GF!!!

_
    Hmmm....Anything you say, JS.

Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    Could a Stokes wedding be imminent?

LOL!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    Very fair response, so not going to take anything away.

For the sake of discussion though, do you think it wasn't as good as TDK because Heath was missing?

Honestly, I thought the plot, the character development, and the emotional texture of this film surpassed TDK. Also, there were some great performances outside the regulars..I LOVED Caine in this, and I agree with everything you said about Hathaway. Hardy, poor guy, if he weren't following in Heath's iconic footsteps, would be revered for his performance as Bane. He was every bit as dark and unforgiving as one could possibly imagine.

I still believe as a whole, TDK Rises is the best of the three, but, in every frame, Heath's Joker was missing...and it felt hollow without him, which is why I can understand your post; although I don't agree with it.
    Just got back from seeing it and I must say the following, it was a GOOD movie, had alot of fun seeing it and enjoyed it BUT, TDK is FAR superior to this film. I hate what they did to the characters besides catwoman. I can't get into it without spoiling the film but I wish nolan didn't do what he did

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Stuck in a theater with my son watching this garbage. An hour left, hoping the projector stops working.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Stuck in a theater with my son watching this garbage. An hour left, hoping the projector stops working.

SAR I
    Hahahahaha what a dick.

_

Quote Originally Posted by IHATEDOLPHINS View Post
    Stokes saw it last night and I every thing you said above I agree with

I don't think it was as good as TDK but it was outstanding! I hated the casting of Anne Hathaway but she did a great job

I think you have to put Nolan's Batman trilogy up there with the best trilogies of all time
    +1

Dark Knight is still the better movie. Bane was an excellent villain but no way is he as good as Ledger's Joker. Still, overall this was excellent and I loved the ending.

--Plot started out a little clunky. Alot of the early scenes with Wayne as "retired Batman/Howard Hughes" felt like they were originally meant for later on in the movie but as the rewrites went along they were recycled and moved to the first 30 minutes of the movie.

--Anne Hathaway is a piece of ass. I get it she is a great actress but I'd love to give her a beef injection. Her body looked great in that outfit.

--Yes Bane's dialogue is hard to understand and he sounds like Sean Connery but you know what? Who cares? Sometimes in life people mumble and are hard to understand.

--Action scenes were great. I didn't think the "Knightfall" segment of the movie was as brutal as the critics were hyping it up to be.

--The stuff with Leavitt becoming Robin/Nightwing was a little corny. He was an ok character but the passing of the torch thing was a little unnecessary.

--Great ending aside from that. Based off of the ending of Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller where Bruce Wayne fakes his death after defeating Superman.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Hahahahaha what a dick.

_
    SPOILERS---SPOILERS---SPOILERS---SPOILERS---SPOILERS---
    ;
    ;
    ;
    ;
    ;
    ;
    ;
    ;

1. Boring formulaic movie, 10th time I've seen the "I've got a bomb and am going to BLOW UP Manhattan!" story.

2. Formula #2: "Let's have one of the bad guys turn GOOD! Genius idea!"

3. Commissioner Gordon's 30 foot freeway fall in the back of a trailer with an atomic bomb is right up there with Indiana Jones surviving in a flying refrigerator. 60 year old man, no protection but an overcoat, BOOM not a scratch.

4. There's 40 minutes of crap in the middle that they could have cut out in a heartbeat. "Let's put Batman in a cave in the middle of nowhere with a tall tower he has to climb out of! Genius!" And then let's have him tormented by BAD DREAMS! Ugh.

5. Don't these guys figure out that it's always the secondary chick that f-cks them up? And with a pocket knife?

The beginning was interesting and the ending (when it finally got there) had some drama, but the rest of it was a loud and convoluted waste of celluloid.

I'm just grateful it's over.

SAR I

SPOILERS---SPOILERS---SPOILERS---SPOILERS---SPOILERS---
    ;
    ;
    ;
    ;
    ;
    ;
    ;
    ;

1. Boring formulaic movie, 10th time I've seen the "I've got a bomb and am going to BLOW UP Manhattan!" story.

2. Formula #2: "Let's have one of the bad guys turn GOOD! Genius idea!"

3. Commissioner Gordon's 30 foot freeway fall in the back of a trailer with an atomic bomb is right up there with Indiana Jones surviving in a flying refrigerator. 60 year old man, no protection but an overcoat, BOOM not a scratch.

4. There's 40 minutes of crap in the middle that they could have cut out in a heartbeat. "Let's put Batman in a cave in the middle of nowhere with a tall tower he has to climb out of! Genius!" And then let's have him tormented by BAD DREAMS! Ugh.

5. Don't these guys figure out that it's always the secondary chick that f-cks them up? And with a pocket knife?

The beginning was interesting and the ending (when it finally got there) had some drama, but the rest of it was a loud and convoluted waste of celluloid.

I'm just grateful it's over.

SAR I
    Maybe Matt Leinart can play batman in the next movie since the NFL isn't working out for him.

Jets Insider VIP
    What I figured it would be. No one will ever touch ledgers joker.

Good enjoyable otherwise meh.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    +1

--Great ending aside from that. Based off of the ending of Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller where Bruce Wayne fakes his death after defeating Superman.
    Hated the ending. Hated what they did to Bane's character towards the end, making him so small and insignificant.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Maybe Matt Leinart can play batman in the next movie since the NFL isn't working out for him.
    Who cares about Matt Leinart? Please post links to threads showing the college players you liked back in 2007 and 2008. Let's see how right you were.

The Jets started winning playoff games the moment Chad Pennington was rode out of town. That was the point. Whoever was the QB we drafted didn't make a difference so long as his name was "Not Chad Pennington". Leinart was a hot name, he'd won a National Championship, fine by me.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    Hated the ending. Hated what they did to Bane's character towards the end, making him so small and insignificant.
    Yeah, just another pedo in a Darth Vader mask protecting his padawan.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Who cares about Matt Leinart? Please post links to threads showing the college players you liked back in 2007 and 2008. Let's see how right you were.

The Jets started winning playoff games the moment Chad Pennington was rode out of town. That was the point. Whoever was the QB we drafted didn't make a difference so long as his name was "Not Chad Pennington". Leinart was a hot name, he'd won a National Championship, fine by me.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Yeah, just another pedo in a Darth Vader mask protecting his padawan.

SAR I
    Terrible.... everyone saying the Ending was so great. To me it was deflating. bane went from Pimp to Gimp.

Er so is it worth seeing or wait for the DVD?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    Terrible.... everyone saying the Ending was so great. To me it was deflating. bane went from Pimp to Gimp.
    I couldn't understand a word he was saying anyway, was just a grumpy guy grumbling and mumbling through a lawn mower.

Some other things I hated:

"Cue the orphans! Let's get some orphans on the bridge. Star Wars, remember? We're up against George Lucas' Ewoks from his awful series-ender, gotta beat that!"

"Better include a scene where an estate-liquidator tells Future Boy Wonder that the name 'Robin' is really a nice name, gotta assume that 1% of the audience has never heard the 'and Robin' part!"

"Let's make sure no less than 10 people know Batman's secret identity, that'll really confuse the sh-t out of 'em!"

"Let's make sure that there's a magic tablet that can transfer billions of dollars to the bad guys and make sure that all of the engineers making Bruce Wayne's sexy flying technology and atomic particle smashers can't hack his money back to him while instead giving him a magic thumb-drive that can erase Google history!"

"I really like The Shawshank Redemption, don't you? How about we pull the old "look under the black rock" routine, have Alfred wish he'd run into Bruce Wayne in a cafe in Paris when everyone thinks he's disappeared. Pity we can't work in the Rita Hayworth poster, damn. Where is Zihuatanejo? Is it in France?"

"We forgot Raiders of the Lost Ark! How about we play 'Don't Break The Ice' in the Hudson River and 'Ascend The Illusional Desert Silo' to emulate the Ark bridge and Well of Souls scenes in one shot!"

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 07-22-2012 at 12:49 AM.

Thought it was very, very good, but as others have said, not as good as 'The Dark Knight'. The only thing I disliked is what they did with Joseph Gordon Levitt. From the beginning of how he "just knew" and the ending name .. give me a break. Come on.

Jets Insider VIP

All Pro
    I thought it was a good but not great movie. It worked well within the trilogy and wrapped things up nicely but I'd rather watch TDK any day. Not sure if the beginning qualifies as a pacing thing or just a slow build up but it was a bit much. The fighting sequences were cool (Bane basically kicked Batman's ass every time) but I agree that Bane was handled kind of strangely in the end after being a bad ass the entire film. It's definitely worth seeing in the theater and I'm sure will look/sound great on Blu-ray but not sure how many more times I'd revisit it.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    I thought it was a good but not great movie. It worked well within the trilogy and wrapped things up nicely but I'd rather watch TDK any day. Not sure if the beginning qualifies as a pacing thing or just a slow build up but it was a bit much. The fighting sequences were cool (Bane basically kicked Batman's ass every time) but I agree that Bane was handled kind of strangely in the end after being a bad ass the entire film. It's definitely worth seeing in the theater and I'm sure will look/sound great on Blu-ray but not sure how many more times I'd revisit it.
    Pretty much my thoughts exactly.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    SPOILER ALERT!

Just saw the film and I largely agree. My criticisms...

1. Bane started out great but as others have said, they basically neutered him at the end and made him seem so trivial. And Catwoman had to save Batman? No likely. Didn't like the way Bane met his demise either...BAM...see ya? It's like wow, all we had to do was blow him away with a big gun???

2. I felt it dragged a little in the middle but not as noticeably as others have stated. I like longer movies that don't just jump from fight scene to fight scene but they probably could have cut this by 15 minutes.

3. While I expect to suspend reality for a few hours when seeing a movie like this I have to agree with SAR about some of the totally unrealistic parts including Commissioner Gordon's heroics and the "mobile theft" of billions of dollars over a 3G wireless aircard. Also, with some many guns and weapons I found it odd that thousands of cops would charge a group of thousands of thugs for hand to hand combat without more of a shootout. It reminded me of an ancient medieval war. Finally, the opening scene - the airplane situation was cool but borderline comic in how far you had to push the laws of physics, planning and reality.

My likes...

1. The cast was excellent. Bale, Hardy, Hathaway, Caine, Levitt in particular were really good. Hardy will suffer from the Ledger comparisons but as others have said, had it not been for Ledger's out of this world Joker job, Hardy would easily be remembered as the best Batman villain (save for how he met his demise as I stated earlier). Hathaway was hot and kick-ass, the perfect actress for the role....and I loved that they never really even called her Catwoman...it was just implied.

2. The Batwing was badass, as was the bike. Other special effects were great.

3. I absolutely loved the ending. The trilogy was tied up very well and, to me, was satisfying on a number of levels. I had no problem with the Robin reveal and thought it was a nice way to imply that Bruce Wayne was finally passing the torch. I also thought the way the Wayne mansion was going to be put to use was a nice touch.

Ranking the Batman movies...

1A. The Dark Knight
    1B. The Dark Knight Rises
    2. Batman Begins

TDK simply can't be trumped. Amazing story and Ledger's portrayal of the Joker is untouchable. TDKR is probably the best you could reasonably expect from a movie that had to live up the previous sequel. It's hard to go to the well a 3rd time and make a compelling movie...but TDKR was compelling and a nice cap to the trilogy in my opinion.