Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LOL, Our 3rd/4th & short Offense was even more predictable & atrocious than I thought

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    so you're saying teh pfail sucks?

I don't even know what that means

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    This plus 1000. Schotty was constantly doing this and out smarting himself.
    That's why the receivers need options. So when you see they have it covered they switch up the route. Now you can't do that if each route is called separately, and they have enough trouble knowing where everyone is going to be. If you have more simple plays that everyone knows well, and time at the line to read the defense, then the QB and receivers can trust each other to see the same things. You've already done it over and over in practice. That's why I expect big things from this offense. By big things, I mean consistency. That's a big thing to me. No more face palms, would be huge. With this defense that will be huge.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I don't even know what that means
    He's saying Troll free boards...for a better tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    He's saying Troll free boards...for a better tomorrow
    Thanks, internet lingo leaves me in the dark.

All Pro
    Once upon a time they was this future HOF coach who got fired because his Browns Team couldn't get out of their own way.He went to a Pats team and was on his way out of the league as far as being a HC before this amazing accident allowed him to luck into a QB who would lead his team to a few Super Bowls,the majority of which he would win.

It's never the Coach,it's always the execution.

Why is it that when someone doesn't agree with the mob mentality of this forum,that person is labelled a Troll.

Stats can tell u what happen,but they never tell u why.Knowing the facts,combined with the stats can give you a more accurate assesment,but still leaves doubt.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Once upon a time they was this future HOF coach who got fired because his Browns Team couldn't get out of their own way.He went to a Pats team and was on his way out of the league as far as being a HC before this amazing accident allowed him to luck into a QB who would lead his team to a few Super Bowls,the majority of which he would win.

Why is it that when someone doesn't agree with the mob mentality of this forum,that person is labelled a Troll.

Stats can tell u what happen,but they never tell u why.Knowing the facts,combined with the stats can give you a more accurate assesment,but still leaves doubt.
    A troll is someone who's intent is to disrupt discussions, and incite bickering. Hence they troll through the threads trying to get someone to bite in an attempt to derail them.

BTW you're right about it never being the coach that makes the team great, but you're wrong in that it can be the coach that holds the team back, by micromanaging. Sorry, but when you make absolute statements, you will always be wrong. You should work on that.

Some posters just don't want to hear divergent opinions.

Stat people to me are baseball fans where you can look at a box score and get a somewhat accurate measure of the game. Making a first down throw on 3rd and 7 when your backed up on your own goal line is given the same weight as a 3rd and 7 pass on their 45 yd line.

One of the best examples concern Revis. How come he does not get interceptions or PBUs. I also love this "target" stat. There are three or four receivers in routes, who determines who the target was, Was the ball thrown at his feet, behind him, did it hit him in the numbers. What you read is that he was targeted 7 times and only got 3 receptions. Where was the route run?
    Was it over the middle where the qb is shielded from the receiver behind defenders and the oline. Was the CB on his jock or running free.

All Pro

One of the best examples concern Revis. How come he does not get interceptions or PBUs. I also love this "target" stat. There are three or four receivers in routes, who determines who the target was, Was the ball thrown at his feet, behind him, did it hit him in the numbers. What you read is that he was targeted 7 times and only got 3 receptions. Where was the route run?
    Was it over the middle where the qb is shielded from the receiver behind defenders and the oline. Was the CB on his jock or running free.
    what are you trying to say here?

I think it's pretty obvious on just about every single throw who the intended target was.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    what are you trying to say here?

I think it's pretty obvious on just about every single throw who the intended target was.
    I just hate the stat, you have no idea of where the ball was placed and even if it was a catchable ball. But to your point I see guys in the pats offense with Gronk curling to the left and Welker curling to the right from opposite sides of the line of scrimmage running routes 8 and 15 yds deep, I see that I think at least 3 or 4 times a game I don't know who the ball was thrown to. Did Brady overshoot Welker or under throw Gronk. I seen Brady throw the ball at Welkers feet when he is covered and just wants to throw the ball away, but this is counted as a targeted play. It is just one of those things that rile me up. I understand that on a majority of plays you can see who the target is. But you cant tell from the stat line if the corner was draped on him, running free, was he over the middle surrounded by LBs, did the qb thow the
    ball before the route was fully developed
    Last edited by patman; 07-17-2012 at 12:44 PM.

I just hate the stat, you have no idea of where the ball was placed and even if it was a catchable ball. But to your point I see guys in the pats offense with Gronk curling to the left and Welker curling to the right from opposite sides of the line of scrimmage running routes 8 and 15 yds deep, I see that I think at least 3 or 4 times a game I don't know who the ball was thrown to. Did Brady overshoot Welker or under throw Gronk. I seen Brady throw the ball at Welkers feet when he is covered and just wants to throw the ball away, but this is counted as a targeted play. It is just one of those things that rile me up. I understand that on a majority of plays you can see who the target is. But you cant tell from the stat line if the corner was draped on him, running free, was he over the middle surrounded by LBs, did the qb thow the
    ball before the route was fully developed
    That's why they have the stat called "drops."

And your "3 or 4 times a game I don't know who the ball was thrown to" is quite an exaggeration. Not only that, but you're only seeing it once from one camera angle. Don't worry, the stats people are putting in more work than you.

Even so, let's say even they have no idea 5-6 during the season. When Welker has 172 targets and Gronkowski has 124, you're starting to talk about an insignificant percentage that won't drastically change the main idea of what the stat is telling.

Me thinks you just don't like stats. Statistics, more specifically advanced statistics, have improved immensely in the last 15 years.
    Last edited by Rexipus Rex; 07-17-2012 at 12:50 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    That's why they have the stat called "drops."

And your "3 or 4 times a game I don't know who the ball was thrown to" is quite an exaggeration. Not only that, but you're only seeing it once from one camera angle. Don't worry, the stats people are putting in more work than you.

Even so, let's say even they have no idea 5-6 during the season. When Welker has 172 targets and Gronkowski has 124, you're starting to talk about an insignificant percentage that won't drastically change the main idea of what the stat is telling.

Me thinks you just don't like stats. Statistics, more specifically advanced statistics, have improved immensely in the last 15 years.
    FTW.

Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    ... this has been a pretty informative and reasonable thread so far ...

... you are the person taking it to left field ...

l_j_r
    Trolls/SOJF always arrive on cue.

Back to the thread, Shoddy was not as smart as he thought he was and undermined Jets' forward progress with his out of sync mishaps. Good riddance to the ball and chain around the Jets' balls

One of the best examples concern Revis. How come he does not get interceptions or PBUs. I also love this "target" stat.
    Revis routinely leads the league in Pass Deflections... but I think I get the gist of what you're saying.

Jets Insider VIP

LOL! Bet you were the coach's favorite benchwarmer, too. I guess it's always the students fault, not the instructor, right? Those GMs, they just go around firing coaches because the players just can't grok the simple concepts written down in front of them.

Worst. Poster. Ever.

Brian Schottenheimer = One of the Worst Offensive Coordinators in the NFL Today

Good luck Rams fans with this idiot ruining your young qb.

Thank Tebow he's finally gone.