Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: 14 Killed, 50 Wounded in Shooting Colorado Movie Theater

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    I know you're shocked that 71 people were shot. But look at it that 71 people survived. That an incredible rate. God bless these people.
    Didn't 12 of those 71 die?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    I know you're shocked that 71 people were shot. But look at it that 71 people survived. That an incredible rate. God bless these people.
    14 are dead now I believe.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    It's insane that this type of weapon can be purchased legally. A civilian need nothing other than a handgun. And personally, I don't even think that should be available to the public but that's another story
    No reason for civilians to have automatic assault weapons or access to high-capacity magazines. Law enforcement and military personnel only. I am OK with handguns and shotguns but they should be left at home. If you think you need an assault rifle where you live then you shouldn't be living there.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    You'll get my fork when you pry it out of my cold, dead, cellulite-bloated fingers!

lol; freestater gonna love that.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post
    The American people have spoken time and time again on this issue, and unfortunately they do not want any kind of gun control. The Republicans and the NRA have won.
    I think the Republicans are a minority.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    lol; freestater gonna love that.
    lol.

"Come git some."

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    That will never happen but for the sake of the argument let's say they were banned. There are already millions and millions of guns in the US. It's not a commoditiy that disappears after it's used. A gun made in 1912 can kill you just as easily as one made in 2012. It'd take 100 years just locate and seize all the ones already out there...we're stuck with gun violence.
    You are correct, the guns are already out there, like it or not.

The tired cliche "only the bad guys will have guns" would turn out to be a truism.

Ironically, more armed folks...would have meant less victims here, much like the LIRR COlin Ferguson massacre.

Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    This is actually something that's upsetting me. Maybe I've watched too movies, but what if he's just trying to steer police and FBI attention away from something else? Something bigger? Maybe he wasn't acting alone?

Mind bendingly disturbing...
    Brad Thors latest book, Full Black has a plot easily similar. Imagine a terrorist group doing this in 20 cities simultaneous. Scary.

This guy bought all 3 of these weapons in a six week period from May 22- July 6. Is it unreasonable to expect that there should be a system in place capable of flagging that type of activity? I dropped my credit card at a merit self serve station once and had messages on my answering machine from the credit co. by the time I returned home that evening.

The story of Jessica Ghawi who died in this mess struck me, I can't imagine what was going thru her mind. God help all those people.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by movethechains View Post
    This guy bought all 3 of these weapons in a six week period from May 22- July 6. Is it unreasonable to expect that there should be a system in place capable of flagging that type of activity? I dropped my credit card at a merit self serve station once and had messages on my answering machine from the credit co. by the time I returned home that evening.

The story of Jessica Ghawi who died in this mess struck me, I can't imagine what was going thru her mind. God help all those people.
    Heard that tonight. She was hit and down and the mothr fukr put one in her head. This doosh deserves special treatment.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Ironically, more armed folks...would have meant less victims here, much like the LIRR COlin Ferguson massacre.

That's pretty speculative. Picture: gunfire erupts in a dark movie theater. Armed patrons pull out their pistols looking around wildly for someone with a gun. There's one. Hey, there's another one. **** there's another one. They all start shooting. And of course when the cops show up, any and ALL people with guns look like shooters to them. More armed folks could just as easily have made it even more of a tragedy than it was.
    Last edited by BushyTheBeaver; 07-20-2012 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Didn't 12 of those 71 die?
    71 lived. A 3 month year old got shot and survived. This asshoIe could have killed the whole theater.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Mardukis View Post
    Brad Thors latest book, Full Black has a plot easily similar. Imagine a terrorist group doing this in 20 cities simultaneous. Scary.
    When those random shootings took place in the DC/Maryland area about 10 years ago, I thought the same thing. If stuff like what happened the other night or random snipers started targeting people in multiple cities, you probably bring the country to a grinding halt.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    That's pretty speculative. Picture: gunfire erupts in a dark movie theater. Armed patrons pull out their pistols looking around wildly for someone with a gun. There's one. Hey, there's another one. **** there's another one. They all start shooting. And of course when the cops show up, any and ALL people with guns look like shooters to them. More armed folks could just as easily have made it even more of a tragedy than it was.
    You bring up a reasonable point however we don't have to speculate what would happen if an armed maniac started shooting in a theater full of (apparently) unarmed people....we know what happened.

A co worker on my job always says that its better to be the sheepdog than the sheep off duty. I used to feel a little goofy when carrying off duty to perform simple errands but that's changed over the years...sadly.

Hall Of Fame
    You bring up a reasonable point however we don't have to speculate what would happen if an armed maniac started shooting in a theater full of (apparently) unarmed people....we know what happened.

A co worker on my job always says that its better to be the sheepdog than the sheep off duty. I used to feel a little goofy when carrying off duty to perform simple errands but that's changed over the years...sadly.
    And I thank you for that. You guys are trained to handle the gun and situations and us civilians benefit from that.

My cousin is a cop and he hates carrying off duty but he says he feels a responsibility to do so. Luckily he has never had to use it.

Sadly, this is the world we live in. You never know what is going to happen. People are unpredictable.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    When those random shootings took place in the DC/Maryland area about 10 years ago, I thought the same thing. If stuff like what happened the other night or random snipers started targeting people in multiple cities, you probably bring the country to a grinding halt.
    It is amazing. If you noticed, a lot of stocks went down yesterday. These events have widespread effects. Especially since our economy is very fragile now, the littlest thing can have severe consequences. Its summer, tourist season, people get scared and they stay home.

Excellent attitude.

We always have to remember that those who are trusted to carry, are expected to protect us.

There are people who become lazy about their pistols, too large, sharp, inconvenient during the summer, whatever, but there are always alternatives.

My co-worker went to a McDonalds with his two daughters (9 and 11), and while they were in there the place was robbed. He didn't carry a pistol that day.

Two months later he was at an Italian restaurant with his family, and it gets robbed again. He didn't have his pistol again, and while the shots were fired he just threw his girls and his wife under the table and laid on top of them. No one was injured (thankfully), but he didn't learn his lesson from the first time.

Now the guy rolls armed no matter what he does.

Let us all not stop living our lives because of one man. Once you stop doing that, these people who just want to watch world burn win.

My thoughts, prayers and condolences to all affected in Colorado.

I feel naked if I dont have it on me now. It might be weird, and I may be sick in the head for doing it, but I always run scenarios in my head where I go. Going out to eat, the supermarket, movie theatre. I find myself thinking what would happen if a crazed man walks in, from what angle I can take him out, where the exits are. My wife looks at me sometimes and asks me what I'm thinking about. I always tell her nothing.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    You dismiss my post as pretty speculative then roll right into your own pretty speculative scenario, no?

Pretty much every eyewitness account I've heard here so far (and admittedly I havent heard them all) puts this guy as easily identifiable and visible as the shooter, even with the gas.

My comments do assume one thing; That this coward never would have done this had he thought there was even one person with a gun in that theatre to oppose him, much like I believe Colin Ferguson (another coward) never would have walked methodically through an LIRR car shooting people in the head had he believed there would be another armed person on the train to oppose him. He expected and planned for sheep...and he got them.

They both planned for sheep.

-

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    You dismiss my post as pretty speculative then roll right into your own pretty speculative scenario, no?

Pretty much every eyewitness account I've heard here so far (and admittedly I havent heard them all) puts this guy as easily identifiable and visible as the shooter, even with the gas.

My comments do assume one thing; That this coward never would have done this had he thought there was even one person with a gun in that theatre to oppose him, much like I believe Colin Ferguson (another coward) never would have walked methodically through an LIRR car shooting people in the head had he believed there would be another armed person on the train to oppose him. He expected and planned for sheep...and he got them.

They both planned for sheep.

-
    The gas would be the problem. He wore complete body armor, but amidst the chaos, a composed vet could blow his head open from at least 25 yards if he had the opportunity. No armor in the gasmask. If you hit him twice in the body armor and he didn't react, you should know to aim for center mass of the head. You could do that all in under 3 seconds from first trigger pull to final head shot.

The guy is a coward for sure. Why doesn't he go to a police station and try that?

He's no different than any terrorist. Worse, even, since he had every opportunity in this country to make something of himself.