Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Taking Off: Ryan loses over 100 lbs.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's also easier to FedEx a box of cash than to write a check.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    you obviously have never been around people who are forced to eat right, be disciplined not to eat too much and at the same time workout regularly to lose weight.

this surgery is the easy way out. sit on your ass all day if you want, eat everything you want, at some point your stomach tells you your full and thats it. it doesnt even matter what you eat. dont give me this "he has to watch what he eats" crap. if youre 400 pounds you can eat half the **** you ate before and you'll still lose tons of weight. lets not act like he's eating one apple the whole day. if he really watched what he ate he would have lost tons of weight before without this surgergy. its a simple matter of how much you take in and how much you lose at the end of the day, in terms of calories. i dont think he watched what he was eating, i dont think he's working out regularly. enough with the BS, he didnt want to go through all that ****. and thats fine. good for him he's losing weight, but he could have done all that without the rubber band around his stomach. thats all im saying
    Guess what he is healthier... yes we should yell at him for trying to live longer b/c he didn't do it your way. It's his medical decision to make and I am happy he is doing much better now. And for the record I would rather people work hard and reduce their weight too. But it's different begrudging someone who has improved his/her health from a different method.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    This message is hidden because DaBallhawk is on your ignore list.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    This message is hidden because DaBallhawk is on your ignore list.
    dude give it a rest, you know you read my posts

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    say hello to ucrenegade and demosthenes9 on the te-bonehead division of the ignore list

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Guess what he is healthier... yes we should yell at him for trying to live longer b/c he didn't do it your way. It's his medical decision to make and I am happy he is doing much better now. And for the record I would rather people work hard and reduce their weight too. But it's different begrudging someone who has improved his/her health from a different method.
    look i love rex, he is a father, a son, and whatnot, i want him to live as long as possible and im happy he's healthy(er) now. im just talking about the surgery itself. he could have lost weight the traditional way, thats all im saying. mangini had the same weight issues, he didnt get the surgery and he looks pretty healthy now

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Rex is looking great

The article I read (in the Post) said he was just starting to contemplate exercise - walking. Before losing 100 lbs it was too uncomfortable, even walking. So good for him for taking the right steps.
    And if the worst part is having to buy a new wardrobe, heck, those are some awesome suits and shoes they show him wearing. I wonder how longs it's been since he has worn a suit. He looks great. I wonder if he will still don the khakis and black sweatervest look for the games. If he keeps looking this good I may have to rethink my plans and start tuning in to Jets games this season.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    I think the point is Rex took the easy way out. Without changing the actual compulsive and addictive behavior that caused him to be morbidly obese, he's doomed to repeat it once the band is removed. And does he really deserve an "atta boy" for having a surgery? I don't see it. What about people who get lipo?
    What an ignorant statement. Shows you know nothing about weight loss and the difficulty some people have. The lap band or any other kind of surgery for weight loss is a tool. You can choose to abuse it and still gain weight or use it to your advantage and eat right along with regular exercise. The work still has to be done to lose the weight and maintain it.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    you obviously have never been around people who are forced to eat right, be disciplined not to eat too much and at the same time workout regularly to lose weight.

this surgery is the easy way out. sit on your ass all day if you want, eat everything you want, at some point your stomach tells you your full and thats it. it doesnt even matter what you eat. dont give me this "he has to watch what he eats" crap. if youre 400 pounds you can eat half the **** you ate before and you'll still lose tons of weight. lets not act like he's eating one apple the whole day. if he really watched what he ate he would have lost tons of weight before without this surgergy. its a simple matter of how much you take in and how much you lose at the end of the day, in terms of calories. i dont think he watched what he was eating, i dont think he's working out regularly. enough with the BS, he didnt want to go through all that ****. and thats fine. good for him he's losing weight, but he could have done all that without the rubber band around his stomach. thats all im saying
    Another clueless ignorant comment. Yes, it does matter what you eat. You can sit in your rear all day and drink milkshakes and eat easy foods that can pass thru the band like mashed potatoes, spaghetti, liquid calories all the while stretching your stomach. It takes discipline to maintain weight loss and avoid stretching your stomach.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think genetics does play a factor in people with unhealthy eating habits. My brother-in-law eats like he has a tapeworm- pounds, beers, quarts of ice cream, burgers, etc and he has no gut whatsover. Not blaming genes for someone sitting on a couch scarfing a large pizza but there is less of a margin for error, so to speak, as to how fat some people will get.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    I think genetics does play a factor in people with unhealthy eating habits. My brother-in-law eats like he has a tapeworm- pounds, beers, quarts of ice cream, burgers, etc and he has no gut whatsover. Not blaming genes for someone sitting on a couch scarfing a large pizza but there is less of a margin for error, so to speak, as to how fat some people will get.
    Well of course some families are fat, and some are skinny, and have trouble putting on weight. You would have thought, someone would have figured it out already. Biggest thing for average people though are these diets. They start at 16 years old 5 to 10 pounds over weight, then go on a diet. Once they reach the weight they want they stop, and gain it back , only they just starved themselves, and slowed their metabolism. They put on an extra 5 pounds by the time it recovers. Well now multiply 5 lbs times how many diets you've been on and that's how over weight you are. They need to stop these kids from going on diets. Ruins their quality of life. If you want to lose 10 lbs then just be conscious of it a little. Just eat a little less, or healthy. Lose it over a year, and stay that way, or just stay 10 lbs overweight.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ComfortablyNumb View Post
    Another clueless ignorant comment. Yes, it does matter what you eat. You can sit in your rear all day and drink milkshakes and eat easy foods that can pass thru the band like mashed potatoes, spaghetti, liquid calories all the while stretching your stomach. It takes discipline to maintain weight loss and avoid stretching your stomach.
    dude it doesnt take discipline if your stomach is the size of a peanut. you dont have much of a choice, you cant eat enough to actually gain weight when you are already 400 pounds and your stomach is that small, it doesnt matter what you eat. he can eat half the fast food crap he ate before, he'd still lose weight. its all about how many calories you burn and take in. if 20 burgers a day got him to 400 pounds, he can eat 10 burgers a day now and lose weight. until he gets to a certain point of course, then he will have to make more adjustments in order to lose more weight. and if he watched what he ate and if he really was that disciplined he wouldnt need the surgery

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are the guys hating on weight loss surgery okay with the women (or men) in their lives surgically enhancing their boobs, butts or faces?
    So the guy realized he had a problem and rectified it.
    I know a few people who had a complete gastric bypass, ate nothing but junk and gained all the weight back.
    Just because your stomach is the size of of a walnut doesn't mean that you
    don't have to eat healthy. If Rex went back to eating M&Ms all day he would never have lost the weight.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It would mean a little more if he actually did something for it. All he did was get sugery

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Spoken out of pure ignorance. Too many people are scared to have lap band surgery and pay the price with their life.
    Lap Band surgery is a big step that requires a lifestyle change. And post surgery is not easy.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    dude it doesnt take discipline if your stomach is the size of a peanut. you dont have much of a choice, you cant eat enough to actually gain weight when you are already 400 pounds and your stomach is that small, it doesnt matter what you eat. he can eat half the fast food crap he ate before, he'd still lose weight. its all about how many calories you burn and take in. if 20 burgers a day got him to 400 pounds, he can eat 10 burgers a day now and lose weight. until he gets to a certain point of course, then he will have to make more adjustments in order to lose more weight. and if he watched what he ate and if he really was that disciplined he wouldnt need the surgery
    One idiotic post after another. When your predisposed to being obese and you reach a dangerous level, no amount of dieting or exercise will make a difference. Statistically, Lap Band surgery is the most effective way to lose weight and keep it off.
    And going through a surgery like that requires a lot of courage.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    im glad i talked to an expert like you who doesnt know anything about the issue trying to clear things up. thanks. next time when i need dressing advice i'll call up belichick. you sound like you also took the easy way out when trying to lose weight and now your feelings are hurt over what i said. poor you

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    You know youre proof that some just dont know when to shut up.

Apparently a subject that is beyond your comprehension. Stop lecturing people and move on already

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    now im being lectured by a guy with dancing chewbacca in his sig. very credible

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can daballschmuck really be this ignorant??

Apparently the answer is YES

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2