Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jets touched base with Cedric Benson

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is that Sutter Home, phegs on offense.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    While I like Benson, I'd pass. Greene and Ganaway are similar players, and are younger.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    No thanks.

That reminds me, what was the name of that RB the Jets drafted a few years ago, and he was then in a car accident, and he then retired from football? Also named Cedric I believe.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    No thanks.

That reminds me, what was the name of that RB the Jets drafted a few years ago, and he was then in a car accident, and he then retired from football? Also named Cedric I believe.
    Cedric Houston

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    No thanks.

Ced Houston.

Should we merge the Benson threads?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    hell no

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No. "Only 29" is getting up there in RB years. No more AARP one or two year stop gaps. Let the young guns play and see what you really are. It's a risk, but a risk you need to take, especially when Benson is a JAG. We have a quicker Benson, his name is Shonn Greene. Let Terrance Ganaway and Joe McKnight play and Bilal Powell hold the towels.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Ced Houston.

Aye. Take her to sea, Mr. O

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aye that, Captain.

lol Mr. O

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez played remarkable during his first ever postseason game. Fans look at his 182 yards as if he "struggled". The kid went 12/15, 182 yards, a completion percentage of 80.0%, 1 TD/0 INT's with a QB Rating of 139.4. It doesn't get any more efficient than that.

Also, keep in mind, that Sanchez threw a perfectly played ball to Braylon Edwards, who once again, dropped a wide open TD pass. It doesn't get any more perfect in regards to the ball that Sanchez threw to Braylon, for a dropped TD. If Braylon holds on to that 41 yard TD strike? Sanchez numbers would have been 13/15, 223 yards, a completion percentage of 83+%, 2 TD's/0 INT's with a QB Rating over 145.

Kid performs under postseason pressure.

Sorry for going off topic, that youtube video just goes to show how much success he's had as a young QB (became the 4th rookie to ever win his first postseason start), and also goes to show that Braylon (due to a case of 'the drops') can not be trusted moving forward. In regards to Benson? As already mentioned, we already have a more explosive/younger/quicker Benson in Shonn Greene. No thanks.
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 07-18-2012 at 12:15 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    Sanchez played remarkable during his first ever postseason game. Fans look at his 182 yards as if he "struggled". The kid went 12/15, 182 yards, a completion percentage of 80.0%, 1 TD/0 INT's with a QB Rating of 139.4. It doesn't get any more efficient than that.

Also, keep in mind, that Sanchez threw a perfectly played ball to Braylon Edwards, who once again, dropped a wide open TD pass. It doesn't get any more perfect in regards to the ball that Sanchez threw to Baylon, for a dropped TD. If Braylon holds on to that 41 yard TD strike? Sanchez numbers would have been 13/15, 223 yards, a completion percentage of 83+%, 2 TD's/0 INT's with a QB Rating over 145.

What exactly does this have to do with Cedric Benson?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post

Also, keep in mind, that Sanchez threw a perfectly played ball to Braylon Edwards, who once again, dropped a wide open TD pass. It doesn't get any more perfect in regards to the ball that Sanchez threw to Braylon, for a dropped TD. If Braylon holds on to that 41 yard TD strike? Sanchez numbers would have been 13/15, 223 yards, a completion percentage of 83+%, 2 TD's/0 INT's with a QB Rating over 145.

Sorry for going off topic, that youtube video just goes to show how much success he's had as a young QB (became the 4th rookie to ever win his first postseason start), and also goes to show that Braylon (due to a case of 'the drops') can not be trusted moving forward. In regards to Benson? As already mentioned, we already have a more explosive/younger/quicker Benson in Shonn Greene. No thanks.
    You in the right thread? lol

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes he's awful enough to interest tanny, who did not wait to "touch base". He's not some pencil mark you can erase; he's a real person with real feelings behind a real face mask.
    Have you taken over ffduece's witty re par tay?????

obtw luv the new pic but Chance really needs to be in there as well

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    Have you taken over ffduece's witty re par tay?????

obtw luv the new pic but Chance really needs to be in there as well
    westCROoffensive gives back! (in association with DirtFist, LLC)

Tell us which avatar you want; be a winnar!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    westCROoffensive gives back! (in association with DirtFist, LLC)

Tell us which avatar you want; be a winnar!

either or....both are lolsters!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's see, Benson has been arrested a few times for some stupid things and underachieved his first 5 or so seasons. And now wants a job but will not accept a veterans minimum salary. Good karma normally doesn't come to a guy who never "gets it." no thanks

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    Let's see, Benson has been arrested a few times for some stupid things and underachieved his first 5 or so seasons. And now wants a job but will not accept a veterans minimum salary. Good karma normally doesn't come to a guy who never "gets it." no thanks
    I strongly agree with you! We have some young guys. Why shouldn't we allow them to play? I think McKnight will be excellent this year and I am excited about Ganaway! Powell was no slouch at UL.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ced Houston.

Houston ended up having a pretty good career with the Knicks as it turned out.