Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 820

Thread: Revisiting Gun Laws in the U.S.

  1. #341
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    5,086
    Was at the grocery store yesterday and was talking to the gal that works the gun counter. she said sales have picked up from a 5 gun a day average to 25+ since the news out of Newton. They are getting lots of calls asking if they have any AR's

    Was reading online that the FBI/NICS phone line is giving the all lines are busy response, and gun sales are up every where.

    Also read where Dick Sporting Goods has pulled all thre AR's from the shelves, due to the Newton massacre.

  2. #342
    Plagiarist Joe circa 2008.

    http://youtu.be/XcyLeOm6yGc

    I'm guessing he's "evolved".....

  3. #343
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,190
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    Was at the grocery store yesterday and was talking to the gal that works the gun counter. she said sales have picked up from a 5 gun a day average to 25+ since the news out of Newton. They are getting lots of calls asking if they have any AR's
    Makes sense.

    Airline ticket sales tick up after hijackings.

  4. #344
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,701
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    Was at the grocery store yesterday and was talking to the gal that works the gun counter. she said sales have picked up from a 5 gun a day average to 25+ since the news out of Newton. They are getting lots of calls asking if they have any AR's
    .
    Hang on... There's a gun counter in the grocery store? We can't even buy booze in NJ grocery stores.

  5. #345
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    3,676
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Paul Blart. Mall Cop.

    I fail to understand the reason that someone willing to kill themselves would be afraid of getting killed.

    Who knows.
    Not afraid of getting killed. Afraid of getting caught.

  6. #346
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    5,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Hang on... There's a gun counter in the grocery store? We can't even buy booze in NJ grocery stores.

    ================================================

    The store is Called Fred Meyers, it is a chain store that is like an upscale Walmart, they sale everything.

  7. #347
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,190
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    Not afraid of getting killed. Afraid of getting caught.
    Gotcha.

    I always wondered why police in the US never got fired on. Makes sense now.

  8. #348
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    3,676
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Gotcha.

    I always wondered why police in the US never got fired on. Makes sense now.
    Your lumping violent criminals in with murderous, suicidal psychopaths. This kid's design was shock and outrage and horror attached to his own death. Guys robbing a bank want to get away.

  9. #349
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    5,086
    Was just now browsing around the fire arms forum I use to get a lot of the drivel I post here.

    There is a serious rush on all things guns going on, in particular Hi Cap Magazines and Ammo, throughout the NW and even the online stores are running out of stock.

    Ironic.

  10. #350
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,190
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    This kid's design was shock and outrage and horror attached to his own death. Guys robbing a bank want to get away.
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    Not afraid of getting killed. Afraid of getting caught.
    Yeah.



    OK.




  11. #351
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,194
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    Was at the grocery store yesterday and was talking to the gal that works the gun counter. she said sales have picked up from a 5 gun a day average to 25+ since the news out of Newton. They are getting lots of calls asking if they have any AR's

    Was reading online that the FBI/NICS phone line is giving the all lines are busy response, and gun sales are up every where.

    Also read where Dick Sporting Goods has pulled all thre AR's from the shelves, due to the Newton massacre.
    Goes to show you how the public feels about guns. I think most people will publicly advocate more bans and regulations but I think that is b.c they want to be politically correct.

    Americans want guns. And in spite of what the media wants you to think, it is not just Republicans.

  12. #352
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    3,676
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Yeah.



    OK.



    You're making my point, not sure why you're rolling your eyes. We're not talking about bank robbers, we're talking about mass murders. Why aren't you getting this?

  13. #353
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Boston area
    Posts
    4,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    We can't even fund enough teachers for school. We are broke we don't have the money for another layer of Jack Booted government thugs.

    I like the logic more big government means we need more fire power to protect us from the tyrany of more big government.
    Thanks for enlightening me...I had no idea the government was gunning down mall shoppers, movies goers and first graders. I like the logic of not giving an answer to a simple question and passing it off as an answer. Once again what is your suggestion to make the schools safer? Smarmy quips about the tyrannical government isn't exactly a suggestion.

  14. #354
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,190
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    You're making my point, not sure why you're rolling your eyes. We're not talking about bank robbers, we're talking about mass murders. Why aren't you getting this?
    I didn't make your point.

    You're talking out of both sides if your mouth.


    Sent from a phone using an app

  15. #355
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    3,676
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    I didn't make your point.

    You're talking out of both sides if your mouth.


    Sent from a phone using an app
    I'm not. Maybe you're just not understanding me. It's ok.

  16. #356
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,190
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    I'm not. Maybe you're just not understanding me. It's ok.
    People robbing a bank are afraid to get caught.

    Mass murderers are afraid to get caught.

    Right?


    Sent from a phone using an app

  17. #357
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    3,676
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    People robbing a bank are afraid to get caught.

    Mass murderers are afraid to get caught.

    Right?


    Sent from a phone using an app
    Ok. But this kid wanted to die, not get shot and possibly survive. When armed confrontation was imminent, he shot himself in the head. No chance of getting shot by a cop, incapacitated, and surviving.

    You and I aren't on the same page or I'm not explaining myself right. It happens. It's cool.

  18. #358
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,190
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    Ok. But this kid wanted to die, not get shot and possibly survive. When armed confrontation was imminent, he shot himself in the head. No chance of getting shot by a cop, incapacitated, and surviving.

    You and I aren't on the same page or I'm not explaining myself right. It happens. It's cool.
    So. If he didnt want to get shot and survive, how would having armed people at the school stop him?


    Sent from a phone using an app

  19. #359
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,190
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    Ok. But this kid wanted to die, not get shot and possibly survive. When armed confrontation was imminent, he shot himself in the head. No chance of getting shot by a cop, incapacitated, and surviving.

    You and I aren't on the same page or I'm not explaining myself right. It happens. It's cool.
    If surviving was his greatest fear, would having someone armed with non lethal weapons be a greater deterrent?


    Sent from a phone using an app

  20. #360
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    5,086
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    So. If he didnt want to get shot and survive, how would having armed people at the school stop him?


    Sent from a phone using an app
    =================================================

    Serious?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us