Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 83

Thread: Taking Off: Ryan loses over 100 lbs.

  1. #21
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,659
    Post Thanks / Like
    So happy for Rex. Dude's a great coach and him being healthy should keep him around longer.

  2. #22
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,698
    Post Thanks / Like
    My uncle used to look exactly like the old Rex and was even a few years older, and he did that procedure and looks a lot like the Rex of new. Can't hate on anyone doing something to help himself live longer.

  3. #23
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,857
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    You obviously never have been around anyone who has had the surgery. It isn't as easy as you think. It forces people to eat right.
    you obviously have never been around people who are forced to eat right, be disciplined not to eat too much and at the same time workout regularly to lose weight.

    this surgery is the easy way out. sit on your ass all day if you want, eat everything you want, at some point your stomach tells you your full and thats it. it doesnt even matter what you eat. dont give me this "he has to watch what he eats" crap. if youre 400 pounds you can eat half the **** you ate before and you'll still lose tons of weight. lets not act like he's eating one apple the whole day. if he really watched what he ate he would have lost tons of weight before without this surgergy. its a simple matter of how much you take in and how much you lose at the end of the day, in terms of calories. i dont think he watched what he was eating, i dont think he's working out regularly. enough with the BS, he didnt want to go through all that ****. and thats fine. good for him he's losing weight, but he could have done all that without the rubber band around his stomach. thats all im saying

  4. #24
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    some people aren't as dogmatic, zealous, intolerant or fanatical as you and your evangelical cult of te-boneheads, Jimmy Swaggerts, Ayatullah Khoemenis, Josef Stalins, Idi Amins or Osama Bin Ladens are, I guess

    Rex lost 100 pounds and is continuing to lose more, How he did isn't as iimportant as the fact thst he did it except, I guess to the brainwashed locksteppers

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    I have a normal weight for my height having lost 80 lbs almost three years ago. I exercise four or five days per week for about an hour. Mostly cardio with a little Nautilus. I swim a lot in the summer. I eat a relatively low fat/low carb diet with lots of fish and chicken and only red meat on occasion. Pasta is my biggest indulgence. I avoid processed foods and limit my alcohol intake to an occasional glass of wine. I only take vitamins.



    You?
    So you lost 80 lbs naturally? Good for you. I've broken the 200lb barrier once in my life, my freshman year of college. After my heart condition caused me to slow my working out problem, I'm forced to eat right. I limit my grain intake, try to get organic stuff, and eat a lot of fruit and veggies.

    Everyone needs help though.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    you obviously have never been around people who are forced to eat right, be disciplined not to eat too much and at the same time workout regularly to lose weight.

    this surgery is the easy way out. sit on your ass all day if you want, eat everything you want, at some point your stomach tells you your full and thats it. it doesnt even matter what you eat. dont give me this "he has to watch what he eats" crap. if youre 400 pounds you can eat half the **** you ate before and you'll still lose tons of weight. lets not act like he's eating one apple the whole day. if he really watched what he ate he would have lost tons of weight before without this surgergy. its a simple matter of how much you take in and how much you lose at the end of the day, in terms of calories. i dont think he watched what he was eating, i dont think he's working out regularly. enough with the BS, he didnt want to go through all that ****. and thats fine. good for him he's losing weight, but he could have done all that without the rubber band around his stomach. thats all im saying

  7. #27
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,630
    Post Thanks / Like
    Saying surgery of any type is the easy way out is wrong. It is the last hope of many people. I quit smoking cold turkey after smoking for 20 years, I would never think less of a person's effort because they use a patch to help them quit.

    One thing that will help Rex when the band is removed is that he is around a lot of healthy people that exercise and he has access to great food and exercise equipment for that lifestyle.

    This is one time that I wish Rex all the luck in the world.

    The band will get him to a weight where he will be able to exercise.
    Last edited by patman; 07-20-2012 at 07:20 AM.

  8. #28
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Fr:NYC to Mid Ga.
    Posts
    8,838
    Post Thanks / Like

    Bet you can't guess who this is?

    You're looking good!

  9. #29
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    13,787
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    I have a normal weight for my height having lost 80 lbs almost three years ago. I exercise four or five days per week for about an hour. Mostly cardio with a little Nautilus. I swim a lot in the summer. I eat a relatively low fat/low carb diet with lots of fish and chicken and only red meat on occasion. Pasta is my biggest indulgence. I avoid processed foods and limit my alcohol intake to an occasional glass of wine. I only take vitamins.



    You?
    Mmmm....pasta. That was one of my big downfalls too. During my weight loss, I completely gave up pasta. (I was on a 1500 cal/day for over a year) but since I've been at a comfortable maintenance weight I've brought pasta back into my diet. The best pasta I've found in this...



    It's whole wheat and gives you a largr portion for the same calories as most standard pastas. It's nice being able to enjoy a little pesto now and again.

  10. #30
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,659
    Post Thanks / Like
    My boy Rex is looking so much better. So happy for him.

  11. #31
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    wadeasekund... wadeasekund... wadeasekund... notsoufazt...

    Footbawwll, nutridgeon and wade manadgemend experd daballhawk sayz it dozent count becuz Regs took da eazy way out

  12. #32
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    not to quibble, free but

    it's not whole wheat pasta

  13. #33
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Boston area
    Posts
    4,471
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    I think the point is Rex took the easy way out. Without changing the actual compulsive and addictive behavior that caused him to be morbidly obese, he's doomed to repeat it once the band is removed. And does he really deserve an "atta boy" for having a surgery? I don't see it. What about people who get lipo?
    Of course he needs to stick with better eating habits but I say good for him. Yes, Rex does deserve credit for recognizing that he needed to get healthier AND did something about it. If a procedure helped him toward achieving that goal then all the better. I consider lipo more as a vanity thing as the truly obese don't really benefit from it.

    My oldest brother had gastro bypass surgery 2 years ago and is a now a workout machine...has incredible energy, now runs everyday, did a half marathon. The change in his quality of life has been amazing to see. Some people just need assitance, IMO we shouldn't pile on the folks who actually take steps to get healthier.
    Last edited by PatriotReign; 07-20-2012 at 09:29 AM.

  14. #34
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,659
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    wadeasekund... wadeasekund... wadeasekund... notsoufazt...

    Footbawwll, nutridgeon and wade manadgemend experd daballhawk sayz it dozent count becuz Regs took da eazy way out
    Isn't he a Tebow fan? lol, opinion nullified.

  15. #35
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,685
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    My uncle used to look exactly like the old Rex and was even a few years older, and he did that procedure and looks a lot like the Rex of new. Can't hate on anyone doing something to help himself live longer.
    Kudos to you for this post.

    Too bad Guido had to be his typical trolling self.

  16. #36
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,698
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Kudos to you for this post.

    Too bad Guido had to be his typical trolling self.

    Pshhh, there are more than enough things to troll the Jets about. Training camp's almost here, just gettin' started.

    For the record, there's a short thread on Patsfans about this, and it's almost unanimously saying good things about this and wishing him good health.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 07-20-2012 at 11:07 AM.

  17. #37
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    16,697
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    My oldest brother had gastro bypass surgery 2 years ago and is a now a workout machine...has incredible energy, now runs everyday, did a half marathon. The change in his quality of life has been amazing to see. Some people just need assitance, IMO we shouldn't pile on the folks who actually take steps to get healthier.
    that's awesome, good for your brother

  18. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Kudos to you for this post.

    Too bad Guido had to be his typical trolling self.
    You are such a baby sometimes. Quit your whining and nut up will ya?


    Cripes.

  19. #39
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,685
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    You are such a baby sometimes. Quit your whining and nut up will ya?


    Cripes.
    Isn't it about that time for you to get perma-banned and come back with a 4th user name? Or is it too soon?

  20. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Isn't it about that time for you to get perma-banned and come back with a 4th user name? Or is it too soon?
    Doesn't look that way, but of course I have no control over that. How soon you seem to forget your whiny little poll in a lame attempt to lobby the mods for my banishment. Stop being such a girl.


    Clearly you've gotten tired of picking stupid fights with Ray Ray so you've moved back to me. Quit your stalking and stick to insulting and whining about everything and everybody (but me).

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us