Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Johnathan Scott

Johnathan Scott

Pittsburg Steelers have released OT Johnathan Scott. Any Takers. I myself would love this pickup.

PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Steelers have released veteran offensive tackle Jonathan Scott.

The 29-year-old Scott started 14 games and three playoff games during his two seasons with the Steelers. Scott became expendable when Pittsburgh selected Ohio State tackle Mike Adams in the second round of the 2012 NFL Draft and re-signed veteran Max Starks earlier this week.

Scott, a fifth-round pick by the Detroit Lions in the 2006 Draft, played two years with the Lions and two more with the Buffalo Bills before signing with Pittsburgh before the 2010 season.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Take a looksy, $ ?

foolish not to take a look

Jets Insider VIP
    Couldn't hurt to check him out.

This is why I said a few weeks ago that I didn't think our starting RT in 2012 was on the roster yet.

Veteran
    I wouldn't take a look even if he is from TEXAS where we breed NFL caliber players... As valuable as the OL position is, I'm wondering why a veteran OT was cut for a rookie OT... Being that Sporano has experience as an OL position coach, I think he believes in Hunter... I'm willing to believe the same...

Steelers released OT Jonathan Scott.
    Scott was severely overmatched as a desperation five-game starter when Max Starks was released prior to the 2011 season opener. Now that Starks has been brought back as insurance for rookie Mike Adams, Scott was a luxury at $2.2 million. The Steelers can use that money to bridge the gap on Mike Wallace's multi-year deal. Jul 19 - 4:35 PM

Source: Jason LaCanfora on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonJET View Post
    I wouldn't take a look even if he is from TEXAS where we breed NFL caliber players... As valuable as the OL position is, I'm wondering why a veteran OT was cut for a rookie OT... Being that Sporano has experience as an OL position coach, I think he believes in Hunter... I'm willing to believe the same...
    he was released because his play wasn't worth his price tag.

but as a depth guy and someone to push Hunter, why not?

Jets Insider VIP
    Sparano won't know anything for sure until after TC starts and then into the pre-season. OTA's mean very little in that respect.

Veteran
    I don't believe in Hunter but I would be thrilled to be wrong.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... 10000000% i bring him in for a look ...

... Scott & just about anyone else > wet pile of $h*t > Hunter ...

l_j_r

Jets Insider VIP
    FTR, Scott was ranked #60 out of 76 OT's last season.

bring him in for a look, guys can go down w injuries in TC, and even if he's not better than what we have, down the road we may need him

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Im pretty sure it had to deal with his performance more so than the money... see below....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post

Red face

Per what ranking? And where did Hunter rank?

All Pro
    Does he believe in Hunter's backup?

Where was Hunter?

Even a marginal improvement at RT has the potential to ripple through the right side of the line, from TE to C and hell, even blocking backs you can now send out on routes slightly more often.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackleem View Post
    Where was Hunter?
    Where was Hunter?

According to Pro Football Focus, no tackle allowed more quarterback hits and only two allowed more sacks than Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    Where was Hunter?

According to Pro Football Focus, no tackle allowed more quarterback hits and only two allowed more sacks than Hunter.
    61 out of 75 in this ranking:

2011 Pass Blocking Efficiency, Offensive Tackles, Bottom 20
    http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...nsive-tackles/

#NameTeamPass Block SnapsTotal Pressure AllowedPBE56Jeremy BridgesARZ3192693.357Sean LocklearWAS2051793.358Jeromey ClarySD6215693.059J'Marcus Webb
    CHI5494892.960Levi BrownARZ6205692.8 61Wayne Hunter NYJ 6045492.862 Barry RichardsonKC5525092.863Kareem McKenzieNYG6265992.764Jammal BrownWAS4634392.565Rodger SaffoldSL3593292.566Jeremy TruebloodTB5965992.467Brandon KeithARZ3213192.468Marc ColomboMIA5435392.369Marshall NewhouseGB5445492.270Jonathan ScottPIT2032091.971Guy WhimperJAX4724891.672James CarpenterSEA3113391.673Lance LouisCHI3473891.274Sam BakerATL2422890.975David DiehlNYG2463090.4
    Last edited by JetsNeedNewton; 07-20-2012 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    Where was Hunter?

FWIW, Football Outsiders has Hunter right in the middle of the pack as a run blocker.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... been checking out the steelers messageboards ...

... most of them are very happy about this ...

... seems like they feel the same way about Scott that we feel about Hunter ... ... must say i was hoping to see even marginal remorse over him being cut to free up money so they can keep Mike Wallace ... unfortunately not the case ...

... come on more RT cuts! ...

l_j_r