Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: 14 Killed, 50 Wounded in Shooting Colorado Movie Theater

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dead Man Walking supposedly coming up on TRU TV/COURT TV. Doosh.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    I think I have said here before...I was a big lib when I graduated college. Became a cop, saw "the real world" and changed my tune. Mebbe I had to pull the trigger a time or too, I wont say.

We....are a complicated, awful collection of sh*tbirds.

We dress it up, but we are all apes in pants.

-

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

-
    Despite all of our technological achievements, very true. And don't think the aliens don't know this as well....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports View Post
    Cops shoud've shot his ass.
    No. Make him suffer.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is an insult

to apes.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dooshy ex-AZ Senator criticizes victims that they lacked courage to stop the shooting -

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blo...Insider/167107

Russell Pearce questions inaction of Colorado victims
    Mesa Republican Senate candidate Russell Pearce has apparently taken to Facebook to offer his thoughts on the Colorado shooting that claimed the lives of 12 people and injured another 58.

The recalled lawmaker has been a strong supporter of gun rights in Arizona. During his time in the Legislature he successfully changed state law to allow gun owners to carry weapons without a concealed carry permit and unsuccessfully supported efforts to put guns in public buildings and on college campuses.

A lengthy statement was posted Friday on the recalled lawmaker's Facebook page. Pearce did not return calls seeking comment.

Here is the statement in full. It has not been edited by The Arizona Republic in any way.

This is certainly a time for prayers for the victims and the families of victims in this horrific crime in Colorado. I just had a call from a very good friend of mine in San Diego, California who's neice Kim, Kim's best friend Mikayla and Kevin were in the Theater in the front rows. Kim and Kevin got out and as he was trying to get Mikayla out she said she was shot. As the rush of the crowd exiting through the exit door pushed Kevin and Kim out they lost Mikayla.

As of my phone conversation they were not aware of her status. What a heart breaking story. Had someone been prepared and armed they could have stopped this "bad" man from most of this tragedy. He was two and three feet away from folks, I understand he had to stop and reload. Where were the men of flight 93???? Someone should have stopped this man. Someone could have stopped this man. Lives were lost because of a bad man, not because he had a weapon, but because noone was prepared to stop it. Had they been prepared to save their lives or lives of others, lives would have been saved.

All that was needed is one Courages/Brave man prepared mentally or otherwise to stop this it could have been done. When seconds count, police are ony minutes away. My prayers are with all of those suffering from this sensless act, may God be with them in this moment of pain and heartache.

- Republic staff

Saturday, July 21, 2012 at 06:33 PM

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Dooshy ex-AZ Senator criticizes victims that they lacked courage to stop the shooting -

What are you talking about ... didn't you know people are supposed to stop bullets with their hands.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post

Sounds like Marky Mark talking about 9/11.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think I have said here before...I was a big lib when I graduated college. Became a cop, saw "the real world" and changed my tune. Mebbe I had to pull the trigger a time or too, I wont say.

We....are a complicated, awful collection of sh*tbirds.

-
    Which is why owning a gun for your home is , in my opinion, good policy. Imagine a small bomb is detinated at a major power grid. How long are we civilized when we have no running water and no end in sight? I heard a saying, we are 9 meals from total anarchy.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardukis View Post
    Which is why owning a gun for your home is , in my opinion, good policy. Imagine a small bomb is detinated at a major power grid. How long are we civilized when we have no running water and no end in sight? I heard a saying, we are 9 meals from total anarchy.
    This brings up a question I've had in my head for a while for all the gun owners here.....

I've bandied about the idea of getting a gun, primarily home defense (but also perhaps for recreational shooting), but the idea of having a gun in my apartment scares the hell out of me on account of having children around.

You can always have the gun locked up far away from the ammunition, but that pretty much defeats the purpose of having the gun for home defense. So my question is: Are there gun safes that could be fingerprint (or otherwise) activated that would allow you - and you only - quick access to the fire arm when you need it but would keep it safe from anyone else?

Is there a general protocol followed by folks who have children and keep loaded fire arms in the house?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    This brings up a question I've had in my head for a while for all the gun owners here.....

I've bandied about the idea of getting a gun, primarily home defense (but also perhaps for recreational shooting), but the idea of having a gun in my apartment scares the hell out of me on account of having children around.

You can always have the gun locked up far away from the ammunition, but that pretty much defeats the purpose of having the gun for home defense. So my question is: Are there gun safes that could be fingerprint (or otherwise) activated that would allow you - and you only - quick access to the fire arm when you need it but would keep it safe from anyone else?

Is there a general protocol followed by folks who have children and keep loaded fire arms in the house?

================================================== ===

A Biometric safe fills that bill.

https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/im...PtmWbTbAelXPwA

Some of these will fit in your night stand, most of the ones that I have seen do not have the security of a full on safe, but should be adequate to keep the kids away from them and still allow quick access. But I don't think they are secure enough to prevent theft.

As far as protocol for loaded weapons and kids, I think the general rule is not to let the kids have access to them, and to teach them proper gun safety and use at as early of an age as possible. It's kinda like having a pool.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another method is a trigger lock.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just read Christian Bale visited shooting victims today.

Classy thing of him to do.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IHATEDOLPHINS View Post
    Just read Christian Bale visited shooting victims today.

Classy thing of him to do.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    According to the local police, who IMO are very, very squared away, Holmes bought a ticket to the midnight showing of TDKR, and during the first Catwoman scene (people who watched the movie know what scene - I haven't seen the movie), he pretended to go outside the theatre and make a phone call. He propped the door open, took out weapons that he had hidden, threw a smoke grenade of sorts, and started the carnage. This means he walked up BEHIND everyone while he was shooting.

Police responded within 90 seconds, as stated in the news, and he exited the theatre through a side exit door. He stood outside the theatre waiting for police to show up. They are unsure, because he won't talk to anyone, but they believe that he may have wanted to "off" himself, but didn't. He told them that he was the Joker (or something like that) when they arrested him (without incident). The police put bags over his hands to keep the firearm powder residue intact (smart and sharp), to trace to the weapons, and this guy acted like a clown and made puppet scenes with the bags.

"Some people want to watch the world burn." - Michael Caine as Alfred

Nothing is truer than the way this guy is behaving. Had he not told police about his booby trapped apartment, the death toll could have been much, much higher.

My personal opinion: There's more evil to come related to Holmes.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The sad thing is that you know there is another psychopath out there who will be inspired by what Holmes did just as he likley was by previous mass shootings. These nutjobs don't see shame in the endless media coverage, they see it as glorification.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are numerous articles out there, so I will not pick one specific one, but will summarize instead.....

So apparently about a week before the shooting, Holmes mailed detailed drawings/notes/descriptions etc documenting the shooting to one of the professors in the medical school.

It was never delivered to said person, and Holmes recently alerted the authorities about the package.

Just so sick and sad. Just imagine if that package was opened when it was received.

I hate this world, I mean seriously