Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Walking Dirty

  1. #1
    Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,939
    Post Thanks / Like

    Walking Dirty

    I thought this news item bears discussion because the protagonist is a moron of the highest order, and he has access to assault weapons. Video shows this guy wielding a rifle like he's in a movie; the anti-hero.

    My 2 cents about gun control? Maybe they should test for narcissistic behavior.

    http://enews.earthlink.net/article/t...a-523b9e4c236d

    TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) Police say a gunman who fired into a crowded bar was targeting someone, and authorities are looking into whether the rampage was connected to an earlier shooting.

    Tuscaloosa Police Chief Steve Anderson said at least 11 people were hit by gunfire at the bar near the University of Alabama campus.

    One person was also wounded in the earlier shooting at a home a couple of miles away. That shooting occurred about 45 minutes before the 12:30 p.m. shooting at the Copper Top bar.

    Police are looking for the gunman. They say he used a military-style assault weapon to unload two bursts of gunfire on the crowd at the bar.

    They have a description of the gunman. Surveillance video shows him calmly walking up to the bar, carrying a gun.

  2. #2
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,611
    Post Thanks / Like
    You must be brilliantly psykic, cause you got ALOT more out of the picture you posted than I did.

    Almost sounds like you think he's this guy:



    As for "Gun Control", I fail to see how a Law barring him from legally buying would stop someone who is willing to commit 17 counts of attempted murder or murder. Seems the gun posession crime is a very small part fo his crimes.

    But I suppose I can meet you halfway, if we ALSO regulate the equal right of voting by all the same measures you want to put in place limiting gun ownership rights. I think thats fair, two rights, the same regulation and restrictions.

  3. #3
    Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,939
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't put words in my mouth; you can tell the guy thinks he's a badass. He may be motivated to hurt somebody, but he is definitely there for his "shining moment"; he's been caressing that gun for years now.

    And I can tell.

  4. #4
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,611
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Don't put words in my mouth; you can tell the guy thinks he's a badass.
    Who the **** is putting words in your mouth?

    You said:

    this guy wielding a rifle like he's in a movie; the anti-hero
    you can tell the guy thinks he's a badass
    he is definitely there for his "shining moment";
    he's been caressing that gun for years now.
    And I can tell.
    Your words.

    And if you know all that, you know far more about his guy than I do, the cops do or anyone else does right now, and I think you'd have to be possessed of superior mental powers to have reached such intimate knowledge of someone you neither know nor have met from a still from a video.

    /facepalm, this is just an excuse for more gun control wargarbl, policy promotion on the back of murder and tragedy. My bad for taking it or you seriously. Wargarbl on.

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    4,880
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like caressing the gun is all he has has done, 17 wounded, thank the gods he didn't take time to practice with it.

  6. #6
    Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,939
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Who the **** is putting words in your mouth?

    You said:











    Your words.

    And if you know all that, you know far more about his guy than I do, the cops do or anyone else does right now, and I think you'd have to be possessed of superior mental powers to have reached such intimate knowledge of someone you neither know nor have met from a still from a video.

    /facepalm, this is just an excuse for more gun control wargarbl, policy promotion on the back of murder and tragedy. My bad for taking it or you seriously. Wargarbl on.
    I'm offended to receive such treatment; I have no policy ax to grind. You might find the real world full of obfuscation, however I can see clearly (corroborated by Gunnails) that this doofus has abdicated reality for a movie in his own mind, where he gets what he wants: to be the anti-hero badass. He doesn't even understand how to use a ****ing gun, nor stalk "prey". Like Zimmerman, he's gonna "fix things".


    "words in my mouth" regards that picture: I thought it was Matrix; it's the Punisher. Yes I do think he's got "getting even" on his mind.
    Last edited by WestCoastOffensive; 07-17-2012 at 01:33 PM.

  7. #7
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,611
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    I'm offended to receive such treatment;
    While it pains me to offend you WCO, the claims you've made speak for themselves in terms of projectionism without hard facts in evidence (as yet, he certainly could be all you claim and then some).

    I have no policy ax to grind.
    Everyone in here has policy axes to grind.

    If you didn't, and we didn't, we'd all be posting in the Hampur instead.

    You might find the real world full of obfuscation, however I can see clearly (corroborated by Gunnails) that this doofus has abdicated reality for a movie in his own mind, where he gets what he wants: to be the anti-hero badass. He doesn't even understand how to use a ****ing gun, nor stalk "prey". Like Zimmerman, he's gonna "fix things".
    Yup, no axes to grind on presuppositional bias here.

    All I can do is repeat myself, you clearly seem to have super-human understanding of a situation of which you are not in, a person which you do not know, and details which you do not possess, all gleaned from a single image of video capture. Yet despite that, you know the man inside and out, and have a fix (but nota policy axe to grind) for saving society from future "Punisher/Zimmerman" types roaming our streets hunting down our citizens in their "Anti-Hero Min Movies".

    Simply put, you're a better man than I to know all this at this early stage. I only know what the news has said. unno:

    I bow to the superior mind.

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,155
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Don't put words in my mouth; you can tell the guy thinks he's a badass. He may be motivated to hurt somebody, but he is definitely there for his "shining moment"; he's been caressing that gun for years now.

    And I can tell.
    lol - cuz you're a JI mod, correct? "Fastest Ban in the West!"

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    4,880
    Post Thanks / Like
    Speaking in general terms (because I am not up to speed on this story and probably never will be) I think the gunman is insane, because I think the act of a premeditated firing a rifle into a crowded bar is an insane act in of it's self.

    If you are insane, it is unlawful to buy or posses a fire arm by federal law, so no need for further gun regulation is needed. The shooter had committed a federal felony before he fired his first shot, cause he is crazy insane.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    468
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    Speaking in general terms (because I am not up to speed on this story and probably never will be) I think the gunman is insane, because I think the act of a premeditated firing a rifle into a crowded bar is an insane act in of it's self.

    If you are insane, it is unlawful to buy or posses a fire arm by federal law, so no need for further gun regulation is needed. The shooter had committed a federal felony before he fired his first shot, cause he is crazy insane.
    LOL... this made me think of Catch-22. Great book...

    "There was only one catch and that was Catch-22, which specified that a concern for one's own safety in the face of dangers that were real and immediate was the process of a rational mind. Orr was crazy and could be grounded. All he had to do was ask; and as soon as he did, he would no longer be crazy and would have to fly more missions. Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn't, but if he was sane, he had to fly them. If he flew them, he was crazy and didn't have to; but if he didn't want to, he was sane and had to. Yossarian was moved very deeply by the absolute simplicity of this clause of Catch-22 and let out a respectful whistle."

  11. #11
    Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,939
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    While it pains me to offend you WCO, the claims you've made speak for themselves in terms of projectionism without hard facts in evidence (as yet, he certainly could be all you claim and then some).



    Everyone in here has policy axes to grind.

    If you didn't, and we didn't, we'd all be posting in the Hampur instead.



    Yup, no axes to grind on presuppositional bias here.

    All I can do is repeat myself, you clearly seem to have super-human understanding of a situation of which you are not in, a person which you do not know, and details which you do not possess, all gleaned from a single image of video capture. Yet despite that, you know the man inside and out, and have a fix (but nota policy axe to grind) for saving society from future "Punisher/Zimmerman" types roaming our streets hunting down our citizens in their "Anti-Hero Min Movies".

    Simply put, you're a better man than I to know all this at this early stage. I only know what the news has said. unno:

    I bow to the superior mind.
    Without question.

    Alfred Adler said "Watch only movement". It's a very intriguing litmus test he codified. Someone with your skill set would find it right up their alley.

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    4,880
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only normal people are the one's you don't know very well.
    Al Adler.



  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    4,880
    Post Thanks / Like

  14. #14
    Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,939
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see a capital "G" in your future.

  15. #15
    Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,939
    Post Thanks / Like
    For the record I am on board for concealed permits.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7,949
    Post Thanks / Like
    before the 12:30 p.m. shooting
    Why were there so many people at a bar around noon when there's no football on
































  17. #17
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    932
    Post Thanks / Like
    The guy is actually 1/8 American Indian, 1/16 African American, and 1/8 Peruvian. But let's just call him White.

  18. #18
    Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,939
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    The guy is actually 1/8 American Indian, 1/16 African American, and 1/8 Peruvian. But let's just call him White.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us