Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jets won't re-sign Jim Leonhard

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    I'll concede that Welker will have matchup problems against Landry, who could destroy him over the middle. But Gronk has 6 inches and 45 pounds on him. I don't think he's too worried. We'll see who lays who out. My money is on Gronk as the guy who gets up after the big hit as the only healthy one. Should be fun to watch.
    I don't think Gronk has enough brain cells to be worried if a small car is about to hit him. His size is what makes him brutal. He has enough hands and ability to use his size to win any jump ball. He outweighs any safety by 40+ pounds. And he has a QB who is accurate enough to fit the ball into any window Gronk can create. He should be the real deal for another 4+ years before that physical style starts to wear on him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post

ghey
    What's even gheyer is that he has that picture as his background and screensaver.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    What safety doesn't give away height and pounds to Gronkowski?

I imagine the Jets will have other plans in place. Perhaps this is where Demario Davis comes in.

And don't forget, a nice hard hit to Gronk's back could sideline him for quite some time. He's not Superman. He has his kryptonite.

By the way, thanks for coming into a thread about the Jets not re-signing Leonhard and trolling away.
    Ummm...what in my posts constitute trolling? Wasn't I talking football and replying to other's posts on the topic? And funny that you, one of the biggest trolls on the site who consistently derails thread after thread, calling me out.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas2No99 View Post
    Jets won't re-sign Jim Leonhard

By @$$H0L3 ESPN Jets beat writer.
    Nice touch +1

All Pro
    What is with that very intimidating look on Gronky's face? What's with the big hands, and the small circle? looks like he's been rubbing whatever's in Landry's jar on him.

Hall Of Fame
    First Danny Woodhead, then Leon Washington and now Jim Leonard. The short guy just cannot seem to catch a break here with the Jets

It sickens me how there's some Jets fans here that WANT him to sign with NE.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Ummm...what in my posts constitute trolling? Wasn't I talking football and replying to other's posts on the topic? And funny that you, one of the biggest trolls on the site who consistently derails thread after thread, calling me out.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    What is with that very intimidating look on Gronky's face? What's with the big hands, and the small circle? looks like he's been rubbing whatever's in Landry's jar on him.
    They were being generous.

They probably could have used a garage sale price sticker.

The Jets are going to regret letting him go if he signs elsewhere soon.

The only way I'd be okay with NE signing him is if he breaks Tebow's leg but gets injured for the season on the next play, and ultimately retires a Jet at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post

The only way I'd be okay with NE signing him is if he breaks Tebow's leg but gets injured for the season on the next play, and ultimately retires a Jet at the end of the season.
    really....breaks Tebows leg? this post speaks more about you than anything.

I'm no fan but Tebow is as quality a person as we have.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post

Eh. I'm not sure regret is the right word.

Leonhard is a good defensive backfield QB at this point but his skills have greatly diminished. With two significant leg injuries in the last 2 years, I can't see him being more than an adequate safety.

If he signs with anyone OTHER than the patsies, no one here will care. JMO.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardukis View Post
    really....breaks Tebows leg? this post speaks more about you than anything.

I'm no fan but Tebow is as quality a person as we have.
    I agree. That was a pretty dooshy thing to say.

Lmfao....way to stay on topic. And you dare call anyone else a troll.

I agree. That was a pretty dooshy thing to say.
    It was.

But I wouldn't be sad if it happened. I understand where he's comin' from...

I have been a Tebow hater for a long time and I'm so sick of seeing these headlines everywhere that say "Sanchez vs. Tebow- Who Should Start". I also can't stand his cultish fans that are going to be chanting his name whenever Sanchez throws an incompletion.

It wouldn't surprise me if Ucrenegade made a similar dooshy remark about Sanchez.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    It was.

But I wouldn't be sad if it happened. I understand where he's comin' from...
    BullSHLT . When we have 4th and 2 , and Tebow is calling the punt snap and he runs for a first down, you'll buy a Gator jersey. he has a LOT of upside for this team.

Jets will regret not bringing back Leonhard. Between Landry and Bell, someone is getting injured.
    Let's just hope Belichick doesn't sign him.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardukis View Post
    BullSHLT . When we have 4th and 2 , and Tebow is calling the punt snap and he runs for a first down, you'll buy a Gator jersey. he has a LOT of upside for this team.
    Well apparently he's not always green and white.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Well apparently he's not always green and white.