Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Five Pats rookies fail physicals

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    This is bigger than people think. What happened to the gravitas of Belichick? He must have told his players to spend the offseason working out, and FOUR of them (I won't count the one who was injured) failed their conditioning test? I'm not saying he's losing his team, but he doesn't have them how he used to.

I'm convinced that you, regen, and "child please" are all the same poster.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Fixation

I hat the damn Pats as much as anyone here, but there are times we should just leave it alone.

We gripe about them turning every thread that we have into a Pats thread and then we start one about a 7th rounder and four undrafted free agents.

I know it's summer and it's slow but some pitches we have too let go by.

Yes they should be in shape as they are literally running for their NFL lives, but the same thing happended to Mcknight during mini camp, and it's a hell of a lot more embarassing for this to happen to a 4th rounder than a 7th and a few training camp fodder guys.

Just my .02

tj
    Last edited by tahoejet; 07-20-2012 at 11:16 AM. Reason: spelling

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    LOL..great draft picks ha !!

Patriots rookies reported to Gillette Stadium at 8 a.m. Thursday to get training camp under way, and five players promptly made a poor impression by way of reportedly failing their physicals. Howard Balzer of SiriusXM NFL radio, among other outlets, reported via Twitter that seventh-round draft pick Jeremy Ebert, a wide receiver, plus undrafted players Justin Francis, a defensive lineman, receiver Matt Roark, and offensive linemen Jeremiah Warren and Markus Zusevics failed their physicals. It could be that the players didn't pass the team conditioning test, which is pretty tough: 20 timed sprints of 60 yards (skill players), 50 yards (tight ends, fullbacks, and linebackers), or 40 yards (linemen).

It seems that only one was a draft pick - a 7th. You think a 7th round WR is making the Pats?
    I'd be more worried about Revis showing up. Last time he didn't he was sub par.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    I'm convinced that you, regen, and "child please" are all the same poster.
    And I'm convinced you won't be posting here after your Patsies go 9-7 this season and finish third in the division.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    And I'm convinced you won't be posting here after your Patsies go 9-7 this season and finish third in the division.
    That's too f'n funny.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    SCAN THE BOARD!!! (oh the ironing)
    Ummm....the 2 minute time differential between posts might indicate that he posted as I was typing. N'est pas?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the Pats' go 9-7, that means the AFC East division winner will likely have a 9-7 record. I'm not convinced anyone else in the division is capable of double digit wins.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is bigger than people think. What happened to the gravitas of Belichick? He must have told his players to spend the offseason working out, and FOUR of them (I won't count the one who was injured) failed their conditioning test? I'm not saying he's losing his team, but he doesn't have them how he used to.

They did not fail a conditioning drill they failed a physical.

Ebert got hurt in mini-camp
    Markus Zusevics won't be able to play at all this year as he tore a pec during the combine.
    The kid from Rutgers, Francis is a surprise as most media type had him as the surprise of mini camp.
    Warren and Roak I have no idea. Warren was their #1 FA target as he got the biggest SB

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    And you base this on the #of candles you lit at church?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Did any of them throw up?
    BORING! BORING!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ummm...ok.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you kidding? This is probably Belichick making an example of a bunch of nobodies to send a message to the rest of the team to take nothing for granted.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    That prediction doesn't surprise me, Prisco is an idiot. 9-7*, mark my words. The decline of Tom Brady will come quicker than most people realize. I've been watching this game for a long time and have an eye for these things. I said it before and I'll say it again: Sanchez will have a better 2012 than Brady.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Pats are gonna win a lot of games. The Jets can only control 2 of them. The Jets can only win the division if they win lots and lots of games (12+).

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Pats are gonna win a lot of games. The Jets can only control 2 of them. The Jets can only win the division if they win lots and lots of games (12+).
    You're right, I expect Buffalo to win 10 or so games this season, so by my count the Jets need at least 11 wins. That has nothing to do with the fact that Brady is starting his decline now and 11 wins for the Pats will be a real stretch. Not impossible, but not a given like it has been.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brady is losing it. Eternal Champion has an eye for these things.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    This thread should be dumped, but it will bumped as often as possible.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanPatsFan View Post

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brady is losing it. Eternal Champion has an eye for these things.
    I can speak for all true Jets fans when I say that you all have had a fun ride but it's over. Enjoy the middle of the pack for a few years and then your "rebuilding".