it also states that he's been accused but not charged. An aggravated assault with a firearm though? That's worse than what Plaxico did, and look at how much time Buress served... A little over two years, right? If this is true, Dumbervil must pray to god the state/judge doesn't throw the book at him, while making him an 'example' at the same time. Take away the ervil on Dumbervil, and that's what he is. Nothing worse than a waste of talent.
    First off you have to know the gun laws of every state before you can say what he looking at. Rolando MCclain in Alabama allegedly fired a gunshot at a person head. YEt in that state it was only considered a misdemeanor . Where Plaxico Burress committed his incident in a state (NY) with tough gun laws and he did three years. (felony) How that state gun laws are will determine how much trouble he really looking at. He did that crime in Newyork , he was going away for three years at least.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 07-15-2012 at 05:54 PM.

Bewildered Beast
    Some loser family member probably owes serious coin to Elvis ($10K+). I think a guy with a job would not be motivated to rob at gunpoint.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    My question is this, was he arrested or was he taken into arrest in order to answer questions?
    Dude, it says he was arrested and released on bond.

Do you need this translated into gangsta?

The lawyer is spinning because technically he hasnt been indicted yet.

-

Veteran
    No details?

We need Ron Swanson on this one.

first of all, the gun laws out here in colorado are nothing like the gun laws in new york. you don't even need a permit to purchase a gun here. Plus, he has Harvey Steinberg as his lawyer...pretty much one of the top 3 criminal lawyers in the state of Colorado. I actually had him as my lawyer a few years ago for an incident, and needless to say, I don't have a criminal record....I would definitely wait on this one and not assume anything is going to happen to Dumervil by the time Steinberg gets done with it.

Hopefully he'll be cleared and be smarter for it too

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Rolando MCclain in Alabama allegedly fired a gunshot at a person head. YEt in that state it was only considered a misdemeanor .
    That's because shooting someone in the head in Alabama isn't lethal.

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Dude, it says he was arrested and released on bond.

Do you need this translated into gangsta?

-
    What's with the brow beating?

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    That's because shooting someone in the head in Alabama isn't lethal.

What part of Alabama you from PlumberKhan? If you don't mind me asking.

Quote Originally Posted by gark2k View Post
    first of all, the gun laws out here in colorado are nothing like the gun laws in new york. you don't even need a permit to purchase a gun here. Plus, he has Harvey Steinberg as his lawyer...pretty much one of the top 3 criminal lawyers in the state of Colorado. I actually had him as my lawyer a few years ago for an incident, and needless to say, I don't have a criminal record....I would definitely wait on this one and not assume anything is going to happen to Dumervil by the time Steinberg gets done with it.
    Only problem gark the incident happened in Florida. There gun laws/ assault charges could be a lot different than Colorado. Would like Jet fans from Florida to explain Florida gun laws or assault charges.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 07-15-2012 at 07:14 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Only problem gark the incident happened in Florida. There gun laws are different than Colorado. Would like Jet fans from Florida to explain Florida gun laws.
    Assault with a weapon. Why are we focusing on gun laws?

Jets Insider VIP
    What part of Alabama you from PlumberKhan? If you don't mind me asking.
    The part where where gays can't marry, but first cousins can.

What part California you from at?

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Assault with a weapon. Why are we focusing on gun laws?
    I believe every state isn't the same . Some states are much tougher than other states in regard to this charge. Like the example I use with Rolando McClain firing a gun right by someone ear. (alleged victim) . In that state it was treated as a misdemeanor . Some states you commit the same exact crime and your looking at more serious charges.

First off you have to know the gun laws of every state before you can say what he looking at. Rolando MCclain in Alabama allegedly fired a gunshot at a person head. YEt in that state it was only considered a misdemeanor . Where Plaxico Burress committed his incident in a state (NY) with tough gun laws and he did three years. (felony) How that state gun laws are will determine how much trouble he really looking at. He did that crime in Newyork , he was going away for three years at least.
    Dude, if you fire a shot at anyone's head, in whatever state, it's a felony assault. There's no misdemeanor for discharging a firearm at someone unless he's shooting at you first.

Maybe he heard Marcus Vick was in town? Seriously, I'm not real shocked on this one. I have been to that area where Elvis grew up and the KFC has bullet proof glass. No joke if I made it like him I would never go any where near that area ever again. I'd be livin like Charley Sheen was minus the drugs. Little Haiti/Dade County is no place for a man with money. OK maybe this was a "better area of town". Seems like every year we see Britt, Young or someone else getting in trouble just visiting where they came from. Even if they did nothing wrong it is just bad press for them in the making.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Dude, if you fire a shot at anyone's head, in whatever state, it's a felony assault. There's no misdemeanor for discharging a firearm at someone unless he's shooting at you first.
    In Alabama you can pew pew pew pew pew all over the place.

Try to keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Yeah he didn't fire it at the guys head just threaten too. I do have a memory of a vice president firing bird shot at a guys head and not being charged. lol I miss Chaney.

Only problem gark the incident happened in Florida. There gun laws/ assault charges could be a lot different than Colorado. Would like Jet fans from Florida to explain Florida gun laws or assault charges.
    i stand corrected raider...obviously didn't realize that when i responded to the thread.