Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: How do Jet fans see Joe Mcknight replacing L tomlinson

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    His body cannot endure constant hits from large tackles.
    Why do you think that? He's about the same size as Curtis Martin

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Because it fits into his hate agenda towards McKnight.

As does the 15 pounds of lard that he put on from eating McDonalds.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Oh, so I guess all you experts can read minds and tell fact from fiction when the player himself even said the opposite of what you'd like to think?

Sorry, but no one has come forward to say it was a joke, including McKnight.

And even if this IS a joke (and it isn't), but if it was, what does that say about McKnight? An idiot who'll tell falsehoods and never own up to them? Yeah, that really sounds like a guy you would want on your team.
    So earlier in the thread you say its bulls**t that McKnight could put on 15lbs of muscle eating just McDonalds. Then you are arguing with people who are saying that McKnight was only joking and that he did in fact NOT eat just Mcdonalds everyday. The FACT surrounding all this, is that McKnight did in FACT put on 15lbs of muscle. You are asking for proof that it was a tongue in cheek comment. Well the proof is in the fact that he actually did put on 15lbs of muscle. Case solved. Now you can explain to us how you do not think he take the hits from opposing defenses.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Up until now, I wouldn't have agreed with you

but based on the reposts of Mainepat's most recent diatribes against 1)McKnight and 2) Sanchez, I'm seriously beginning to agree with you about the racial/ethnic hate overtones in his fine work
    I don't know this whackjob from a hole in the wall and I don't want to--but everything he has ever said about McKnight and Sanchez smacks of something wrong or demented.

I can understand not liking a player, but some of his criticisms border on the ridiculous, and there has to be a more nefarious reason other than football.

_

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    I don't know this whackjob from a hole in the wall and I don't want to--but everything he has ever said about McKnight and Sanchez smacks of something wrong or demented.

I can understand not liking a player, but some of his criticisms border on the ridiculous, and there has to be a more nefarious reason other than football.

_
    Maybe they are both Jews. Look into it.

All League
    Doesn't the team have trained professionals working with the players when they are on these programs to bulk up? Well I guess the Jets need to fire their people who are putting Quarter Pounders on the menu.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    He's obviously an Irishman. I think MeanJet is English.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Or Scot's.

_

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Let's just be clear. 4th rounders who turn out to be duds are not an embarrassment to the organization. It goes on the GM's overall scorecard certainly but you win some you lose some and you move along.

Gholston was an embarrassment. Ducasse might be headed that way.

I think Joe McKnight's work on specials is probably enough in and of itself to save him from the "dud" designation.

Whether or not he ends up being a dud as a RB remains to be seen.
    100% agreed

This is the season for all the #2s to step the F up, that puts Rex at the top of the list

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Or Scot's.

_
    That would be MacKnight

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Let's just be clear. 4th rounders who turn out to be duds are not an embarrassment to the organization. It goes on the GM's overall scorecard certainly but you win some you lose some and you move along.

Gholston was an embarrassment. Ducasse might be headed that way.

I think Joe McKnight's work on specials is probably enough in and of itself to save him from the "dud" designation.

Whether or not he ends up being a dud as a RB remains to be seen.
    I don't think Ducasse should qualify, unless we hold on to him too long. He may, I just don't think he should. The kid has big upside, and I believe he was worth the risk. I like that they swing for the fences instead of taking the safe picks. If he comes around this year (maybe at left guard), I'd consider it a wash, considering a 2nd rounder should contribute earlier than his 3rd year. If he doesn't and they let him go then it was a swing and a miss, but not an embarrassment. My dream is Ducasse at left gaurd, and Otah at right tackle. Hope does spring eternal right? Then why not have Landry start all 19 games at free safety while we're at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Look at the 2011 season, Buzz. He played a limited ST's role, wasn't even being given regular carries in the running game, and still he managed to get injured how many times? Without looking I want to say at least twice, two different injuries.

And as you well know, size has nothing to do with durability with some players. By all accounts, Chad Pennington kept himself in great shape and yet his body just couldn't take a hit. He was an injury waiting to happen. Now, I'm not going to say it's the same with McKnight - but it does appear to be headed in that direction.

I regards to everyone wanting to give McKnight all the love...

The fact is he's contributed nothing more than Justin Miller ever did to the team. Now, where is Justin Miller?

The Jets need a RB and I do not believe McKnight will ever fit that mold, It's just like all the people that would argue endlessly that Leon Washington could be an everyday RB. It's nonsense to even suggest.

All told I do not believe he'll ever be anything better than a decent kick returner.

YES, I do dislike the guy and for the most obvious reasons. A young kid given the opportunity of a lifetime does everything to put it in peril. Showing up out of shape to fumbling constantly, to not contributing like the Jets had hoped, to failing conditioning tests. What more does anyone need to see?

And the accusations of prejudice are completely over the top. I want what is best for the Jets and for them to win a SB before I die. I just don't believe adding a guy to the team that didn't care enough about being drafted by an NFL team to actually work out and get in shape is a good thing.

Now, that he's on the team? I'm all for seeing this thing through. The Jets made an investment in him and we need to give him every opportunity to succeed. I simply do not believe he ever will.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    He's obviously an Irishman. I think MeanJet is English.
    I'm 100% Irish and proud of it. No, I am not angry. Just not afraid to call out players that others give unconditional love. That approach smacks of homerism.

Third RB on the team isn't meant to get a lot of carries... And limited ST action?

He started in the pro bowl... In his 2nd season...

You're a hater. Just admit you hate the kid and move on... Not that hard. I hate Tebow. I don't talk about him a lot. It ain't that difficult...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    He started in the pro bowl... In his 2nd season...
    When did McKnight make the pro-bowl?

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    He ended up the alternate to Antonio Brown... I just remembered reading he was in the lead for voting in the days leading up to it and certainly shouldn't have given a huge edge of votes to Brown but so be it...

Alternate pro-bowler in his 2nd year, after a pretty solid showing in his only full time role of the season...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Duh...in his second season. Hope that clears up any confusion.