Thread: JETS EAST...........

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

JETS EAST...........

Mark Sanchez, Jets teammates training together in New Jersey

Published: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 1:04 PM Updated: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 1:05 PM

View full sizeMark Sanchez and Jets teammates Josh Baker, Jeremy Kerley and Jeff Cumberland do core work together today.
    After Mark Sanchez hosted his annual "Jets West" camp in his native Southern California last week, the Jets quarterback and a handful of his teammates are working out together in New Jersey before reporting for training camp next week.

Sanchez and company are training at TEST Football Academy in Martinsville. The group includes receiver Jeremy Kerley, running back Joe McKnight, tight ends Josh Baker and Jeff Cumberland, offensive lineman Vladimir Ducasse and linebacker Bart Scott. Sanchez's long-time trainer, Todd Norman, also joined the group in New Jersey, per his Twitter account.

Today's workout included 90 minutes of strength and conditioning and core work, followed by a 90-minute on-field session in which Sanchez and his targets did passing drills and route tree work.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

One. Step. Faster. Attitude reflects leadership and Sparano brought the attitude, now all the players have to do is exude leadership on the field against their opponents. Looks like they are off to an excellent start. They can do it, all they have to do is believe. (-;

Banned
    This kid Sanchez is a winner. Everything about this kid, he's just a hard working quarterback, who's developing into one of our franchises leaders. It's also nice to see Cumbrland working out, while getting ready for the season at the same time, because Cumberland was one of the most impressive offensive players for not only the Jets, but the entire NFL during last preseason. It'll be great for the overall development of Sanchez to have two pass catching TE's in Keller and Cumberland. I just love what Sanchez stands for. He's leading by example, putting in the extra time regardless of it's in Cali or Jersey etc, etc... This kid want's to become great.

I LOVE this. Fantastic.

Cue all the media 'tards who will gush over the fact that Tim Tebow's name was not mentioned here. They will then declare the locker room split and ridicule Tanny for bringing in bad apples.

I hate that I know that I'm right about the eventual Cimini reaction here.

But kudos to these Jets who know that the time to bond and prepare is BEFORE camp starts. Love that Ducasse and Cumberland are there. Hope Cumberland shows what he's capable of doing in the coming month.

Jets Insider VIP
    I heards tebow did 95 minutes of strength and core traing and 95 minutes of on the field work today. That tebow always goes the extra mile.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJoe View Post
    I LOVE this. Fantastic.

Cue all the media 'tards who will gush over the fact that Tim Tebow's name was not mentioned here. They will then declare the locker room split and ridicule Tanny for bringing in bad apples.

But kudos to these Jets who know that the time to bond and prepare is BEFORE camp starts. Love that Ducasse and Cumberland are there. Hope Cumberland shows what he's capable of doing in the coming month.
    When Tebow takes over mid way through the season you'll be singing a different tune then.
    Last edited by TechJet; 07-17-2012 at 08:01 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJoe View Post
    I LOVE this. Fantastic.

I stopped reading anything by Cimini the day he swore in writing that he would stop covering the Jets if they ever moved to NJ. What a low rent shill.

Jets Insider VIP
    let me take a wild stab

SOJF Joe W is unhappy with this news

This message is hidden because Joe W. Namath is on your ignore list.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

i saw Tebow in Hoboken today. He was eating a sloppy joe and reading the bible.

Ducasse but not Hunter? Doesn't seem fair to be selective for 'tard camp.

Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    This kid Sanchez is a winner. Everything about this kid, he's just a hard working quarterback, who's developing into one of our franchises leaders. It's also nice to see Cumbrland working out, while getting ready for the season at the same time, because Cumberland was one of the most impressive offensive players for not only the Jets, but the entire NFL during last preseason. It'll be great for the overall development of Sanchez to have two pass catching TE's in Keller and Cumberland. I just love what Sanchez stands for. He's leading by example, putting in the extra time regardless of it's in Cali or Jersey etc, etc... This kid want's to become great.
    Good reason to be optimistic about this season. If Cumberland and Keller are both healthy this season Jets could have a hydra offense with Holmes, Hill etc Sanchez & Sparano have a quiver full of arrows

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    thank you for your optimism, it is sorely needed around here

Veteran
    sorry for being a "homer"

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    i saw Tebow in Hoboken today. He was eating a sloppy joe and reading the bible.
    Hoboken is a den of iniquity...believe me. I know

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I heards tebow did 95 minutes of strength and core traing and 95 minutes of on the field work today. That tebow always goes the extra mile.
    It's a good thing. He needs to bulk up if he's going to play Right tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    It's a good thing. He needs to bulk up if he's going to play Right tackle.
    RT and RB at the same time, as we saw in Denver as Cromartie decided to hug that WR (despite what the commentator says) so he didn't have to tackle him.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Good reason to be optimistic about this season. If Cumberland and Keller are both healthy this season Jets could have a hydra offense with Holmes, Hill etc Sanchez & Sparano have a quiver full of arrows
    Without question. At the age of only 25, this kid still has time to not only recover from injury, but emerge onto the scene as a pass catching TE. Kid ran a 4.45 coming out of college. For a 6' 4", 260 lbs Tight End? That's extremely fast.

During last years preseason, Cumberland showed his overall worth/value. He's a threat out there. His 11 receptions were good enough to rank 7th. Hernandez ranked 1st with 16. Cumberland's 156 receiving yards were good enough to rank 12th. Antonio Brown led the league with 230 receiving yards. Now, amongst other TE's? His receptions and receiving yards were good enough to rank 2nd in both categories. Preseason or not, the kid performed against players fighting for their NFL lives.

With a potential Cumberland return during this up coming regular season? We'll have the ability to not only feature two pass catching TE's in Keller and Cumberland, but an overall versatile offense surrounding Sanchez moving forward.

#1 QB: Mark Sanchez.

#1 RB: Shonn Greene.
    #2 RB: Joe McKnight.

#1 WR: Santonio Holmes.
    #2 WR: Stephen Hill.
    Slot WR: Jeremy Kerley.

#1 TE: Dustin Keller.
    #2 TE: Jeff Cumberland.

Wildcat Feature: Tim Tebow.

Chaz Schilens and Patrick Turner may end up proving solid depth.

Time will tell, but Sanchez has an offense full of weapons at his disposal. The progression/development of Cumberland could become key in regards to running a two TE set.

All League
    Here is my story regarding Jets East:

I work in the Martinsville area on occasion (I work some some doctors out that way) and it just so happens yesterday I am in Warren, about a 4-5 minute drive from TEST Club. I had passed TEST 100 times on the way to a doctor in Martinsville and for some reason, I had a picture of where it was in my mind.

Well I am sitting in my car and across Twitter from Vrentas etc. comes "Sanchez and Co. working out at TEST club blah blah blah"...I click on the link and surely enough, they are at the TEST in Martinsville. I am sitting in my car so I decide to take spin over there...

I pull into the parking lot to see if I could catch a glimpse and surely enough...out walks Bart Scott into his white Range Rover with Maryland plates...and I wait a little while longer...out walks Jeremy Kerley to his not so nice looking BMW 6 series (needed a wash, no rims etc.)...Kerley kept looking around, thinking he wanted someone to recognize him, had that "I wanna be noticed" kind of look...but I just kinda hung out in my car on my cell phone and tried to wait to see if Sanchez was going to come out...no sign of him anywhere...

Pretty crazy that they work out right there. Ton of middle aged people walking in and out of the club, it must also have a basic gym attached...

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... good stuff! ... keep it up mark! ...

l_j_r

Quote Originally Posted by TechJet View Post
    When Tebow takes over mid way through the season you'll be singing a different tune then.
    Not fully understanding this reaction.

1) Whether Tebow or Sanchez is the eventual QB, they're both Jets and therefore I'll root for both.

2) My post didn't take a liking to either one.

3) Are you saying I'll be "singing a different tune" if we all find out that Cimini and the other doom and gloom columnists were right about a split locker room?

I'm just saying that I fully expect media reaction about this to be centered around Tebow and his not being included. I personally don't care for their divisive stories; they're not news and they're needlessly picky. These stupid stories by idiot beat writers are the only reason why the national media claims that Tebow is a distraction.