Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Revisiting Gun Laws in the U.S.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Regulation needs to be updated and nationalized. It will never be banned.
    Any talk of bans from the left is pure posturing. Not going to ban something you can potentially tax.

In fact Obama and co. may have inadvertently helped American manufacturing for the first time ever. Guns have been flying off the shelves just due to the perception that bans may be coming. Since day 1 of his 1st term in fact, not just since Sandy Hook.

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Any talk of bans from the left is pure posturing. Not going to ban something you can potentially tax.

In fact Obama and co. may have inadvertently helped American manufacturing for the first time ever. Guns have been flying off the shelves just due to the perception that bans may be coming. Since day 1 of his 1st term in fact, not just since Sandy Hook.
    I agree with you and not until the Sandy tragedy guns were never on the table nor a discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post

Responsible gun owners stocking up on guns and amo. It's a right says so right in the Constitution, sort of, maybe, couldn't find it. More good news from the right.

As it pushes for national gun control, the White House on Wednesday addressed a tragic shooting close to President Barack Obama's home in Chicago.

Fifteen-year-old Hadiya Pendleton, who last week performed at Obama's inaugural festivities, was killed when a gunman opened fire on a group of students just blocks from King College Prep and about a mile from Obama's home in Kenwood on the South Side.

Presidential spokeman Jay Carney, asked about Hadiya's death, said it was a “terrible tragedy” any time a young person is struck down “with so much of their life ahead of them.”

“The president and first lady's thoughts and prayers are with the family of Hadiya Pendleton,” he said. “All of our thoughts and prayers are with her family.”

Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Responsible gun owners stocking up on guns and amo.
    And?

Paranoid much? The big bad law abiding gun owner scare you Winston?

You're as bad as they are.

Hint: the 2nd Amendment supporters care about THEIR rights.

They're not interested in shooting you, taking away your rights, and losing their own in the bargain.

Teh gun "owners" you need to worry about you'll never know of till it's too late, and no gun ban will stop them. Criminals. Gang Members. Street Hoods.

Billie Bob Redhick and his three shotguns and four files hanging in the back of his truck....yeah, terrifying.

Oh, and thanks for another no context, no explaination, no story story of a shooting. Sounds like an illegal gun user and typical Chicago streetcrime by a hoodrat to me. Maybe we should be talking about removing all Chicago's lower-income folks rights, since they clearly can;t go a day wiuthout slaughtering each other int he streets, gun or no gun.
    Last edited by Warfish; 01-30-2013 at 04:05 PM.

Fish, what's comical is the gun guys pretending they need their guns to protect themselves from the govt. Egyptians used twitter and Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    And?

They're not interested in shooting you, taking away your rights, and losing their own in the bargain.

Teh gun "owners" you need to worry about you'll never know of till it's too late, and no gun ban will stop them. Criminals. Gang Members. Street Hoods.

Billie Bob Redhick and his three shotguns and four files hanging in the back of his truck....yeah, terrifying.

Oh, and thanks for another no context, no explaination, no story story of a shooting. Sounds like an illegal gun user and typical Chicago streetcrime by a hoodrat to me. Maybe we should be talking about removing all Chicago's lower-income folks rights, since they clearly can;t go a day wiuthout slaughtering each other int he streets, gun or no gun.
    Last edited by cr726; 01-30-2013 at 04:26 PM.

Fish, what's comical is the gun guys pretending they need their guns to protect themselves from the govt. Egyptians used twitter and Facebook.
    Agree to disagree. I hope such a day never comes to pass, but my faith in that is quite a bit less the older I get.

I'd also say Egypt is not an example I'd say was worth following, all things considered. From one tyrant to another, from one abuse to another, and yet another Govt. overthrow seemingly not far from coming to pass.

Jets Insider VIP
    Agree to disagree. I hope such a day never comes to pass, but my faith in that is quite a bit less the older I get.

I'd also say Egypt is not an example I'd say was worth following, all things considered. From one tyrant to another, from one abuse to another, and yet another Govt. overthrow seemingly not far from coming to pass.
    Reported today that Egypts wonderful new government is about to collapse.

Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    Reported today that Egypts wonderful new government is about to collapse.
    I guess the people got their guns and took it over again, huh?

I guess the people got their guns and took it over again, huh?
    In a manner of speaking. Reports I've heard say it's the Egyptian Millitary that will be in change of the coup.

In a manner of speaking. Reports I've heard say it's the Egyptian Millitary that will be in change of the coup.

The same military who protected their people when Murbarak was thrown out. Why is everyone shocked that Egypt has been messy? It hasn't been 2 full years and you re shocked by what is occurring over there?

And?

You're welcome!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...rates/1784595/

WASHINGTON — Deaths from traffic accidents have dropped dramatically over the last 10 years, while firearm-related fatalities rose for decades before leveling off in the past decade, a USA TODAY analysis of data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention shows.

Meanwhile, the rate of firearms deaths has exceeded traffic fatalities in several states, including Arizona, Colorado, the District of Columbia, Michigan, Nevada and Oregon, records show. The rate is equal in Ohio and Pennsylvania.

Proponents of gun control say the converging death rates are due to better safety regulations for cars, while there has been little regulation, education or research on gun fatalities, said Kristen Rand, legislative director for the Violence Policy Center.

Public safety research data generated since the 1960s spurred "a whole host of strategies," including safer highways and vehicles, graduated licensing programs and drunk-driving prevention.

"We're now seeing how successful that has been," she said. "We have not applied these lessons to firearms, and now we're paying the price."
    The only people who ever took a shot at me where hunters on my land in NH during the hunting season. They were legal guns and they were responsible gun owners, drunk but responsible.
    Last edited by Winstonbiggs; 01-31-2013 at 11:27 AM.

Only cops should have guns /mouthfoamer off

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/jan...women-20130104

Cops can be trusted, c'mon. there motto is protect and serve.

I agree with you and not until the Sandy tragedy guns were never on the table nor a discussion.
    Obama did the right thing leaving the gun issue alone the first term of his presidency. Unfortunately with this whole Sandy tragedy everyone on both sides wants an easy, tangible solution. Gun Control laws don't work and most of them are unconstitutional.

All League
    .......depending on how one interprets the constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    You're welcome!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...rates/1784595/

The only people who ever took a shot at me where hunters on my land in NH during the hunting season. They were legal guns and they were responsible gun owners, drunk but responsible.
    I'm confused by your article. It seems like it is saying that in the decade since the Brady Bill assault weapons ban has expired there has been no increase in gun related homicides? How is this possible? I mean with all these gun owning degenerates running around with fully automatic military assault rifles you would think gun homicides went up exponentially. Was that a typo?

Assuming the article is true and firearm death rates have not gone up since the weapons ban expired how does anyone extrapolate that reissuing that ban will lower firearm death rates going forward? It seems counter to common sense logic. Furthermore if it is true that traffic related deaths have gone down due to education programs (not likely) then why not push for gun safety education programs to save lives rather than a weapons ban that has clearly been shown not to work?

Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    .......depending on how one interprets the constitution.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

True. I mean the right to bear arms could have been a typo and simply meant that people are allowed to wear sleeveless shirts. Maybe we are allowed to hunt bear and keep their arms as souvenirs. It doesn't say the "right to own handguns" amirite?.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

True. I mean the right to bear arms could have been a typo and simply meant that people are allowed to wear sleeveless shirts. Maybe we are allowed to hunt bear and keep their arms as souvenirs. It doesn't say the "right to own handguns" amirite?.
    I wouldn't be so flippant in your response. The Heller decision, and the interpretative gymnastics Scalia went through to come to his opinion, were by no means straightforward. And, prior to the decision (a 5-4 at that), there was no explicit legal precedent that the 2nd Amendment applied to the individual's right to own firearms - much as you (or I) thought that it did. Or should.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I wouldn't be so flippant in your response. The Heller decision, and the interpretative gymnastics Scalia went through to come to his opinion, were by no means straightforward. And, prior to the decision (a 5-4 at that), there was no explicit legal precedent that the 2nd Amendment applied to the individual's right to own firearms - much as you (or I) thought that it did. Or should.
    +100

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    The 2nd Amendment is what it is. "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed" Gun Control advocates trying to play semantics with the wording is akin to Conservative Religious Fanatics trying to argue the Constitution says nothing about separation between church and state "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion". Plain English.
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 02-12-2013 at 08:24 PM.