Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Gets Credit for YOUR Success?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Does he spend most of the working day screwing around on internet message boards?
    Lolz.

Pretty funny coming from someone who posts 71.5% of the time during working hours.

Besides, I'm not a plumber anymore. I work in an office. Because office work is so f*cking easy that even a plumber could do it....:

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    work in an office. Because office work is so f*cking easy that even a plumber could do it.......
    Generalization are general.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    It also echoes a speech given by a Mass. (D) (a woman, whose name now eludes me),
    An evil white *****, Elizabeth Warren, who claimed to be 1/24th American Indian (I'm not kidding) to gain preferential treatment at harvard (lower case intentional).

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [I]"ÖLook, if youíve been successful, you didnít get there on your own. You didnít get there on your own. Iím always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there.
    No there's not.

He knows that, all he as to do is look at the people who voted for him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frequent Flyer View Post
    No there's not.

He knows that, all he as to do is look at the people who voted for him.
    There are a lot of dumbasses out there as well.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who gets credit for Obama's failures? Apparently it's Bain Capital.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    We the Individuals of the Individual States, in Order to form a more perfect bunch of Individuals, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the Individual defense, promote the Individual Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to Individuals and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the Individual States of America.
    You can buy insurance for domestic tranquility??? Does it cover loud parties next door? Sign me up!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Turns out, Dumbama is actually an aborted fetus that got tossed in the garbage.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty much why I refuse to feel bad over this, even though I know he was taken out of context...

I just want one President to be able to run for a 2nd term and not have to smear the other guy to get back into office...

One President to say, "hey, here's what I did so far" and that what he's done is actually enough to keep him in there for four more years...

'D' or 'R' it doesn't matter... I'd vote 'D' if it were to ever happen, tbqh...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Pretty much why I refuse to feel bad over this, even though I know he was taken out of context...

I just want one President to be able to run for a 2nd term and not have to smear the other guy to get back into office...

One President to say, "hey, here's what I did so far" and that what he's done is actually enough to keep him in there for four more years...

Hey, Reagan never attacked Mondale. He was a gentleman.
    GWB didn't get too crazy against Kerry. GWB was also a nice guy.
    Both related what they had done.

Clinton didn't attack Dole. Dole was simply not the guy for the job. It was obvious.

Obama on the other hand is being a jerk. Certainly not out of character for him.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    According to the President:

Quote Originally Posted by President Obama
    Well, here's what I know, we were just talking about responsibility and as president of the United States, it's pretty clear to me that I'm responsible for folks who are working in the federal government and you know, Harry Truman said the buck stops with you.

....if he aspires to being president one of the things you learn is, you are ultimately responsible for the conduct of your operations.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    You can buy insurance for domestic tranquility??? Does it cover loud parties next door? Sign me up!
    Put a gun in your belt, and...you know the rest.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post

As hope fads into recession blame of Bush will turn to blame of Bain Capital. There is little hope in scorched earth and it certainly doesn't represent change for those who run on failed policy.

Sadly it will probably work, debate of ideas is way to unpredictable.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    As hope fads into recession blame of Bush will turn to blame of Bain Capital. There is little hope in scorched earth and it certainly doesn't represent change for those who run on failed policy.

Sadly it will probably work, debate of ideas is way to unpredictable.
    The blame Bain line of attack is just a distraction. It doesn't work with independents. The only people that are talking about are Obama partisans. If that is what Barry is counting on to get himself reelected he is in big trouble. The Obama campaign has spend 100 million over the past few months pushing this line of attack and the polls haven't budged.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    A little something for the Bainers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2w7i...layer_embedded

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, 1 for the good guy. Obama saved GM with our tax money. Bain saved the company with private investors. Mitt 1 Obama 0

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    So on the topic of success, what do you think is behind achieving success in America? Do the successful owe their success to "us all", as the President and other (D) claim? Is hard work and effort, and skill, talent and the like over-rated in achieving success? Is public services and governemnt under-rated by us all in it's role in providing success?

What say you on this?
    God is the Answer.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    God is the Answer.
    For you, perhaps.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can definitely give the govt credit for much of MY success. I owe a lot to the military, including much of my education, and the mentors within the military that pushed me to succeed.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The blame Bain line of attack is just a distraction. It doesn't work with independents. The only people that are talking about are Obama partisans. If that is what Barry is counting on to get himself reelected he is in big trouble. The Obama campaign has spend 100 million over the past few months pushing this line of attack and the polls haven't budged.
    Actually, Barry's poll numbers have gotten worse.

**** him, he's a scumbag.