Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 14 Killed, 50 Wounded in Shooting Colorado Movie Theater

Jets Insider VIP

Exclamation 14 Killed, 50 Wounded in Shooting Colorado Movie Theater

What the ****

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/20/us/col...html?hpt=hp_t1

(CNN) -- At least 14 people were killed and 50 were wounded when a gunman opened fire during an early Friday morning screening of the new Batman movie at an Aurora, Colorado, theater, Police Chief Dan Oates told reporters.
    The man suspected of opening fire on the crowded theater was taken into custody, Oates said.
    The heavily armed suspect, who was wearing a bulletproof vest, was apprehended by police in a parking lot at the theater, Frank Fania, a police spokesman told CNN. The identity of the suspect has not immediately been released.
    "We do no have evidence of a second gunman," Oates said.
    Of the wounded, at least 20 were being treated at the University of Colorado Hospital, said spokeswoman Jacque Montgomery. All of the wounded suffered from gunshot wounds, which ranged from minor to critical, she said.
    "They're arriving by police, by ambulance. Some are walking in," she said.
    The shooting incident occurred during the showing of "The Dark Knight Rises" at the Century Aurora 16 theater, police and witnesses said.
    "We saw people running around and screaming," a man, who was not identified, told KUSA.
    He said there was confusion in the theater when the shooting began because many believed the sound of gunfire was coming from the movie next door.
    Oates said that the suspect used some sort of "smoke device" before opening fire in the theater.
    Witnesses, however, told KUSA that the gunman kicked in an emergency exit door and threw a smoke bomb into the darkened theater before opening fire.

Unreal. Even going to movie theaters now a days is dangerous.

All Pro
    More of a Spiderman guy I guess?

Hall Of Fame
    20 miles from Columbine.

WTF is wrong with these people.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 07-20-2012 at 07:23 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    More of a Spiderman guy I guess?
    Wow, seriously? I heard reports that even a baby was shot as well.
    Nice going.

Jets Insider VIP
    Holy crap!!! WTF is wrong with people? What a tragedy. Unbelievable.

Hall Of Fame
    Check that. Youngest victim is a 3 month old baby. Baby is in fair condition though.

Who brings a 3 mo old baby to a movie theater?

All League
    This incident is yet another confirmation that sh!t can happen anywhere. Another reason to carry more off the job...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Wow, seriously? I heard reports that even a baby was shot as well.
    Nice going.
    Oh, you're in charge of that kinda thing? Good to know. Despite you being the self appointed arbiter of whether things are in good taste, I'll react to things my you, you react to things you're way, yes?

Grave responses everyone, grave responses, or the dead will be more dead and the wounded will hurt a little bit more!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    This incident is yet another confirmation that sh!t can happen anywhere. Another reason to carry more off the job...
    I was thinking about that. Im not sure if this makes me pro gun control or anti gun control. But this is not the time for politics.

Veteran
    That's horrible! What the hell is wrong with people?

Those poor families.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    Oh, you're in charge of that kinda thing? Good to know. Despite you being the self appointed arbiter of whether things are in good taste, I'll react to things my you, you react to things you're way, yes?

Grave responses everyone, grave responses, or the dead will be more dead and the wounded will hurt a little bit more!
    Dude.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Dude.
    Yes dude?

My point is that of course this is a senseless tragedy, and the loss of these lives and the injuries to innocent movie goers is an awful thing.

What's posted in teh Hampur concerning the situation does not change anything one way or the other. But you be the 30th person to point out the obvious if it makes you feel better. I'll make a bad joke about the psychopath who did this.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I was thinking about that. Im not sure if this makes me pro gun control or anti gun control. But this is not the time for politics.
    It's the nut behind the bolt.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Unreal. Even going to movie theaters now a days is dangerous.
    I remember when Godfather 3 came out, Christmas Eve my wife and I went to see it and there was a shooting inside another theater. This is nuts.

Your 3 posts in this thread reek of someone craving attention and needing a little morning altercation.

By the way, do you live in colorodo?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Unbelievable, my son went to an after midnight showing of this movie this morning, you would like to think you don't have to worry about your kids getting shot at the movies. My prayers for those killed and hurt.

btw, Brady, just leave it alone why compound the reaction to your remark?

Jets Insider VIP
    My heart goes out to the victims. So sad that our legal system will not result in this scumbag being offed in a timely manner.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    My heart goes out to the victims. So sad that our legal system will not result in this scumbag being offed in a timely manner.
    Yeah, but we have a legal system.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    Your 3 posts in this thread reek of someone craving attention and needing a little morning altercation.

By the way, do you live in colorodo?
    This guy gets it!

Didn't mean to actually offend, but still "don't get the outrage". In any case, despite being evil incarnate and a classeless attention hound, I'm happily headed out of town for the weekend for guy's weekend of poker, drinking, go kart racing, football throwing, swimming, and lots of inappropriate jokes.

Should you see a headline that reads "8 mouth-breathers gunned down in SW Virginia cabin, including 1 tasteless Hampur poster", please feel free to post snarky comments immediately!