Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL NETWORK - HARDKNOCKS

All Pro

NFL NETWORK - HARDKNOCKS

Damn i wish season would start already! That 2010 team was good !!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by djaparz View Post
    Damn i wish season would start already! That 2010 team was good !!
    i miss Chauncey Washington.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    i miss Chauncey Washington.
    Word.

Jets Insider VIP
    I miss Big Jenks

Jets Insider VIP
    Braylon

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    I miss Big Jenks
    + 1

I can do without his work with the media though.

I'm surprised how quickly athletes jump over the fence after they move on...

Banned
    I've missed Tony Richardson more than any player who contributed during the 2009 and 2010 seasons.

One of the greatest lead blocking FB's of all-time, and truthfully? I believe our run game struggled a lot due to the departure of Tony Richardson; a 1st year starter in John Conner struggled to fill that void. Richardson led the way for backs such as Marcus Allen, Priest Holmes, Larry Johnson (breakout season), Adrian Peterson and Thomas Jones. During the 2nd season of Tony Richardson at FB, we set an all-time franchise record for most rushing yards during a single season. The season following his departure? 22nd in rushing yards and 30th overall in average yards per rush attempt. I expressed my concerns in regards to losing Richardson heading into last season, and truthfully believe that our run game fell apart without a HOF lead blocking FB leading the way. John Conner has big shoes to fill, and honestly? I'm not sure if his football I.Q is high enough to become an All-Pro lead blocking FB.

Jets Insider VIP
    I bet that Tony Richardson was a first year starter once a long time ago and grew and learned from that experience so that in his 24th year or so at age 40+ he was much better in the blocking and football IQ department....

how long do you think the Jets should have stayed with him DWC? Until he received his Medicare card?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I bet that Tony Richardson was a first year starter once a long time ago and grew and learned from that experience so that in his 24th year or so at age 40+ he was much better in the blocking and football IQ department....

how long do you think the Jets should have stayed with him DWC? Until he received his Medicare card?
    I'm not blaming the Jets front office for John Conner. Tony Richardson retired and we were forced to go with a 2nd year player, 1st year starter. Growing pains were bound to happen in regards to our developing FB, that's not the point I'm trying to make though sg3... The point is, I just believe that the departure of Richardson left a void at the FB position last year, and in return, hurt our rushing attack as a whole.

With all that said, I'm looking forward to Conner as a 3rd year player/2nd year starter. He has all the physical tools to become a great run blocking FB, it's just his run blocking IQ in which I've questioned. Once he learns the position, hopefully he'll develop into something special moving forward. The coaching staff seems to believe in this kid, which is good enough for me. He's a physical freak, that's for sure. Both Conner and Hunter heading into their 2nd seasons as starters, with Brandon Moore no longer recovering from offseason shoulder surgery ala last season with a healthy Mangold? I like our chances of featuring a deadly rushing attack this season. John Conner's progression/development is huge though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juf3K2PMLtY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTHY...eature=related

All Pro
    Caught a few episodes last night and enjoyed them all over again. It's kinda fun to see these shows knowing exactly how the season transpired.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    I miss Big Jenks
    So true. I seriously think we might have won the whole thing one of those two years if he was healthy.It's no coincidence the D hasn't been the same since he left.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    So true. I seriously think we might have won the whole thing one of those two years if he was healthy.It's no coincidence the D hasn't been the same since he left.
    Eh. We were #1 in the league when he started 6 games and #3 in the league when he started 1 game. He was really a minor factor in the Rex era.

Hall Of Fame
    Jenkins was a dynamic talent. There are only 2 or 3 of those guys in the league.

Yes, we ranked well without him, but we would have been that much better with him. A true 2-gap NT that always commanded a double team and sometime even a triple team. That changes the way you can play defense.

Those 2008-2010 rosters were so strong and balanced. Hopefully we can get back to that point.

Hall Of Fame
    As for Conner, makes you wonder why he hasn't progressed like we had hoped. I hope he hits his stride this TC b.c he might not make it.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    McKnight may have taken a cut in pay coming from USC, forgot about that one. lol.

Jets Insider VIP
    WATCHING 2010 KNOCKS NOW

starting to get

PUMPED

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    WATCHING 2010 KNOCKS NOW

starting to get

PUMPED
    me too! Some things I am noticing again: Schotty annoys me. I have the same shirt as Kellen Clemens. Namath's outfit is killin me! Namath was a such a fashion icon back in the day. Now he dresses like my uncle who lives in Florida.

Banned
    Kris Jenkins has been overrated while Sione Pouha has been severely underrated/unappreciated.

Kris Jenkins played a total of 7 games under Rex Ryan. 6 games back in 2009 and only 1 game during the 2010 season. He's been (was) a complete non factor (when looking at the big picture). One negative about Jenkins, is that he was so aggressive, where he'd over-pursue from time to time, giving up huge running lanes.

Pouha on the other hand? He's since started 47 games under coach Ryan (playoffs included) dating back to 2009 (Jenkins going down). He's became/developed into a top three-five 3-4 NT over the years. He's anchored 3 separate (different) defensive lines to 3 consecutive seasons of top 5 defensive play. And, as we all know, when running a 3-4 defense; the NT position is the hardest position to fill with true talent/ability. This man plays with a motor that's truthfully second to none. Goes to war for our defense each and every week inside those trenches. You'll never see Pouha back down an offensive lineman. Not in a million years. It'll just never happen.

I'm very anxious to see the ways that Pouha leads a very talented defensive line, while being surrounded by young guns in Quinton Coples and Muhammad Wilkerson. Having strong depth in DeVito, Ellis and Dixon could also keep Pouha fresh for an entire season.

I have a strong feeling that Pouha becomes a house-hold NFL name this up coming season. I'm talking an invite to Honolulu along with an All-Pro selection. If our defensive line can become as fierce as we believe it can, then Pouha will be the anchor of a potential dominating defensive line. He's paid his due's, now he's on the verge of earning his respect. If he hasn't earned his respect around the league thus far, he'll take it this season.
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 07-18-2012 at 05:08 PM.

haven't seen Hard Knocks since the beginning and all this is coming back to me. Love RB coach Anthony Lynn. Bart Scott on former USC RB Joe McKnight: "He just mad cause he's taking a paycut."

Hall Of Fame
    LOL. Im watching now. Some insight.

Tanny: "I know I am a blatant liar".

Rex: "The history speaks for itself. You are a blatant liar".

Aint that the truth.