Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need some advice

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    Do you really want to become involved with a girl/family that is that oblivious to the NFL playoff schedule? If/when you pop the question down the road, she'll be like "oh look hon, all the catering halls are available on Sunday, February 4th. What a perfect day for our wedding."
    That's what I'm saying. My wife has the temerity to have a due date in late December. she knows we could be fighting for our playoff lives. Am I a d-bag if she gives birth on a football Sunday and I don't go until the game is over?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    That's what I'm saying. My wife has the temerity to have a due date in late December. she knows we could be fighting for our playoff lives. Am I a d-bag if she gives birth on a football Sunday and I don't go until the game is over?
    Sorry but this is all your fault. One must plan to slip one past the goalie so that labor does not interfere with football.

Both of my son's were born during baseball season. When my first son was born, the hospital had a new "birthing room". These are more the norm now but back then, it was new. The idea is to make it look more like a room you would have at home... except with doctors, nurses and hospital monitors.

But it had a tv. I had the Yankee game on during her entire labor, which was very long. In fact, the game started and ended while she was still in labor. Yanks beat the orioles 3-2.

The day my second son was born, the Yanks were playing the red sox. It was a 4 pm start and I had the game on in the delivery room. The Yanks beat the sox 3-1 and the game was over by 7:30. Soon after she went into labor. She ultimately had a c-section and there was no tv in that room so it was fortunate that the game had ended by then.

Just plan ahead and make sure you get a room with a tv.
    Last edited by crossfire; 07-16-2012 at 08:56 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    you will go on this cruise.

they will have TVs showing the NFL playoffs at one of the bars/restaurants.

just hope that the bartender is not some azzclown dooshbag that refuses to put on the Jets game because the PR Baseball preseason is starting.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    Sorry but this is all your fault. One must plan to slip one past the goalie so that labor does not interfere with football.

Both of my son's were born during baseball season. When my first son was born, the hospital had a new "birthing room". These are more the norm now but back then, it was new. The idea is to make it look more like a room you would have at home... except with doctors, nurses and hospital monitors.

But it had a tv. I had the Yankee game on during her entire labor, which was very long. In fact, the game started and ended while she was still in labor. Yanks beat the orioles 3-2.

The day my second son was born, the Yanks were playing the red sox. It was a 4 pm start and I had the game on in the delivery room. The Yanks beat the sox 3-1 and the game was over by 7:30. Soon after she went into labor. She ultimately had a c-section and there was no tv in that room so it was fortunate that the game had ended by then.

Just plan ahead and make sure you get a room with a tv.

I thought 25+ years of being on the pot woulda made me sterile! But I will take your advice. I have Sunday Ticket and will use her ipad to see the Jets soul crushing collapse of the week live. It is all her fault after all. I'll get off the pill she said. It'll take us a couple years to get pregnant she said.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Will any cats be there?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    The games will be on on the boat. They also will be on in whatever port you find yourself on that particular day. Of course, the Jets game will probably start at 3:30 and you will have to be back at the boat for a 6pm departure and the ship's satellite won't get fully working until you're out at sea and you'll probably end up missing the end of the game from mid 3rd quarter on.

Cruises suck.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    you will go on this cruise.

they will have TVs showing the NFL playoffs at one of the bars/restaurants.
    Yes, Lord Inglip

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Yes, Lord Inglip

lol, nothing Inglipian about it.

Dude comes on here pretending like he has a choice in the matter...

"hey doodz should i go on this cruise with my GF and her entire family, or should i stay home and watch teh foozball?"

Please

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    I thought about that. She is gonna be with her entire family. I'm 100% sure nothing would happen.

Ahhhhhhhhahahahahaha!!! You should meet my ex wife some time.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is all her fault after all. I'll get off the pill she said. It'll take us a couple years to get pregnant she said.

A couple of years?

Maybe if your swimmers took this route...

Last edited by crossfire; 07-16-2012 at 10:04 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    To dilate, or not to dilate-that is the question

A pessary may work bess-ary.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    A couple of years?

That's my wife your cartoon is talking about! And did you miss the part about me being on the marijuana pot for 25+ years? I thought I killed most of my boys off. Glad I dint but still. I misplace my shoes much less often since we quit, so I have that going for me, which is nice.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's my wife your cartoon is talking about! And did you miss the part about me being on the marijuana pot for 25+ years? I thought I killed most of my boys off. Glad I dint but still. I misplace my shoes much less often since we quit, so I have that going for me, which is nice.
    No offense was intended to your wife.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No offense was intended to your wife.
    I think she would answer that sleeping next to a fat, sweaty, farting window licker every night for almost 7 years was the definition of offensive but I'm not one to talk behind peoples backs.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought about that. She is gonna be with her entire family. I'm 100% sure nothing would happen.
    Lol, this guys going to start a thread in January asking "Hey, some dude down in PR just baked my GF some brownies--do you guys think that's a problem?"

_

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Go watch the Playoffs in Paradise while everyone is freezing their ass off. Plus how many times do you get to go to PR with your GF and you don't have to pay for her.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The problem is that the vacation starts January 5th. It's the start of playoffs and it will last thru 2 rounds. I have to know if I'm going by next week. I don't want to miss the vacation or the possibility of 2 playoff games.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3-eavMSBnk

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm with one of the previous posters: You don't really want to be part of a family that is oblivious to the football season, do you?

I skipped a cousin's wedding to attend the Jets/Bills 2009 game.

Am I dick? Probably, but they're stupid. The husband is a huge Cowboys fan, so I'm surprised he went for it, but I guess that's the whip for you.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    A couple of years?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, I Have decided to go. I was contemplating it all might and day. I should be able to watch the game either with my Sunday ticket on my iPad or the ship. I guess watching it on the beach is alot better than dealing with the ****ty weather in Pittsburgh. Besides, watching playoff football in Pittsburgh with all my friends that are steeler fans just down right sucks.

Thanks for your input.

One more question: I'm heading to Boston the third weekend of the season. Does anyone know if The Green Briar Pub in Brighton, Ma is still a jets bar? I heard somewhere that it was. If not, are there another place to watch the games while up there?