Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 53

Thread: Dez Bryant = POS

  1. #1

  2. #2
    I'm right with you here...

    I will send my 15 yr old son into next week if he so much as even looks funny at his mother...


  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I'm right with you here...

    I will send my 15 yr old son into next week if he so much as even looks funny at his mother...

    Pats traded out of their spot to let the Cowboys draft Dez... cue the "what if's"

  4. #4
    We've certainly had quite the little parade of arrests through this NFL offseason, but few are as disturbing as this: On Monday, Dallas Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant was arrested on charges of misdemeanor domestic violence, which stemmed from an incident that happened last Saturday. Bryant turned himself in to the DeSoto (Texas) police department after hearing of the charges, and was released from custody after posting $1,500 bail. However, and as first reported by Rebecca Lopez of WFAA-TV, the underlying reasons for Bryant's arrest should give serious pause.

    "Desoto police say Dez Bryant assaulted his mother," Lopez wrote on her Twitter account. "Slapped her across the face and pulled her hair. Dez Bryant's mother says she had pain and swelling as a result of injuries according to a police report. Police report says Bryant's mother had asked him to leave when he allegedly assaulted her."

    [Michael Silver: The Jaguars are unlikely to meet MJD's contract demands]

    The Dallas Morning News crime blog had this to add:

    Angela Bryant told police that she and her son got into an argument Saturday afternoon at her home in the 800 block of West Pleasant Run Road.
    Police said the Lufkin native grabbed his mother by the T-shirt, causing it and her bra to tear, according to police documents. She said he then grabbed her by the hair and slapped her across the face with his ball cap.
    When asked for a response by WFAA-TV, Bryant would only say, "I'm good. I'm good."

    Bryant has been in trouble with the law before, though some of the charges have seemed skimpy -- such as the time when he was thrown out of an upscale mall in the Dallas area for allegedly using bad, inappropriate language and wearing sagging pants. But there was also the alleged altercation at a Miami Beach nightclub in January -- Bryant was detained and released without arrest on that one. This, however, brings things to an entirely different level.

    Cowboys owner Jerry Jones seemed to know what he was getting into when he moved up in the 2010 NFL draft to take Bryant with the 24th overall pick out of Oklahoma State. In two seasons, Bryant has grabbed 108 receptions for 1,489 yards and 15 touchdowns, mixing incredible feats of football athleticism with bouts of maddening inconsistency.

    "He has been frustrating and he has been elating," Jones said last November. "It's exactly what we thought when we drafted him right to the T. And so if we didn't plan on having a little frustration we should have gone a different direction. No surprises with him."

    One would hope that this time, it's a surprise ... and not a very pleasant one.

    Spoiled little brat who will still walk away with millions. He should be deemed unfit to participate in a sport children look up to.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Pats traded out of their spot to let the Cowboys draft Dez... cue the "what if's"
    And many here laughed at BB saying he whiffed again by passing on Dez.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    898
    This is a sad story. No mother deserves to be treated wrong, let alone slapped in the face. He should be charged with a felony. You're supposed to love your mom with everything you have, but yet, this coward of a "man" is slapping his mother? Hopefully he has an older/younger brother who beats the living **** out of him so bad, where he's forced to retire from the game of football. A bullet to the head would be better.

  7. #7
    you know what, family issues are tricky. maybe dez is a pos but maybe his mother is also. granted he shouldn't be striking anyone (and neither should she) but everyone has a breaking point. it is really important that they get this straightened out.

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,758
    Let me preface this by saying I do not condone his actions. Where I come from, hitting a woman is inexcusable and cowardly. Hitting your own mother? Words can't describe how disgraceful it is.

    However, I suggest you guys look up his mother on the google machine. She has a record of her own. Went to prison for selling crack in the '90s when Dez was a child. She has a longer rap sheet than he does. There are probably a lot of unresolved issues between him and his mother. I can only imagine the circumstances of this altercation. Certainly not the best way to handle things, but I am going to guess that Dez never had someone teach him how to deal with such things. Not an excuse. All I am saying is I don't envy his position.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 07-18-2012 at 07:26 AM.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,685
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Pats traded out of their spot to let the Cowboys draft Dez... cue the "what if's"
    What if the Pats had won the Super bowl instead of losing again.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,685
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Let me preface this by saying I do not condone his actions. Where I come from, hitting a woman is inexcusable and cowardly. Hitting your own mother? Words can't describe how disgraceful it is.

    However, I suggest you guys look up his mother on the google machine. She has a record of her own. Went to prison for selling crack in the '90s when Dez was a child. She has a longer rap sheet than he does. There are probably a lot of unresolved issues between him and his mother. I can only imagine the circumstances of this altercation. Certainly not the best way to handle things, but I am going to guess that Dez never had someone teach him how to deal with such things. Not an excuse. All I am saying is I don't envy his position.
    Seriously. I realize that these guys all had wonderful mothers (maybe were coddled a little too much in some cases), but not everyone does. Anyone here ever watch Mommy dearest? Now I would never hit my mother (or any woman), even if I could find her, but I don't think anyone would deserve to be shot in the head if they slapped her with a ball cap. Btw Dez' rap sheet is using foul language, and wearing baggy pants. For all we know she could be selling things he gave her to buy crack. Maybe leaving his little brother alone, or maybe having men over the house, beating, or doing worse to his siblings. You don't know. Should be shot in the head, without hearing any of the facts. It's level headed reactions like that, that make everyone respect you so much.
    Last edited by NY's stepchild; 07-18-2012 at 07:54 AM.

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Boston area
    Posts
    4,474

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I'm right with you here...

    I will send my 15 yr old son into next week if he so much as even looks funny at his mother...

    +1

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Pats traded out of their spot to let the Cowboys draft Dez... cue the "what if's"
    What if there could be a thread without it turning into something about the Pats thread....

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    What if the Pats had won the Super bowl instead of losing again.
    That would have been a possible scenario. But they could still have lost. The pats most likely would have been there without Gronk (one of the picks used in the trade down) who did not help in the SB, While Bryant would have.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,685
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    That would have been a possible scenario. But they could still have lost. The pats most likely would have been there without Gronk (one of the picks used in the trade down) who did not help in the SB, While Bryant would have.
    Well then I guess there's no hope.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Seriously. I realize that these guys all had wonderful mothers (maybe were coddled a little too much in some cases), but not everyone does. Anyone here ever watch Mommy dearest? Now I would never hit my mother (or any woman), even if I could find her, but I don't think anyone would deserve to be shot in the head if they slapped her with a ball cap. Btw Dez' rap sheet is using foul language, and wearing baggy pants. For all we know she could be selling things he gave her to buy crack. Maybe leaving his little brother alone, or maybe having men over the house, beating, or doing worse to his siblings. You don't know. Should be shot in the head, without hearing any of the facts. It's level headed reactions like that, that make everyone respect you so much.
    Couldn't have stated it better if I tried. Agree with everything here.

  16. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Johnsburg
    Posts
    1,337
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Let me preface this by saying I do not condone his actions. Where I come from, hitting a woman is inexcusable and cowardly. Hitting your own mother? Words can't describe how disgraceful it is.

    However, I suggest you guys look up his mother on the google machine. She has a record of her own. Went to prison for selling crack in the '90s when Dez was a child. She has a longer rap sheet than he does. There are probably a lot of unresolved issues between him and his mother. I can only imagine the circumstances of this altercation. Certainly not the best way to handle things, but I am going to guess that Dez never had someone teach him how to deal with such things. Not an excuse. All I am saying is I don't envy his position.
    Not trying to spread rumors, but didn't it come out at the combine that his mother was a prostitute too?
    The possibility is very real that she's just trying to cash in here.

  17. #17
    His mother has a history of making up stories, and has a significant criminal record.

    And I disagree with some posters that you give unconditional love to someone regardless of their actions towards you.

    The mother of Dez Bryant can be heard telling friends in an emotional 911 call that the Cowboys receiver "tried to kill me" and and that she's going to "put an end to it today."

    "Babe, I can't keep letting him do this," Bryant's mother was heard telling others. "I can't let him do me like this. I'm tired. I'm going to put an end to it today." Police didn't arrest Bryant at the scene because they saw no evidence of assault. It's not clear what prompted the heated exchange between mother and son. Arrested multiple times for selling crack cocaine and supplying false information, Angela Bryant was put on probation for 10 years back in 2009. Regardless, the released 911 call won't sit well in the eyes of the league office.

    Source: Fort Worth Star-Telegram Jul 17 - 2:21 PM

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,946
    Dez's mom is trouble. I bet there is more to this story then what she has told police.

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,758
    I am glad to see that some people are not rushing to judgement. It is obvious that Dez and his biological mother do not share the "typical" mother-son relationship.

    Before anyone condemns this kid, I would like to know what the circumstances were and if she in fact was hit by him. These domestic disputes tend to have a ton of elements that need to be examined.

    Unfortunately for Dez he is not going to get the benefit of the doubt in the court of public opinion. Domestic violence seems to be rampant in the NFL, so we tend to lump all of the incidents together and stereotype these players.

    I would also encourage a Mod to alter the thread title.

  20. #20
    If Dez' mother is a problem, it's fair to not rush judgement on Dez himself, I agree. But no ifs ands or buts, you don't, ever, EVER put your hands on a woman, much less your mother. Dez should have removed himself from the situation and left his mother to rot if things are that bad.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 07-18-2012 at 10:17 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us