Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LORD

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    I was going to post this yesterday and you came to mind, but I didn't.

R.I.P.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy;4517220[B
    ]Opening day: I walk out to the 50 yard line in full Tebow regalia. After a beat, I detonate the 10 lbs. of C-4 I have strapped to my body. After a minute or two, a plane passes over MetLife Stadium and drops pamphlets reading:

"F**k Woody, Tanny, Rex, Tebow, and all the s**theads who orchestrated this colossal cluster f**k. Eternally in hate, Borgoguy."
    [/B]
    THAT is THEEE Swan Song!

Oh hells bells son!

southside poppin a boner!

Jets Insider VIP
    Welcome back borgo.

Bewildered Beast
    I worked out "Space Trucking" the other day; thought about your angry, yet sophisticated persona.

Hall Of Fame
    I knew it was Tebow.

All Pro
    WOW....

I did not see this anywhere.

Truly sad. Trouble is, this is going to be a trend my fellow rock friends. All these band members are not getting younger, and it is going to be happening more and more frequently.

Jets Insider VIP
    Okay, I'll say it.....

He's no Gary Moore.

But then again...who is?

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    I worked out "Space Trucking" the other day; thought about your angry, yet sophisticated persona.
    Along with "Highway Star", maybe the most perfect rock song from that era. Every member of Purple was at the top of their game on that song and the entire Machine Head record. Part 70s crunch married with 50s-era rock & roll.

That's Lord on the opening riff, not Blackmore. Other than natural musical talent, Lord's genius was developing that massive organ tone which every other rock keyboardist attempted to emulate.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I knew it was Tebow.
    I could not have been clearer.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    WOW....

I did not see this anywhere.

Truly sad. Trouble is, this is going to be a trend my fellow rock friends. All these band members are not getting younger, and it is going to be happening more and more frequently.
    This one stings (still remember buying Machine Head at Korvettes for $3). But, for me, the passing of icons like Townshend, Page, and Plant will be devastating. I'm still not over Bolan's death in that car crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Along with "Highway Star", maybe the most perfect rock song from that era. Every member of Purple was at the top of their game on that song and the entire Machine Head record. Part 70s crunch married with 50s-era rock & roll.

That's Lord on the opening riff, not Blackmore. Other than natural musical talent, Lord's genius was developing that massive organ tone which every other rock keyboardist attempted to emulate.

I could not have been clearer.

This one stings (still remember buying Machine Head at Korvettes for $3). But, for me, the passing of icons like Townshend, Page, and Plant will be devastating. I'm still not over Bolan's death in that car crash.
    EJ Korvettes...what memories. I bought a Beatles 8 track at Korvettes.

Check vid at approx. 2:57 to hear Lord explain how he created his monstrous organ tone by plugging his Hammond directly into a Marshall, rather than the Leslie. He made it possible for a legion of players from Hensley to Wright to Emerson to countless others to forge ahead into new sonic territory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mW9b...eature=related

Check vid at approx. 2:57 to hear Lord explain how he created his monstrous organ tone by plugging his Hammond directly into a Marshall, rather than the Leslie. He made it possible for a legion of players from Hensley to Wright to Emerson to countless others to forge ahead into new sonic territory.

I hear Space Truckin when he plays that riff.

come on....come on...come on, Space Truckin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardukis View Post
    EJ Korvettes...what memories. I bought a Beatles 8 track at Korvettes.
    Other than J&R (especially for jazz records), Korvettes had the best record department during that era. Everything you could imagine, including lots of British imports. All for $3-5.

When I was nine, my Mom took my brother and I on two buses to Korvettes to buy me my first acoustic guitar (on sale, of course). I don't recall the brand, but it was a disaster to play. Horrible intonation, and the action had to be two inches off the frets. lol.

Other than J&R (especially for jazz records), Korvettes had the best record department during that era. Everything you could imagine, including lots of British imports. All for $3-5.

When I was nine, my Mom took my brother and I on two buses to Korvettes to buy me my first acoustic guitar (on sale, of course). I don't recall the brand, but it was a disaster to play. Horrible intonation, and the action had to be two inches off the frets. lol.
    And you played the hell out of it didn't you . Welcome back. Who does not remember Korvettes. Chevy's, the old 50's club on Sunrise highway used to be one. I went to that as Korvettes when I was a kid and Chevy's when I was an older kid. I liked it better the second time.

Quote Originally Posted by TKasper01 View Post
    And you played the hell out of it didn't you . Welcome back. Who does not remember Korvettes.
    That guitar caused me to quit taking lessons after about six months. I picked up the bass guitar a few years later (Fender Musicmaster bass. Can't believe I found an image like mine in blue.)

I didn't start noodling around on the guitar again until college on my old girlfriend's early 60s-era Martin. Wish I still had that thing...the axe, not that moronic POS.

Hall Of Fame
    Good to have you back, dude.

_

Bewildered Beast

SIGN THIS BEAST.

Check to 4:50 he talks about "comping" solos (cherry picking solo fragments from several back to back takes).

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Good to have you back, dude.

_
    Who's back?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    I was going to post this yesterday and you came to mind, but I didn't.

R.I.P.
    Wait...you dind come... to your own mind?

wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    Okay, I'll say it.....

He's no Gary Moore.

-

Jets Insider VIP
    Was jamming to DP all day today

I was thinking about making a thread...but figured that the resident metal head shud leave the RIP 70's Keyboardists threads to the rest of y'all.

Sweet Lucy wasn't a thread starter...

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...