Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 14 Killed, 50 Wounded in Shooting Colorado Movie Theater

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Awful, disgusting tragedy. Too many idiots who have, seemingly, unchecked access to weapons and explosives (or their makings). Find out who sold this moron the stuff and put them behind bars for 50 years.

As for Brady's comment: I laughed. Does that diminish the impact or horror of these murders? Absolutely not. I've always been a proponent of gallows humor, and find that it's as valid a response as anger or crying. It's just another way a person deals with the emotional response. However, their are times when you must gauge your audience and their timbre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    You absolutely have a right to make as bad a taste joke as you wish.

We, in turn, posess an equal right to say "WTF?" at such a joke.

We all deal with tragedy differently of course, and humour in the face of it is not exactly uncommon. Nor did I find (personally) your joke to be anything but an obvious attempt to be funny in the face of something horrific. To expect understanding for your reaction, and not provide understanding to those offended, is somewhat hypocritical.

With that said, I can see why others might not think it so funny, or appropriate.

A horrific event. I hope the shooter is punished to the highest extent our Law allows. RIP to the victims, and good vibes for recovery to the injured.

For what crime? According to the news radio this morning, the shootesr entire criminal history consistend of.....one speeding ticket.

The only Law that would have stiopped guns being used here would be 100% outlawing of all firearms from all people. And even then, someone willing to shoot 65 people may not have had any problem aquiring an illegal gun to do it with.
    Gents - most everyone with an opinion will take this tragedy and view it from the construct of their personal views - only natural. Impossible not to, really.

If we can resist the impluse to turn this into a political debate and leave that for the appropriate forum, that would be most appreciated. That thread will probably devolve into the usual sides with the appropriate vitriol infused. Lets try to stop this from doing the same.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Gents - most everyone with an opinion will take this tragedy and view it from the construct of their personal views - only natural. Impossible not to, really.

If we can resist the impluse to turn this into a political debate and leave that for the appropriate forum, that would be most appreciated. That thread will probably devolve into the usual sides with the appropriate vitriol infused. Lets try to stop this from doing the same.
    Debbie Downer.

-

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a horrible reminder what kind of evil sh!t exists in this world. Every time I hear this type of news, I lose a bit of hope for humanity...good people can't even even enjoy a movie. The thought that 14 lost there lives and young children are among the injured or killed is disgusting. Unreal!! Imagine, some people are now waking up and finding out they lost a loved one..Nuts!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    CNN reporting that the killer's name is James Holmes. 1 shotgun, 2 handguns, 1 "AK-type" rifle, smoke grenades. FOX reporting killer has no military background.

My guess is the "AK-type" rifle was modified to make it fully-automatic. I do not think you can purchase it as a fully automatic. Maybe someone with more knowledge of gun can enlighten us.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 07-20-2012 at 10:12 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    watch this azzhole try to justify himself in some way by saying he was "inspired" by the Batman villains.

Death would be too much of an easy way out for this piece of trash

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's times like this when I question whether we should allow "cruel and unusual" punishment.

Terrible for the victims and their families.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

For what crime? According to the news radio this morning, the shootesr entire criminal history consistend of.....one speeding ticket.

The only Law that would have stiopped guns being used here would be 100% outlawing of all firearms from all people. And even then, someone willing to shoot 65 people may not have had any problem aquiring an illegal gun to do it with.
    You're right. No legislation will ever fully deter a madman(woman) on a mission of destruction.

I'm of the mindset where I want citizens to be licensed to own guns (hand or rifles) in any state. What I tried to communicate is that I want some sort of significant punishment for those who sell guns/explosives illegally (don't know if this is the case here). Also, although I agree that a citizen should be able to legally own a gun, I am not in favor of a person being allowed to stockpile weapons and ammunition.

EDIT: Sorry, crash. Saw your comment after I posted this. I'm out of the discussion.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's the nut behind the bolt.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not that it matters b.c it doesn't or that anyone feels sorry for movie studios but this probably has cost the studio millions. I imagine people will be scared to go out and see it this weekend. It is sad b.c when we live in fear, these lunatics win.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Not that it matters b.c it doesn't or that anyone feels sorry for movie studios but this probably has cost the studio millions. I imagine people will be scared to go out and see it this weekend. It is sad b.c when we live in fear, these lunatics win.
    I believe the Paris premiere has already been cancelled.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    one of the most @#$@ed up parts of this story is that the mom said she wasn't surprised at all that it was her son who did the shooting. While no one called her to wake her up during the night, when she saw her son's name on the news report, she called in to the police to tell them that "you have the right person".....if the mother wasn't surprised at all, that means she had a damn good feeling that this sort of thing might actually happen...shouldn't she have told someone, anyone, about the possibility of this happening....maybe have gotten her son some psychiatric help?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    It's the nut behind the bolt.
    says the guy pointing a shotgun in his avatar....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Have they figured out how society has wronged this ahole that made him feel he had the right to kill innocent people in a theater?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I believe the Paris premiere has already been cancelled.
    I imagine there will be many more cancellations.

We are lucky here in America. I am not trying to make light of this situation but this tragedy is commonplace in other parts of the world. We hear about something like this happening and we are all shocked, but some people have to live with this sort of stuff every day.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 07-20-2012 at 10:47 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    The other thread says it got killer reviews though.

Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    As mentioned by frenchy...

Ugh! Don't remind me.
    Last edited by jetstream23; 07-20-2012 at 10:43 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Ugh! Don't remind me.
    don't feel bad, like there's anyway you could've known.

But in the future, just play it safe and please refrain from starting any threads

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Ugh! Don't remind me.
    No worries. Just a terrible coincidence.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    Anyone who makes light of this in any sort of medium i.e. forums, twitter, facebook, conversation, anything is just as sick as this guy. If you don't have anything to say to sympathize/empathize with this absolute TRAGEDY, then shut your ****ing mouth.
    You going for the Oscar,take a breath.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    Oh, you're in charge of that kinda thing? Good to know. Despite you being the self appointed arbiter of whether things are in good taste, I'll react to things my you, you react to things you're way, yes?

Grave responses everyone, grave responses, or the dead will be more dead and the wounded will hurt a little bit more!
    No, but you're obviously in the minority here, based on everyone else's reaction as well. Tragedy is barely hours old, and you're making jokes.

Especially callous considering the fact that a baby was injured, and aren't you about to become a father?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    No, but you're obviously in the minority here, based on everyone else's reaction as well. Tragedy is barely hours old, and you're making jokes.

Especially callous considering the fact that a baby was injured, and aren't you about to become a father?
    You do realize you are talking to a guy who named himself after a dude taking it in the tuchus.

Just saying.