Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tone Time

Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    You couldn't be more wrong.

Everyone knows how we'll use Tim Tebow. It's common sense. He'll become the Center Piece of a Tony Sparano led Wildcat (Gator) formation. He'll be used the same way as Brad Smith was used, but the difference? He's built like a mack-truck and ideal for short yardage situations due to his body frame/build. He'll keep the chains moving without question, especially with an offensive line that's led by an All-World Center in Nick Mangold. The difference between Tebow and Brad Smith? There's a real threat for Tebow to pass, especially when in comparison to Brad Smith who only had 7 NFL pass attempts. Tim Tebow coming into the game, will force opposing defenses to be honest. The threat of the pass. In 09 Brad Smith put up 18 rushes for 207 yards and 1 TD. In 2010 Brad Smith put up 38 rushes for 299 yards and 1 TD. Only two TD's, but that's an average of 9.0 yards per carry. The potential of our offensive Wildcat system now goes through the roof. A.) Sparano is a major upgrade over Shotty Jr in regards to running a Wildcat formation and B.) Tim Tebow is a big time upgrade over Brad Smith when in regards to rushing the football. Tebow has rushed for 887 yards (average of 5.4 yards per carry) along with 47 first down rushes to go along with another 12 rushing TD's over the past year and a half (23 games). A Sparano led Wildcat with Tebow as the Center-Piece rushing behind a Jets offensive line being led by Nick Mangold is going to become something very difficult for opposing defenses to prepare for, stop, let alone contain come Sunday's.

Santinio Holmes is 100% correct, we're on the verge of using Tim Tebow as a football player. Anyone with any knowledge of this situation would understand this. Also, he'll be used more than just under center in regards to a wildcat formation.... He'll be used as a decoy when running the Wildcat formation, with hand-off's to the likes of Shonn Greene (think Ricky Williams) and/or screen passes to explosive young talents such as Joe McKnight. He'll be lined up in the backfield behind Sanchez (as a HB/FB) from time to time as well. Imagine Tebow at FB and Greene at HB on 3rd and/or 4th and short types of situations... Which back is getting the ball in obvious run situations? Will Sanchez instead catch the defense off-balance with a quick QB sneak? We may even see Tebow line up at TE in order to confuse defense and/or at least keep them aware/off balance.

Wrong. All Santonio Holmes has sated, is that Tim Tebow is going to be used as a football player, and not as a "two quarterback system".

"He's gonna be a football player, he's going to get an opportunity to make plays for this team. It says a lot, because he has the 'quarterback tag', but, in all actuality and respect; Tim Tebow is a football player. The things that he did when he was at the University of Florida, all he did was win ball game whether he was throwing the ball or he was running it; he made plays. Came to the NFL, and all he did was, make a few plays, and help win, very big ball games; when people counted him out. And, I think he's going to be that same guy coming to New York, that's to help fulfill a role of us, winning, more than 8 games than what we did last year. Tebow's going to have plays where he comes in and plays. Whether he plays at quarterback, Sanchez is on the field or off the field, those are the plays that Coach has designed for Tebow to run that week. I'm pretty sure he's going to get them done and he's going to do his job just as well as any other quarterback would when they get an opportunity to get on the field."

Sounds like a player who's ready for Tim Tebow to help impact this offense to the next level.

So basically you're taking Santonio's generic ramblings about "winning football games" and translating it into this:

Also, he'll be used more than just under center in regards to a wildcat formation.... He'll be used as a decoy when running the Wildcat formation, with hand-off's to the likes of Shonn Greene (think Ricky Williams) and/or screen passes to explosive young talents such as Joe McKnight. He'll be lined up in the backfield behind Sanchez (as a HB/FB) from time to time as well. Imagine Tebow at FB and Greene at HB on 3rd and/or 4th and short types of situations... Which back is getting the ball in obvious run situations? Will Sanchez instead catch the defense off-balance with a quick QB sneak? We may even see Tebow line up at TE in order to confuse defense and/or at least keep them aware/off balance.

I didn't know you had access to Sparano's playbook. Does Santonio know the Jets will be doing these kinds of things? Because he could have expounded upon Tebow's role a bit better for the audience and helped to quash the controversy of Tebow playing under center in a more traditional role at any point. But maybe he didn't want to give all of that away. It's ok, I won't tell anyone, promise.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 07-17-2012 at 01:27 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    dearest ASG... unfortunately due to repostings by Jet fan posters, I have the misfortune of seeing your spewings occasionally

I wish this could be fixed because sometimes I am not fast enough with the scroll bar however, that is one of the parts of life that I and all other Jet fans apparently will have to deal with here at JI

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    dearest ASG... unfortunately due to repostings by Jet fan posters, I have the misfortune of seeing your spewings occasionally

I wish this could be fixed because sometimes I am not fast enough with the scroll bar however, that is one of the parts of life that I and all other Jet fans apparently will have to deal with here at JI
    At least for this season, next year the Jags fans get to be the lucky fans to endure their presence.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    At least for this season, next year the Jags fans get to be the lucky fans to endure their presence.
    I think good old ASG's ravings are those of a chowd troll not a Te-bonehead thus, unfortunately, we will still have to see his trolling after Timmy heads off to the Jaguars in 2013 to "lead" them to the first selection in the 2014 NFL Draft

The guy is a cancerous overrated ass clown. The Jets will have more problems with him before all is said and done that is guaranteed. The jerks will always bail on the team and their team mates when things start getting tough.

If he was something other than a middle of the pack reciever he might have more leeway. He is not.

holmes is a perfect example of a prima dona who really doesn't care about the team only his stats. i'm sure plax was right there showing him how to be selfish and the whole captain thing didn't help either.

hopefully the rest of the offense and sparano were embarrassed enough by last year's performance to keep this clown in line. and let's hope none of it rubs off on the younger players.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/photos-an...3-ef611d49033b

Same video, but posted on the Jets site. I don't think anyone is embarrassed by what he had to say. Hated him quitting last year but I think he is going in with a clean slate. And without Sh!tty, he knows he will get a fair shot as long as he performs.

He has all the cash he needs for a lifetime, so it's now all about ego. Dude is going to work his a$$ off on our way to the SB.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    http://www.newyorkjets.com/photos-an...3-ef611d49033b

Same video, but posted on the Jets site. I don't think anyone is embarrassed by what he had to say. Hated him quitting last year but I think he is going in with a clean slate. And without Sh!tty, he knows he will get a fair shot as long as he performs.
    Exactly. Santonio Holmes is one hell of a wide receiver, but last year with Shotty Jr as offensive coordinator? He could only take so much. He gave us warning sign after warning sign (before actually losing his cool) letting us know that he felt 'trapped' under Shotty's offense. He made it known, time and time again (before his offensive coordinator lost his job) that he was being forced to run routes, that were being designed right into the heart of the defense etc, etc.

As a competitive person, he could only take so much before snapping during the final week of the season, as the Jets season went down the drain. I respect the fact that Holmes cares and plays with emotion; He won't accept mediocrity moving forward. And as a man, I can respect that. He expects to win. He understood his offensive coordinator was incompetent in regards to situational play calling and knew his quarterback was struggling because of it. He opened his mouth. Good for him.

Santonio Holmes has an amazingly high IQ of the WR position, and with coach Sparano as offensive coordinator? For the first time, as Jet fans, we'll be able to see Holmes actually help Sanchez moving forward. He'll no longer be trapped in a sense where he'll now be in position to help his quarterback while improving our offense at the same time. Holmes will now have the ability (under Sparano) to read coverages, change and/or adjust his routes (hot route back to Sanchez), he'll become more involved (in the game) as our number one wide receiver because of this, and with an amazingly high I.Q of the wide receiver position; he'll now be able to read opposing defenses, adjust his routes with hot routes back to the quarterback and most importantly? He'll be able to expose opposing defensive coverages time and time again. If the CB is playing an outside out route? We'll see Holmes run a quick slant (think 2010). If Holmes notices that a safety is cheating up and/or playing the run? We'll see Holmes beat his corner one on one deep with a post route attacking the middle of the defense (while the safety gets exposed cheating), if Holmes is in bump and run coverage, we'll see him take advantage of that. If CB's are playing 8-10 yards back off the L.O.S? Expect a quick screen/quick pass thrown to Holmes etc, etc. He now has the overall ability/freedom to impact on offense while helping Sanchez develop at the same time. He was trapped under Shotty's offense, and treated as a High School wide receiver with no ability/freedom to change the outcome of the play.

Holmes is an amazingly gifted wide receiver, and I can't blame Holmes for losing his cool and quitting on his offensive coordinator. He'll be ready for a monster season this up coming season. He felt trapped last season, and Shotty Jr deserves that blame for that. I'm expecting a monster season out of Holmes, especially considering the fact that Sparano establishes the run game in order to setup a down field vertical passing attack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVPYpxzIgOQ

Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    Exactly. Santonio Holmes is one hell of a wide receiver, but last year with Shotty Jr as offensive coordinator? He could only take so much. He gave us warning sign after warning sign (before actually losing his cool) letting us know that he felt 'trapped' under Shotty's offense. He made it known, time and time again (before his offensive coordinator lost his job) that he was being forced to run routes, that were being designed right into the heart of the defense etc, etc.

As a competitive person, he could only take so much before snapping during the final week of the season, as the Jets season went down the drain. I respect the fact that Holmes cares and plays with emotion; He won't accept mediocrity moving forward. And as a man, I can respect that. He expects to win. He understood his offensive coordinator was incompetent in regards to situational play calling and knew his quarterback was struggling because of it. He opened his mouth. Good for him.

Santonio Holmes has an amazingly high IQ of the WR position, and with coach Sparano as offensive coordinator? For the first time, as Jet fans, we'll be able to see Holmes actually help Sanchez moving forward. He'll no longer be trapped in a sense where he'll now be in position to help his quarterback while improving our offense at the same time. Holmes will now have the ability (under Sparano) to read coverages, change and/or adjust his routes (hot route back to Sanchez), he'll become more involved (in the game) as our number one wide receiver because of this, and with an amazingly high I.Q of the wide receiver position; he'll now be able to read opposing defenses, adjust his routes with hot routes back to the quarterback and most importantly? He'll be able to expose opposing defensive coverages time and time again. If the CB is playing an outside out route? We'll see Holmes run a quick slant (think 2010). If Holmes notices that a safety is cheating up and/or playing the run? We'll see Holmes beat his corner one on one deep with a post route attacking the middle of the defense (while the safety gets exposed cheating), if Holmes is in bump and run coverage, we'll see him take advantage of that. If CB's are playing 8-10 yards back off the L.O.S? Expect a quick screen/quick pass thrown to Holmes etc, etc. He now has the overall ability/freedom to impact on offense while helping Sanchez develop at the same time. He was trapped under Shotty's offense, and treated as a High School wide receiver with no ability/freedom to change the outcome of the play.

Holmes is an amazingly gifted wide receiver, and I can't blame Holmes for losing his cool and quitting on his offensive coordinator. He'll be ready for a monster season this up coming season. He felt trapped last season, and Shotty Jr deserves that blame for that. I'm expecting a monster season out of Holmes, especially considering the fact that Sparano establishes the run game in order to setup a down field vertical passing attack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVPYpxzIgOQ

Blah, blah, blah. I almost have to admire your stubborn defense of Holmes and the lengths you will go to in defending him. Heck, you almost had me believing that he is some kind of once in a generation WR talent, but then reality kicked in once again.

He's just not that good. He doesn't have an amazingly high IQ of ANY sort and he's no where close to being a top level talent.

Holmes is an average receiver and a Punk. He has one hell of an ego problem ... Probably caused by low self esteem.

What he said to the media is ridiculous. It's not their job to support the team. It is their job to report news on the team objectively ... Good or bad.

If he wants praise from the media... Then he should do something that warrants praise ... To this point in his Jets career .. If one takes into account his ridiculous salary ... The disappointment he has generated is ... Gholstonesque