Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: LORD

Jets Insider VIP
    Very sorry for your loss Borgo.

I never personally knew anyone who had been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer before last November. Then a good friend of my brother's got it. I have known him since he joined my fantasy football league 8 years ago. He was about the nicest guy you could ever meet. 46 years old, wife and a 15 year old daughter and my brother said in the 20 years they worked together, he didn't think he had ever taken a sick day. He passed away about 2 months ago.

Scary and horrible disease.

Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    Very sorry for your loss Borgo.

I never personally knew anyone who had been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer before last November. Then a good friend of my brother's got it. I have known him since he joined my fantasy football league 8 years ago. He was about the nicest guy you could ever meet. 46 years old, wife and a 15 year old daughter and my brother said in the 20 years they worked together, he didn't think he had ever taken a sick day. He passed away about 2 months ago.

Scary and horrible disease.
    Thanks, cross. Condolences for the loss of your pal, as well. What a terrible scenario for him and his family.

The scariest part of the disease is that once it's diagnosed, it has almost always spread to the liver and lymph nodes, which is, usually, a quick death sentence. I still can't wrap my mind around how fast everything went for my Mom after the diagnosis. Now, I have my Dad to worry about without his mate for the last 60+years. F**k.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Thanks, cross. Condolences for the loss of your pal, as well. What a terrible scenario for him and his family.

The scariest part of the disease is that once it's diagnosed, it has almost always spread to the liver and lymph nodes, which is, usually, a quick death sentence. I still can't wrap my mind around how fast everything went for my Mom after the diagnosis. Now, I have my Dad to worry about without his mate for the last 60+years. F**k.
    sorry Borgo, I 'm sure that was very tough.

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    sorry Borgo, I 'm sure that was very tough.
    Thanks, JW. Even after a few months, I'm still not back to being myself. I know it's great to have family around the sick family member, but watching a parent die, literally, right in front of you, changes a person forever.

very sorry, Borgo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    very sorry, Borgo.
    Thanks, Dirt.

Don't worry, maybe posting some Rihanna shots will cheer me up.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardukis View Post
    A guy I worked for told me Korvettes was started by 8 Jewish korean war vets. Thus they coined the name "EJ Korvettes". He was a stand up guy, not sure this is true but could be.
    Not true, a false urban legend. Grew up 10 minutes from a Korvettes, as a kid probably went there on a weekly basis with the family.

"According to Korvette's founder, Eugene Ferkauf, who died on June 5th, 2012, the name "E.J. Korvette" was coined as a combination of the initials of its founders (Eugene and Joe) and a re-spelling of the naval term corvette, a nimble sailing warship and later World War II sub-destroyer. Ferkauf's claim and the name pre-dating the Korean War by three years contradict an urban legend it was an acronym for "Eight (or Eleven) Jewish Korean War Veterans".[6]"

Also snopes

http://www.snopes.com/business/names/ejkorvette.asp

_

Hall Of Fame
    Sorry to hear that Borgo.

Cancer sucks.

Royally.

_

Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Sorry to hear that Borgo.

Cancer sucks.

Royally.

_
    Thanks, JS. Pancreatic is a horror show. No real test or effective therapies (very little money put toward research, as well). Mostly, palliative care and "the box".

Hall Of Fame
    Thanks, JS. Pancreatic is a horror show. No real test or effective therapies (very little money put toward research, as well). Mostly, palliative care and "the box".
    Ya, breast cancer at least you can fight, sometimes for years.

Pancreatic is just so fast, it's astonishing.

_

Bewildered Beast
    So sorry, Borgo. Condolences.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    So sorry, Borgo. Condolences.
    Thanks, WCO. Your Russian River Thread had me wistful for my years on the Left Coast. I did that canoe/inner tube trip down the Russian River many times. What a great way to spend the day, especially if you got to hit the wineries afterwards.

Thanks, WCO. Your Russian River Thread had me wistful for my years on the Left Coast. I did that canoe/inner tube trip down the Russian River many times. What a great way to spend the day, especially if you got to hit the wineries afterwards.
    ...last week i had a few beers and cruised down the lazy river at Splish Splash with my kids...

Quote Originally Posted by 2foolish197 View Post
    ...last week i had a few beers and cruised down the lazy river at Splish Splash with my kids...
    LOL. Sounds like a damn great day to me.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm still mired in both anger and sadness. The Tebow signing idiocy was the last straw in a string of personal tribulations. Seeing a parent take their last, labored, breath is more impacting than can ever be even remotely described. Lord's death from pancreatic cancer mirrored my Mom's fate and prompted this thread. It is still unbelievably difficult to block out of my mind.

I went through the exact same scenario with my mom...I truly feel your pain...

obtw - Steely Dan still rules, dickweed!

Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    I went through the exact same scenario with my mom...I truly feel your pain...

obtw - Steely Dan still rules, dickweed!
    LOL. Via an old Ouija Board, I just asked my departed Mom about how Steely Dan is regarded in the afterlife. In a nutshell, she intimated that God refers to Fagen and Becker as "the two talentless putzes". She went on to say that The Creator considers their successful musical careers a greater disappointment in humanity than when the Israelites first rejected Moses' presentation of the Ten Commandments.

I am so sorry that you had to endure that nightmare, too. Deepest sympathies.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    You might want to take another stab at expressing this sentiment.

Or not.
    They both love Asian fellows, what's the big deal. Man, racism and homophobia are all OVER this board.

Very sorry to hear about your loss Borgo.

I am going to have to respectfully call you a doosh for hating on Steely Dan though. Respectfully.

LOL. Sounds like a damn great day to me.
    ...i lied...i didn't have any beers...i had a Adam and Eve juice box...

Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Very sorry to hear about your loss Borgo.

I am going to have to respectfully call you a doosh for hating on Steely Dan though. Respectfully.
    Thanks, southside. Hey, PB brought up Steely Dan, not me. (No offense taken.)

Quote Originally Posted by 2foolish197 View Post
    ...i lied...i didn't have any beers...i had a Adam and Eve juice box...
    What, no flask?