Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Someone had to say it - Santonio did.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    It literally drives the internet... How is it dead?
    It's dying.

Adblock plus stops those sh*heads and their annoying crap

But then again...anytime I load a video on Youtube, I NEVER click on "skid advertisement". Those things are riveting....

Veteran
    I don't know, but it's getting to the point that if you want sell your story then write something positive. There are literally dozens of negative articles a day. You'd think a positive article would have less competition.

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    But then again...anytime I load a video on Youtube, I NEVER click on "skid advertisement". Those things are riveting....

Quote Originally Posted by CraigFL View Post
    I don't know, but it's getting to the point that if you want sell your story then write something positive. There are literally dozens of negative articles a day. You'd think a positive article would have less competition.
    On this point I agree with you and Santonio Holmes. The media should be negative IF ITS TRUE. And even if its true, they shouldn't blow it up and over use it.

There has to be some balance. And there is no balance. Its negative or nothing.

holmes really needs to just shut up and play football. i seriously doubt that what he means comes out when he talks to reporters and they egg him on to say stupid things.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    On this point I agree with you and Santonio Holmes. The media should be negative IF ITS TRUE. And even if its true, they shouldn't blow it up and over use it.

There has to be some balance. And there is no balance. Its negative or nothing.
    There is nothing positive, the team is not playing, they are not practicing. All they are doing is talking to the media. quit talking.

Hall Of Fame
    Santonio Holmes does NOT need to STFU.

You don't want to hear what he has to say--don't listen.

Get over yourselves.

_

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    so angry, this fist.
    Not angry, just rational and realistic. Only a fan would think the media should only report positive news for their local team by default.

just as it's not the media's job to waive pom-pom's and be a part of the team, it's not their job to spin every bit of news in the most negative sense possible and rip the team at every turn.
    Their only job is to sell papers, ads and website hits. Whatever YOU folks will lap up the most is what they'll sell you.

The results, and the endless sperging Francessa Obsession here at JI, speak for themselves. Negativity sells, and fans lap it up in vast qualtities over positivity.

Tone's just saying "stop with the BS and do straight reporting, and if you can't do that, then GTFO."
    I don't recall any non-factual reporting on Tone last year. He was a cancer, and he quit on the team. The fact he's still a Jet and still making millions should be solace enough for an overpaid, overmouthy, underperforming primadonna such as him.

and he's absolutely right -- this time
    Not even close to right. Self-serving is self-serving. Maybe if he performed up to his paycheck, wasn't a cancer, and didn't quit on his team like a whiney little ****, the papers might be a little more kind to him.

Also, the idea (as some have claimed) that there is "not a single positive report" is laughably inaccurate.

The martyr complex amongst Jets Fans is just sad.
    Last edited by Warfish; 07-20-2012 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Santonio Holmes does NOT need to STFU.

You don't want to hear what he has to say--don't listen.

Get over yourselves.

_
    The fiercest defender of Sanchez pats the guy on the ass who, played bad, mouthed off, quit and generally made Sanchez's job very very hard?

Surprising indeed! Good thing you make quality mongolian pork chops! (That seasoned BBQ, sliced up whole chicken looked good too.)

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    The fiercest defender of Sanchez pats the guy on the ass who, played bad, mouthed off, quit and generally made Sanchez's job very very hard?

Surprising indeed! Good thing you make quality mongolian pork chops! (That seasoned BBQ, sliced up whole chicken looked good too.)
    I'm not patting him on the ass, but when I heard his whole quote I got a totally different sense of what he was saying.

What occured was not good, but his explanation--for me--was acceptable.

Again, if you don't want to hear what he has to say--that's your perogative.

But saying he doesn't have the right to say it is just silly.

I gotta tell you, I've never made moister juicer grilled chicken than the split whole chicken with the brick weigthing it down. It's become a staple.

I'm going to do the same thing with a whole duck this week. But I'm going to add a glaze at the end.

_

I'm not patting him on the ass, but when I heard his whole quote I got a totally different sense of what he was saying.

What occured was not good, but his explanation--for me--was acceptable.

Again, if you don't want to hear what he has to say--that's your perogative.

But saying he doesn't have the right to say it is just silly.

I gotta tell you, I've never made moister juicer grilled chicken than the split whole chicken with the brick weigthing it down. It's become a staple.

I'm going to do the same thing with a whole duck this week. But I'm going to add a glaze at the end.

_
    I was wondering what the heck those things on top of them were. I thought they might be packs of veggies or something. Why the bricks? What does that do?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I was wondering what the heck those things on top of them were. I thought they might be packs of veggies or something. Why the bricks? What does that do?
    They are actually heavy pavers covered in aluminum foil.

It compresses the bird down onto the heat source allowing it to cook through quicker with less time to dry out.

You can do this in a hot skillet as well.

_

Hall Of Fame

It compresses the bird down onto the heat source allowing it to cook through quicker with less time to dry out.

_
    Nice trick. Be careful b.c those pavers can explode or crumble. Probably not under the temps we use but you never know. I think they make special bricks for that purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    Amen.

I'm sure the usual cast of characters (Florio, Cimini, Francessa) are going to jump all over this - even though it's 100% true.
    "Say nice things or we'll fall apart and lose"?

Leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...ce=twitterfeed
    Amen.

I'm sure the usual cast of characters (Florio, Cimini, Francessa) are going to jump all over this - even though it's 100% true.
    Can't believe, after the sh@t he pulled last year, I actually agree with what he said. He's trying to be a team player, I think.

_
    I saw that on a cooking show, they use them in a lot of restaraunts, bricks covered in aluminum. Good idea.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Nice trick. Be careful b.c those pavers can explode or crumble. Probably not under the temps we use but you never know. I think they make special bricks for that purpose.
    My grill only gets to about 700 degrees, so I think I'm good

I've done it about 5 times, it's fine. Real bricks can withstand much more heat, but I don't have any heavy enough.

_

Bewildered Beast

_
    It's the secret to skillet love. I'm the skillet king; the wind here is so breezy that I really cannot grill. Anyway, I use pots filled with a quart of water; gonna try your paver trick.

Bewildered Beast
    Sorry, back on topic:

"Right now we are a group of guys, myself and him," Holmes said this week on an NFL.com podcast. "And I say a group of guys because this season is going to rely on how well Santonio Holmes and Mark Sanchez work together on the field this year."
    That's a big statement; but it will be the run game setting holmes up...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    It's the secret to skillet love. I'm the skillet king; the wind here is so breezy that I really cannot grill. Anyway, I use pots filled with a quart of water; gonna try your paver trick.
    It's actually an application that I saw San Fran's own Tyler Florence do on the Food Network. He did it in a skillet, I just moved it to a grill and used a different rub. It's awesome, gets the skin really crispy.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/t...ipe/index.html

_