Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Let the Revis holdout speculation go into full gear

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since his famous sound bite a day after his last contract was signed I always thought he would hold out, however I am leaning towards thinking that he is will not hold out he has another card he can play given that he has so much to loose by holding out.

What I do think he may do ... he may fake an injury in camp, and generally be a distraction to the rest of the team until the Jets FO step up and do something.

I do hope they send him home if he created a distraction at camp.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    While that may be true, Revis certainly hasn't put any water on said fire. By saying he isn't sure whether he will or not report to camp, it gives the media the foot in the door they need to run with it.
    THIS. It's not what he's said that is cause for concern. It's what he hasn't said.

Given his hold out clause in his current deal it's easy to say he has no leverage. But if he holds out, and the team comes out of the block with a few losses, the pressure will be on the FO to rework his deal. That's his only leverage.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    I stopped reading right here...
    +1

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    He will not hold out I can't understand why jet fans even entertain the possibilty of him doing so this year.

He can sulk and be a bad teammate and a pain in the locker room but that is it.
    It was said last time he probably wouldn't hold out....

The Jets hold all the cards here, but you are dealing with a HUGE egomaniac with agents who are bigger ego maniacs....anything is possible.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do. Not. Renegotiate.

He's gonna sit out for two years? Fck him, he signed off on this deal.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Reservations always accepted!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post

Reservations always accepted!
    Nothing like some Vaudeville in the Catskills ...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    I couldn't care less about Darrelle Revis holding out.

He's the greatest Jet that I've ever seen, arguably the greatest Jet of All-Time and is currently rated #1 as the NFL's greatest defensive player around, and at the age of only 27? That's a scary thought.

The only thing that matters to me, as a fan of this franchise; is that Darrelle Revis retires as a Jet. We can't lose one of the all-time greats, especially during his prime/golden years.

If it were any other player who held out like this? It could get the best of me (as a fan). But this isn't just any other player we're talking about, it's Darrelle Revis; the greatest defensive player in all of Football.

Hopefully he's ready for training camp, but if not? He'll be ready come week one of the regular season. Hopefully with a long-term contract too.
    I could not disagree with this post more. If Revis holds out they should invoke the holdout clause add 2 years and fine him until he plays.

He is the best defensive CB in the NFL, and one of the best of all time. But he is just not that important to the Jets.

If we could trade him I would be very happy

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets are in a win-win here. If Revis holds out they own him for the next 5 years at below market value!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    Jets are in a win-win here. If Revis holds out they own him for the next 5 years at below market value!
    You think that scares him? He'll sit out as long as it takes to get the deal he wants. He could care less about those extra three years kicking in because he knows eventually it will be ripped up and some team will give him the deal he seeks.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    he's not holding out

31 posts commenting on Mort making an ass of himself again is enough

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    You think that scares him? He'll sit out as long as it takes to get the deal he wants. He could care less about those extra three years kicking in because he knows eventually it will be ripped up and some team will give him the deal he seeks.
    Revis is not wasting ages 27-31. He won't miss regular season action. He might hold out every year but if we get him for cheap who cares?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    Revis is not wasting ages 27-31. He won't miss regular season action. He might hold out every year but if we get him for cheap who cares?
    If he holds out, he will hold out until he gets the deal he covets. He will not play for the contract that would kick in. Guaranteed.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not happening

More wasted bandwidth over Mort BS

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Not happening

More wasted bandwidth over Mort BS

Probably will not happen this year, but will happen next year unless a long term deal is reached. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis is showing up but he will ride the bike/fake a pulled muscle. This way he gets credit for showing up and still causes enough of a distraction to put pressure on the Jets FO to do something.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Revis is showing up but he will ride the bike/fake a pulled muscle. This way he gets credit for showing up and still causes enough of a distraction to put pressure on the Jets FO to do something.
    Seeing as I will be at the first three days of Training Camp, I will give a report on this.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's no reason to hold out this year because next year he has us by the balls if we don't work out his contract now. He has a no franchise guarantee, which means next season the Jets must do something or face losing him to the open market.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    If this jac***off holds out again, trade his ass to the Colts this year, with the stipulation that he is traded off the Colts and to the next worse team until his career is over and he has NO SHOT at even sniffing the playoffs, let alone winning a Super Bowl.

UN-F***KING-BELIEVABLE
    Better idea.. Trade him to the Patriots so that he can make it to the super bowl every other year, and fail to win.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NPTJET53 View Post
    Better idea.. Trade him to the Patriots so that he can make it to the super bowl every other year, and fail to win.
    Great idea Steve...trade away the best defensive player in the NFL based on a Mort the Moron report supported by nothing....

Did you used to assist Isaiah Thomas with Knick personnel matters too??