Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dez Bryant = POS

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    you don't, ever, EVER put your hands on a woman, much less a woman.
    wat

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    wat
    LOL.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    This is a sad story. No mother deserves to be treated wrong, let alone slapped in the face. He should be charged with a felony. You're supposed to love your mom with everything you have, but yet, this coward of a "man" is slapping his mother? Hopefully he has an older/younger brother who beats the living **** out of him so bad, where he's forced to retire from the game of football. A bullet to the head would be better.
    Actually, he DOES have a 37-year old sister. Hopefully she will keep him in line.

Nevermind . . . that's his mom.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Dez' mother is a problem, it's fair to not rush judgement on Dez himself, I agree. But no ifs ands or buts, you don't, ever, EVER put your hands on a woman, much less a woman. Dez should have removed himself from the situation and left his mother to rot if things are that bad.
    Yeah ok, let a woman come at me with a steak knife or I find one molesting my kid and there will be 1 less broad on this planet. Yes it's cowardly for a man to lay hands on a woman, but to say there's never a circumstance that warrants it is just silly generalizing. It's that type of broad stroke thinking that leads to men being vilified far too quickly in the court of public opinion any time a man and woman are part of a dispute and can taint a jury's opinion. Women are just as capable (if not moreso) of committing the same heinous acts as men.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    just to clarify.... it didn't actually come out at the combine that his mother was a prostitute or anything...

Professional Idiot Moron Jeff Ireland, at that time the GM of the sleezy and equally moronic Miami Dolphags asked Bryant if his mother was a prostitute. Bryant responded to the clazzy question by picking up his gear, advising Moron Ireland not to bother drafting him under any circumstances and walking out of the interview. What he should have done is stepped across the table and slapped Moron Ireland silly

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Dez' mother is a problem, it's fair to not rush judgement on Dez himself, I agree. But no ifs ands or buts, you don't, ever, EVER put your hands on a woman, much less your mother. Dez should have removed himself from the situation and left his mother to rot if things are that bad.
    I can't see how anyone can dispute this. Short of defending yourself during a physical assault you never put your hands on a woman even if she is a liar/con artist.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post

Professional Idiot Moron Jeff Ireland, at that time the GM of the sleezy and equally moronic Miami Dolphags asked Bryant if his mother was a prostitute. Bryant responded to the clazzy question by picking up his gear, advising Moron Ireland not to bother drafting him under any circumstances and walking out of the interview. What he should have done is stepped across the table and slapped Moron Ireland silly
    I had heard that Ireland was asking generally about his family. Bryant said, "My dad's a pimp and my mom works for my dad". Ireland then asked the tactless follow-up question, "So, your mom's a prostitute". Bryant just answered "no" but (IIRC) didn't walk out or otherwise demonstrate his displeasure with the question.

Edit: I assume she is an accountant who handled the books for his dad's business.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...if ur dads a pimp then u have some woman issues...i don't know if Dez ever saw his fathers pimp hand but u can see where he gets the control issues from...as for his mom,there is a point where you stop seeing ur parents as Gods and see them for what they are and obviously he has no repsect for what he mother is...still no excuse but this guy grew up in a jail cell learning the trade...he made something of himself...gotta give him some props for that...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    just to clarify.... it didn't actually come out at the combine that his mother was a prostitute or anything...

Ireland is still their GM. Also, you can say ass. Also, he never walked out of the interview.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Dez' mother is a problem, it's fair to not rush judgement on Dez himself, I agree. But no ifs ands or buts, you don't, ever, EVER put your hands on a woman, much less your mother. Dez should have removed himself from the situation and left his mother to rot if things are that bad.
    To paraphrase Daniel Tosh, taking up the challenge that you never hit a woman:

So I get home from work one day, tired, just looking to have a cold beer and relax.

I see my wife in the bathroom.

She's already drowned 2 of our 3 children and she's about to submerse the third one.

Ok to pop her in the face then?

Or do I wait, remove myself from the situation and return later to figure out her problems?

Ahhhh, gotta love generalizations without any of the facts.

Wasn't there a Jet a few years ago who it was reported hit his wife and we all thought he was a POS?

Until it was reported later that it was his ex-wife and she was fighting his current wife (of fiance) and in breaking up the fight he ended up hitting the ex?

Or maybe it was his biological mother and she was havinig a fight with his step-mother that actually raised him?

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    To paraphrase Daniel Tosh, taking up the challenge that you never hit a woman:

So I get home from work one day, tired, just looking to have a cold beer and relax.

I see my wife in the bathroom.

She's already drowned 2 of our 3 children and she's about to submerse the third one.

Ok to pop her in the face then?

Or do I wait, remove myself from the situation and return later to figure out her problems?

Ahhhh, gotta love generalizations without any of the facts.

Wasn't there a Jet a few years ago who it was reported hit his wife and we all thought he was a POS?

Until it was reported later that it was his ex-wife and she was fighting his current wife (of fiance) and in breaking up the fight he ended up hitting the ex?

Or maybe it was his biological mother and she was havinig a fight with his step-mother that actually raised him?

_
    Love that standup

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stokes- as previously noted there is nothing wrong with defending yourself during a physical assault (or to protect kiddies from forced drowning). Obviously all of this is a moot point if his mother is lying or he was defending himself.

Geez we speculate on everything from politics to southside's love life to QB ratings...why should this topic be any different?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bryant has serious problems and is an overall knucklehead, but he has led a life that nobody on this board could really understand.

1) He is 23. His mother is only 37.

2) His mother may or may not have been a "professional" at some point in her life.

3) "When Dez was undergoing the vetting process of the NFL Draft, he had this famous exchange with Dolphins executive Jeff Ireland, according to Sports Illustrated: “What did your father do for a living?” “My dad was a pimp.” “What did your mom do?” “She worked for my dad.” “Your mom was a prostitute?” “No, she wasn’t a prostitute.”"

source: http://blog.newsok.com/berrytramel/2...e-sordid-news/

It's not surprising that he is a knucklehead and has issues with self control.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    Stokes- as previously noted there is nothing wrong with defending yourself during a physical assault (or to protect kiddies from forced drowning). Obviously all of this is a moot point if his mother is lying or he was defending himself.

Geez we speculate on everything from politics to southside's love life to QB ratings...why should this topic be any different?
    I just thought Tosh's take was funny and topical.

Doesn't sound like Bryant is a good guy at all, but it sounds like there is a lot of stuff that none of us have any idea about.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    What if the Pats had won the Super bowl instead of losing again.
    What if the Patriots never cheated?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    What if the Patriots never cheated?
    And thus the circle of life on JI begins anew.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    Obviously all of this is a moot point if his mother is lying or he was defending himself.
    If a 230 lb muscle bound guy like Dez Bryant needs to defend himself against his 40 year old mother then he's the biggest pu$$y douchebag on the planet.

You don't hit your mother no matter what.

My mom could stab me and I still couldn't raise my hand to her.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This topic about mothers may not go well

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    You don't hit your mother no matter what.

My mom could stab me and I still couldn't raise my hand to her.

I don't like your chances of surviving teh Zombie Apocalypse.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    I don't like your chances of surviving teh Zombie Apocalypse.
    Honestly, this is a good example of how false allegiances are sanctified. This guy's mother has accused Dez Bryant of assault, and yet there are no physical marks, or evidence to support her claims, but the media is talking about it and the public is buying it (just look here).

Just because this woman is a mother, doesn't mean she deserves to be treated as one. Has she been supportive of her child, or has she shown up after his pay day to collect?

Things aren't always what they seem. Mother doesn't automatically mean "good".