Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need some advice

All League

Need some advice

My girlfriend tells me today that her family wants to take a vacation with almost all of her family (aunts, uncles, cousins, etc). It's a 10 day trip to puerto Rico. Her family is paying her way and I have to pay mine. It's a great deal cuz I would of had to pay her way if we went alone. The problem is that the vacation starts January 5th. It's the start of playoffs and it will last thru 2 rounds. I have to know if I'm going by next week. I don't want to miss the vacation or the possibility of 2 playoff games. Suggestions? Oh, and her two sisters boyfriends are going. Will I look like a jack off if I don't go?

You want her parading around PR for a couple weeks without you?

All League
    pr is a commonwealth of the usa so im pretty sure that there will be some sports bar there where you are more than likely to watch the game bro.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    My girlfriend tells me today that her family wants to take a vacation with almost all of her family (aunts, uncles, cousins, etc). It's a 10 day trip to puerto Rico. Her family is paying her way and I have to pay mine. It's a great deal cuz I would of had to pay her way if we went alone. The problem is that the vacation starts January 5th. It's the start of playoffs and it will last thru 2 rounds. I have to know if I'm going by next week. I don't want to miss the vacation or the possibility of 2 playoff games. Suggestions? Oh, and her two sisters boyfriends are going. Will I look like a jack off if I don't go?
    Why don't you simply fly down for a week and use work as an excuse.

Monday to Friday. BTW, any pics?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Yes

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    You want her parading around PR for a couple weeks without you?

I thought about that. She is gonna be with her entire family. I'm 100% sure nothing would happen.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardukis View Post
    Why don't you simply fly down for a week and use work as an excuse.

Monday to Friday. BTW, any pics?
    Can't do that. We are flying to puerto Rico and then taking a cruise.

Veteran
    Buy a sling box, go to PR.

/thread

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    Dump her.
    This.

All League
    You might want to contact the cruise line to make sure they will be broadcasting the games on board, either way I would go.

I went through this back in 2008. Depending on the cruise line, they'll have the games available to watch.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Getting ass, and watching your team on TV if they make it is a win, win. What the hell is wrong with you kids today?

Veteran
    We're getting a first round bye anyways. This trip is win all the way.

All League
    I would hope that since it would be playoff time, the ship would televise the game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Your a big boy now go for it. Cruise Puerto Rico or playoffs. You're not climbing Everest dude the games will be on.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Do you really want to become involved with a girl/family that is that oblivious to the NFL playoff schedule? If/when you pop the question down the road, she'll be like "oh look hon, all the catering halls are available on Sunday, February 4th. What a perfect day for our wedding."

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Dude, we're going 7-9.

Imagine you're at home watching the Patriots and Bills in the playoffs while the pissed-off girlfriend is away for two weeks. Even if she's not banging some French guy she's going to be thinking about it, having been cut off from sex for half a month. Meanwhile, you're at home thinking about what she's up to, making yourself nuts. Her sisters will be bored silly after two days, will start working her hard on why you abandoned her. Sounds like fun, right?

Go.

SAR I

All League
    Is your girlfriend Puerto Rican? This is critical to answering the question correctly. Also, less critical but still important, how would you describe her butt? Is it A) diminutive, B) round, C) Michelin-man, D) Star Trek Deep Space 9?