Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 14 Killed, 50 Wounded in Shooting Colorado Movie Theater

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    I haven't read through the thread, and I hate to politicize it, but this country has GOT to ban guns. How many more tragic killing sprees is it going to take? How heartbreaking.
    Look at what happened in Florida this week when those two thugs tried to rob the internet cafe and the older patron was carrying a concealed weapon.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Agree to disagree. I'm not gonna get into it here. Leave it for the political forum.
    Good idea.

And please, by all means, start the thread.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just saw that NYPD is placing cops at theatres showing this specific movie. Why? That I don't get.

God Bless the victims of this tragedy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SDJETS View Post
    So the moral of the story is that we're f#$#ed?
    ...i'm hearing he is from San Diego or thats where his mother lives...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't read through the thread, and I hate to politicize it, but this country has GOT to ban guns. How many more tragic killing sprees is it going to take? How heartbreaking.
    That will never happen but for the sake of the argument let's say they were banned. There are already millions and millions of guns in the US. It's not a commoditiy that disappears after it's used. A gun made in 1912 can kill you just as easily as one made in 2012. It'd take 100 years just locate and seize all the ones already out there...we're stuck with gun violence.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Just saw that NYPD is placing cops at theatres showing this specific movie. Why? That I don't get.

God Bless the victims of this tragedy.
    Politics.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Good idea.

And please, by all means, start the thread.
    Already done.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    That will never happen but for the sake of the argument let's say they were banned. There are already millions and millions of guns in the US. It's not a commoditiy that disappears after it's used. A gun made in 1912 can kill you just as easily as one made in 2012. It'd take 100 years just locate and seize all the ones already out there...we're stuck with gun violence.
    I just made a thread in the political forum to discuss this. Let's just leave this thread to talk about the actual event, and not the politics of guns.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I just made a thread in the political forum to discuss this. Let's just leave this thread to talk about the actual event, and not the politics of guns.
    It's very encouraging to see you guys moderate yourselves, I'll never understand why that doesn't happen on the Strip.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Already done.
    Thanks much

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Because God forbid there's a copycat attack or investigation reveals that this nut was part of an organized conspiracy targeting the movie...the NYPD would be beset with hand-wringing second-guessers bellowing about why the NYPD didnt anticipate this.

-

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    It's very encouraging to see you guys moderate yourselves, I'll never understand why that doesn't happen on the Strip.
    Kindly PM me a mod application.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed although there are only so many ways to express your shock, sadness and anger about the event before the conversation evolves.

I'm curious- was there a police detail there for crowd control as it was a late screening of a predicted blockbuster? The cops on this board have undoubtedly been trained in active shooter. If there was cop(s) there no setting up a perimeter and waiting for SWAT like the old days. We're trained to go in there and immediately engage the suspect with supressive or neutralizing fire. The sad irony is that this change in tactical philosophy was a direct result of Columbine.

From what little I've read they apprehended the shooter in the parking lot so I'm guessing none of them were on the scene to engage(?)
    Last edited by PatriotReign; 07-20-2012 at 12:58 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haven't read the whole thread but this country has GOT to support freedom of gun ownership and strong background checks to allow law-abiding citizens to protect themselves against people who, because of their very nature, will do anything (legal or illegal) to obtain weapons. If only some off-duty cop or guy with a concealed carry permit could have been there to take this guy out after he shot his first victim.
    Last edited by jetstream23; 07-20-2012 at 12:56 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Because God forbid there's a copycat attack or investigation reveals that this nut was part of an organized conspiracy targeting the movie...the NYPD would be beset with hand-wringing second-guessers bellowing about why the NYPD didnt anticipate this.

-
    Anticipating the hand wrining or not, now that you bring it up, the copycat potential or conspiracy (as unlikely as it seems) seem to be a valid enough concerns that warrants vigilance.

Better than hanging out at the Goomar's place for 4 hrs at a pop like in Nassau, ya?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's because the people on the Strip are crazy, certified wackos!

The Hampur....it's where you come for sanity and rationale conversation.

#boobs

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Agree completely. Personally, I was not offended by the comment and understand his intent. Brady is one of the best/most stand up people we have on JI.
    +1....I mean he's all that, even though he's a wang-sniffing mouth breather.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2foolish197 View Post
    ...i'm hearing he is from San Diego or thats where his mother lives...
    Yup, from a super upscale neighborhood and top area school: http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/...d-high-school/

Not that it really matters...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    +1....I mean he's all that, even though he's a wang-sniffing mouth breather.
    If he breathes through his mouth how does he sniff wangs?

(Jets Things wants to know)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    They're terrified of us in the hampur. The smart visitors walk around on egg shells careful to not start a hampur retaliation.