Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 46 of 46

Thread: Let the Revis holdout speculation go into full gear

  1. #41
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    582
    Post Thanks / Like
    talk to us on day 2, until then #wgara

  2. #42
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    499
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    It was said last time he probably wouldn't hold out....

    The Jets hold all the cards here, but you are dealing with a HUGE egomaniac with agents who are bigger ego maniacs....anything is possible.
    Do not pretend Revis does not hold all of the cards. Rex is revis biggest fan,and Tanny has a history of promising players to sign contracts and making it up to them in the future(Pete Kendall,etc,). I promise you if Revis holds out he will force the Jets hand and rip up his old deal. What would the Jets look like without Revis on the field?

  3. #43
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    hoboken
    Posts
    6,116
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by auctionking View Post
    Do not pretend Revis does not hold all of the cards. Rex is revis biggest fan,and Tanny has a history of promising players to sign contracts and making it up to them in the future(Pete Kendall,etc,). I promise you if Revis holds out he will force the Jets hand and rip up his old deal. What would the Jets look like without Revis on the field?
    they'd look okay with Cromartie and a #1 pick Wilson at CB... not as good with Revis of course, but with Coples, Wilkerson, Maybin and Davis rushing the passer.. probably not too bad.

  4. #44
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    499
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    Jets are in a win-win here. If Revis holds out they own him for the next 5 years at below market value!
    You are very naive,no way are the Jets going to own Revis at below his value,he is to good and the Jets need him. If you believe Revis is under the jets control,you have a lot of maturing to do

  5. #45
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    499
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    they'd look okay with Cromartie and a #1 pick Wilson at CB... not as good with Revis of course, but with Coples, Wilkerson, Maybin and Davis rushing the passer.. probably not too bad.
    The problem is we do not know for certain how good Coples and Davis will be. Many teams have the same hopes for their rookies

  6. #46
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    hoboken
    Posts
    6,116
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by auctionking View Post
    The problem is we do not know for certain how good Coples and Davis will be. Many teams have the same hopes for their rookies
    agreed.. but the speed and youth are encouraging.

    without revis - probably a top 10-15 defense..

    the major issue is that will not be enough to compete for the playoffs unless Sanchez and the offense gets things together.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us