Thread: $3.5 Billion was spent on corporate lobbying in 2010

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

$3.5 Billion was spent on corporate lobbying in 2010

What did it buy? The return on investment of corporate lobbying [Graphic]

http://refreshingnews99.blogspot.in/...corporate.html

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The above illustrations are beyond ignorant and idiotic.
    These are made available for the unwashed masses - like OWS. Stupids who are essentaily losers and anarchists.
    I am surprised a veteran Marine would buy in.

The entire ROI is based on a lobby? Even you can't be that gullible.
    Perhaps a small incremental part but the whole return?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    These are made available for the unwashed masses - like OWS. Stupids who are essentaily losers and anarchists.

I can see the one showing a link between subsidies and the oil industry even though I am sure most of the subsidies were renewals not new money that resulted from lobbying.

As for the pharmas, saying that they are "Lobbying to keep prescription drugs high" is infantile. Much of the pharma lobby is based around patI think they deserve a few years of patent protection.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    yay!

Now do union money and "get out the vote" stuff.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Money = Speech = Power

A vicious and rigged cycle that will not change anytime soon under the two wings of the corporate party.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Investments for the corporate/union future.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Well that I guess that means that the billionaires don't buy the gov't......

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    Well that I guess that means that the billionaires don't buy the gov't......
    Like Bloomberg, or like union/mob bosses?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    Like Bloomberg, or like union/mob bosses?
    Union membership is at a 70 year low right now. Union bribes may affect some local races, but nowhere near the above ROI's. Even if those numbers are off, they are still astonishing

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Union membership is at a 70 year low right now. Union bribes may affect some local races, but nowhere near the above ROI's. Even if those numbers are off, they are still astonishing
    Union jobs are at some of the lowest levels in generations but you can't tell that to the Fox Zombies. Wall Street needed a scapegoat to take the fall for the economic mess that they had a large hand in creating. So the corporations that own the government use their personal mega phone (the American media) to create the illusion that unions are the real cause of economic distress in 2012.

Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 07-21-2012 at 11:07 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    Union jobs are at some of the lowest levels in generations but you can't tell that to the Fox Zombies. Wall Street needed a scapegoat to take the fall for the economic mess that they had a large hand in creating. So the corporations that own the government use their personal mega phone (the American media) to create the illusion that unions are the real cause of economic distress in 2012.

As long as Jimmy Hoffa Jr. and Richard Trumka (two of the biggest punk thugs alive) are running unions, they are a problem - both in terms of political contributions AND intimidation of decent people.
    I'm not too crazy about the NY teachers union either. pretty corrupt operation.
    Right to work, baby. That's the way to go.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    As long as Jimmy Hoffa Jr. and Richard Trumka (two of the biggest punk thugs alive) are running unions, they are a problem - both in terms of political contributions AND intimidation of decent people.
    I'm not too crazy about the NY teachers union either. pretty corrupt operation.
    Right to work, baby. That's the way to go.
    but lets compare the threat level to our democratic process from Jim Jr. and Trumka to the corporations, some worth in the billions, that game the system to their advantage.

Its not even close. Thanks to a far-right agenda in this country unions are almost obsolete.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    but lets compare the threat level to our democratic process from Jim Jr. and Trumka to the corporations, some worth in the billions, that game the system to their advantage.

Its not even close. Thanks to a far-right agenda in this country unions are almost obsolete.

Really, Hoffa and Trumka espouse VIOLENCE. Sounds dangerous to me.
    Many unions encourage vandalism and physical intimidation and beatings. Let's see, Teamsters. UAW. CWA. Operating Engineers. Aerospace Workers. Electrical Workers Union. Dockworkers. Good track record all. Teachers unions are just corrupt - not violent but they fight for the rights of PERVERTS.
    Police and Fire unoins are not violent or threatening.
    Corporation execs beat up people, do they? Vandalize cars and homes?
    How's the grad rate doing at YOUR FAILING SCHOOL? You are doing what to correct that? sorry, when you start doing your job, then you get taken seriously. Right now, you are just shamming. Collecting pay for going through the motions. No accountability.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really, Hoffa and Trumka espouse VIOLENCE. Sounds dangerous to me.
    Many unions encourage vandalism and physical intimidation and beatings. Let's see, Teamsters. UAW. CWA. Operating Engineers. Aerospace Workers. Electrical Workers Union. Dockworkers. Good track record all. Teachers unions are just corrupt - not violent but they fight for the rights of PERVERTS.
    Police and Fire unoins are not violent or threatening.
    Corporation execs beat up people, do they? Vandalize cars and homes?
    How's the grad rate doing at YOUR FAILING SCHOOL? You are doing what to correct that? sorry, when you start doing your job, then you get taken seriously. Right now, you are just shamming. Collecting pay for going through the motions. No accountability.
    lol, if you are referring to me personally.

Anyway, you are correct on one account; we rarely hear stories of corporate execs acting with physical intimidation. Instead, they hire thugs to do their dirty work. Or do you really believe only unions apply thug tactics to get their way? You remind me of that quote from The Godfather;

Michael Corleone: My father is no different than any other powerful man, any man who is responsible for other people, like a senator or a president.
    Kay Adams: You know how naive you sound?
    Michael Corleone: Why?
    Kay Adams: Senators and presidents don't have men killed.
    Michael Corleone: Oh. Who's being naive, Kay?
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 07-21-2012 at 04:17 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't ask about union membership. I mentioned union mob bosses that make over $300k a year donating MILLIONS of dollars from union members. If membership is down, that even more that the union sheep are shelling out to their corrupt leaders.