Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 14 Killed, 50 Wounded in Shooting Colorado Movie Theater

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Yeah, but we have a legal system.
    True, but this instance is one of those extreme cases that the stone age middle eastern countries would actually get it right. This guy would be executed in a week, not 20 years, or even worse life in prison.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    True, but this instance is one of those extreme cases that the stone age middle eastern countries would actually get it right. This guy would be executed in a week, not 20 years, or even worse life in prison.
    Not arguing, not in this thread. Yet they have the biggest gap between rich and poor and treat there women like 3rd class citizens.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Exactly. Those countries do not get everything wrong. Not sure is Colorado has the death penalty but even if they do, this guy is going to be on death row for at least 10 years. All paid for by us. And god knows how much it costs to keep a lunatic like this for a life sentence. Give him his fair trial which everyone is entitled to - no matter what they do - and make this swift.

But that is now what is important now. Those poor victims and their families need to be addressed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    Yes dude?

My point is that of course this is a senseless tragedy, and the loss of these lives and the injuries to innocent movie goers is an awful thing.

What's posted in teh Hampur concerning the situation does not change anything one way or the other. But you be the 30th person to point out the obvious if it makes you feel better. I'll make a bad joke about the psychopath who did this.
    So thread must be about you?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sadly this POS will die in from natural causes on 'death row' not from lethal injection. 15- 25 years of appeals and mental health evaluations not to mention when was the last time CO. executed anyone?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Not arguing, not in this thread. Yet they have the biggest gap between rich and poor and treat there women like 3rd class citizens.
    Yeah I know, it is terrible overall. Believe me, I am by no means advocating their overall system or assbackwards views.

But they do get some crap right.
    Last edited by Ruby2; 07-20-2012 at 08:47 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes dude?

My point is that of course this is a senseless tragedy, and the loss of these lives and the injuries to innocent movie goers is an awful thing.

What's posted in teh Hampur concerning the situation does not change anything one way or the other. But you be the 30th person to point out the obvious if it makes you feel better. I'll make a bad joke about the psychopath who did this.
    I don't have a problem with the gallows humor...I didn't infer that you somehow cared less about the victims because you posted a hampur like quip in the hamper. Its not exactly unchartered territory, I remember a thread where people joked about an open season ticket because a fan suffered a fatal heart attack in front of his little kid at a game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    This guy gets it!

Didn't mean to actually offend, but still "don't get the outrage". In any case, despite being evil incarnate and a classeless attention hound, I'm happily headed out of town for the weekend for guy's weekend of poker, drinking, go kart racing, football throwing, swimming, and lots of inappropriate jokes.

Should you see a headline that reads "8 mouth-breathers gunned down in SW Virginia cabin, including 1 tasteless Hampur poster", please feel free to post snarky comments immediately!
    I though the comment was in bad taste too considering the circumstances.

But with that said, I've been guilty of the same at times and... this is the Hampur. Being over the top or crossing the line is common. So I think we should definitely cut BAC some slack here.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone who makes light of this in any sort of medium i.e. forums, twitter, facebook, conversation, anything is just as sick as this guy. If you don't have anything to say to sympathize/empathize with this absolute TRAGEDY, then shut your ****ing mouth.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, you're in charge of that kinda thing? Good to know. Despite you being the self appointed arbiter of whether things are in good taste, I'll react to things my you, you react to things you're way, yes?

Grave responses everyone, grave responses, or the dead will be more dead and the wounded will hurt a little bit more!
    You have fallen victim to the JI Double Standard... There are negative post/comments made all the time, but we pick and choose what they want to take offense of... I understand that your comment wasn't intended to downplay the severity of the situation... I'm assuming an attempt to shine a little light on a dark situation(crazy attempt but it is what it is)... Meanwhile.......... I hope this tragedy does not start a trend of shooting sprees... It seems as though every time some crime of this magnitude occurs similar incidents follow... God willing, I hope not... I also wonder if this incident will affect opening day sales for this movie across the country...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    Anyone who makes light of this in any sort of medium i.e. forums, twitter, facebook, conversation, anything is just as sick as this guy. If you don't have anything to say to sympathize/empathize with this absolute TRAGEDY, then shut your ****ing mouth.
    Just as sick as the mass murderer? Drama much?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This guy gets it!

Didn't mean to actually offend, but still "don't get the outrage". In any case, despite being evil incarnate and a classeless attention hound, I'm happily headed out of town for the weekend for guy's weekend of poker, drinking, go kart racing, football throwing, swimming, and lots of inappropriate jokes.

Should you see a headline that reads "8 mouth-breathers gunned down in SW Virginia cabin, including 1 tasteless Hampur poster", please feel free to post snarky comments immediately!
    "Must've been more of a teetotalling pinochle guy"

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awful, disgusting tragedy. Too many idiots who have, seemingly, unchecked access to weapons and explosives (or their makings). Find out who sold this moron the stuff and put them behind bars for 50 years.

As for Brady's comment: I laughed. Does that diminish the impact or horror of these murders? Absolutely not. I've always been a proponent of gallows humor, and find that it's as valid a response as anger or crying. It's just another way a person deals with the emotional response. However, their are times when you must gauge your audience and their timbre.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, you're in charge of that kinda thing? Good to know. Despite you being the self appointed arbiter of whether things are in good taste, I'll react to things my you, you react to things you're way, yes?

Grave responses everyone, grave responses, or the dead will be more dead and the wounded will hurt a little bit more!
    WOW! You really don't know when to shut up. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Be a grown up already.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Everybody relaz.

This is why I stopped going to Green Acres.

RIP

-

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see GMC has hacked into JI again.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im surprised he did not kill himself. Usually, these types of crimes end up as murder/suicides.

God bless those who lost their lives while they were just trying to be entertained for 2 hours. So sad.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes dude?

You absolutely have a right to make as bad a taste joke as you wish.

We, in turn, posess an equal right to say "WTF?" at such a joke.

We all deal with tragedy differently of course, and humour in the face of it is not exactly uncommon. Nor did I find (personally) your joke to be anything but an obvious attempt to be funny in the face of something horrific. To expect understanding for your reaction, and not provide understanding to those offended, is somewhat hypocritical.

With that said, I can see why others might not think it so funny, or appropriate.

A horrific event. I hope the shooter is punished to the highest extent our Law allows. RIP to the victims, and good vibes for recovery to the injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Awful, disgusting tragedy. Too many idiots who have, seemingly, unchecked access to weapons and explosives (or their makings). Find out who sold this moron the stuff and put them behind bars for 50 years.
    For what crime? According to the news radio this morning, the shootesr entire criminal history consistend of.....one speeding ticket.

The only Law that would have stiopped guns being used here would be 100% outlawing of all firearms from all people. And even then, someone willing to shoot 65 people may not have had any problem aquiring an illegal gun to do it with.
    Last edited by Warfish; 07-20-2012 at 09:46 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    I though the comment was in bad taste too considering the circumstances.

But with that said, I've been guilty of the same at times and... this is the Hampur. Being over the top or crossing the line is common. So I think we should definitely cut BAC some slack here.
    The other thread says it got killer reviews though.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    As mentioned by frenchy...