Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Great reviews flooding in for The Dark Knight Rises

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    This guy is such a waste of life
    Dirt is okay...as long as he takes his meds...

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    and then, there's this:
    What's really said is that millions of people believe everything this idiot says,and he is treated like a God by these people...sheep..sheep..sheep

Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post

shut yr fook up!!

+1

Rookie
    Ugghh. So not interested.

I was mega excited for The Dark Night and it was really good, just what I wanted. Until it went on for at least an extra 45 minutes. The story with the Joker was great, perfectly executed by Heath Ledger. I understand the importance of the back story of Two-Face also but I just don't know why we had to experience that whole story also. Hell, do what everyone else is doing these days. Flesh it out into another movie. Save for the ogling of Anne Hathaway in what I presume to be some delectable costumes, I'm not interested.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by IHATEDOLPHINS View Post
    agree

One of my fav movies is Heat.3 hours long held my interest the entire time.If the movie is great time doesn't matter

As far as the critics go I even saw one that they didn't like it because it was too dark..right up my alley

I really don't go by what critics say.They love movies like Milk and British period pieces
    One of my all-time Top 5 right there! I'm working in LA pretty often these days and I'm putting together a little list of places to visit where the movie was shot....St. Mary Medical Center in Long Beach where McCauley steals the ambulance, the Hilton where McCauley later shoots Waingro, the Far East Bank and the exit at the 444 Building where the best bank robbery firefight in movie history was filmed!

I also drive over the Vincent Thomas bridge about 3 times a week.

Jets Insider VIP
    Dirt is great...as long as he DOESN'T takes his meds...
    fixed

Quote Originally Posted by IHATEDOLPHINS View Post
    agree

One of my fav movies is Heat.3 hours long held my interest the entire time.If the movie is great time doesn't matter

As far as the critics go I even saw one that they didn't like it because it was too dark..right up my alley

I really don't go by what critics say.They love movies like Milk and British period pieces
    Heat is a phenomenal movie, and funny that you should bring it up in a batman thread considering that the explosive, amazing opening bank scene in the dark knight was inspired from 'Heat'.

I agree, critics suck. Rarely do I find myself agreeing with them about a relatively famous movie, and almost never when it comes to obscure, small, or indie movies.

'too dark' for the dark knight? .............

Holy **** I did not think Nolan could top tdk but he did! This movie left me speechless tied everything together....as soon as it was over all of us that went wanted to see it again

Jets Insider VIP
    Time to change the thread title....

14 dead at batman screening

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...-colorado?lite

By David Wyllie, Ian Johnston and Dan Strieff, NBC News

Updated at 5:35 a.m. ET: At least 14 people were killed and dozens of others wounded early Friday when at least one gunman opened fire during a shootout scene at a midnight screening of the summer blockbuster "The Dark Knight Rises" near Denver, authorities and witnesses said.

Aurora police chief Dan Oates told reporters that 10 people died at the scene of the shooting and four others died after being taken to local hospitals. At least 50 other people were injured, Oates said.

One suspect was in custody, police said. It was unclear whether other suspects were involved.

The incident occurred in the Century 16 Movie Theaters at the Aurora Town Center, police told NBC News. Aurora is a suburb less than 10 miles east of downtown Denver.

Brenda Stuart, of 850 KOA radio, told Sky News that "a lot of people thought the gunshots were part of the movie."

"They heard what they thought were firecrackers," she added, citing witnesses. "Then they saw the bullets flying."

Eyewitness reports said the assailant may have been wearing a gas mask, Stuart said.

'Get down!'
    Tear gas went off in the theater following the gunfire, Stuart said. She added that bullets had passed from one theater into an adjoining one.

The Denver Post quoted witness, Bejamin Fernandez, 30, as saying that people ran from the theater as shots rang out and police shouted "get down!"

Fernandez told the Post that he saw people falling, including one young girl.

Salina Jordan, 19, who was in Theater 8, told the Post she saw one girl struck in the cheek and others in the stomach, including a girl who looked to be around 9 years old.

Jordan told the Post that someone ran into her theater yelling, "they're shooting out here!" An alarm came on, Jordan said, announcing there was a "murder in [the] theater."

Jordan told the newspaper she saw police carrying bodies out of the theater as well as officers opening fire.

KUSA cited a witness as seeing a black-clad 6-foot-tall man wearing a riot helmet, goggles and bullet-proof vest kick through the door. The witness and her boyfriend crawled to the emergency exit, KUSA said.

Police spokeswoman Cassidee Carlson said "the scene is still very active."

More on this story from breakingnews.com

Follow @NBCNewsUS

Local emergency crews from several cities, including Denver and Boulder, have converged on the scene, Stuart told Sky News.

Cathy Canzanora, a 911 dispatcher, told NBC News that emergency dispatchers were deluged with calls from "everybody who had cellphones in the theater" at 12:39 a.m. Friday local time (2:39 a.m. ET).

"The place blew up," she said, referring to the number of calls.

She said she could not reveal what people told her but said that they reported "that there had been a shooting so we got the police and the fire department and the ambulance there as soon as they could."

Further local coverage from NBC station KUSA-Denver

Police cars transport the wounded
    The injured were being transported to three local hospitals, police told NBC.

Nicole Williams, with the Swedish Medical Center of Englewood, Colo., told KUSA-Denver the hospital was alerted to a mass-casualty incident at 1:15 a.m. local time Friday (3:15 a.m. ET).

9News

Emergency services attend the scene of a mass shooting at a movie theater in Aurora, Colo., early Friday.

Kalena Wilkinson, a public information officer for Denver Health, said six patients were taken to that hospital, with one in a critical condition and the other five in " fair" conditions.

KOA's Stuart said that police officers were taking victims to hospitals in their cars and not waiting for ambulances.

A bomb squad was on site, police added.

"The Dark Knight Rises," starring Christian Bale and Anne Hathaway, is the latest in the popular Batman action movie franchise. Friday was its international premier.

The name of this thread is now horribly ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    The name of this thread is now horribly ironic.
    Woke up this morning and thought the same thing.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Woke up this morning and thought the same thing.
    Yup...

In hindsight...maybe worst thread title choice ever

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Jets Insider VIP

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

I modified the thread title

Quote Originally Posted by gqxluvx View Post
    Holy **** I did not think Nolan could top tdk but he did! This movie left me speechless tied everything together....as soon as it was over all of us that went wanted to see it again
    bumping this post.

let's talk about all the depressing murder **** in that other thread, and try to keep this thread about the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    bumping this post.

let's talk about all the depressing murder **** in that other thread, and try to keep this thread about the movie.
    Agreed. Checked out the 8:15 early morning showing today, and couldn't believe that anyone would have anything negative to say.

I'm no batman fan...in fact, I'm not a fan of comics or their movies in general, but Chris Nolan and Christian Bale just finished a masterpiece trilogy.

After TDK, I didn't think any movie would top that brilliant combination of degrees of depth in the plot lines, memorable script and dialogue, standout performances by the actors, and phenomenal action sequences.

I was wrong. The Dark Knight Rises topped it.

.. post in other thread. Hope the movie is good.
    Last edited by Soberphobia; 07-20-2012 at 01:34 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    I modified the thread title
    Atta boy! Go get an ice cream out the freezer.