Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: John Geiger (Revis' Manager) Tweet

John Geiger (Revis' Manager) Tweet

So tonight John Geiger who is Darrelle Revis' business and marketing manager tweeted:

"Where is a good place to stay in Cortland?"

Sounds to me like Revis will be reporting to camp. What do you guys think?

All Pro
    You tryin to tell me with all the monies Revis been making he! he has no place to stay? shocking! absolutely shocking.

Not much, but better than nothing i suppose. As per jason's write up for the revis situation, the day to watch is actually day 2 of training camp. Revis earns a few bonuses for being present day one so if he's gonna hold out, it's gonna start on the second day.

Banned
    I think what people are missing is that he may be there for negotiations as well. It's not typical for a players management/agent to go to training camp with a player. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    I think what people are missing is that he may be there for negotiations as well. It's not typical for a players management/agent to go to training camp with a player. Just my opinion.
    +1

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8186079

Report: No holdout for Darrelle Revis

ESPN.com news services | July 20, 2012
    NEW YORK -- Darrelle Revis is planning to show up for training camp.

A person familiar with the decision told The Associated Press that the New York Jets' All-Pro cornerback expects to report with the rest of his teammates next Thursday in Cortland, N.Y., rather than hold out in a contract dispute for the second time in three summers.

Revis said last month he was uncertain if he would report for training camp while looking for the Jets to re-do the $46 million, four-year deal he signed in 2010. But he has decided to attend camp, according to the person who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the decision had not been made public.

The 27-year-old Revis is generally considered to be the best cornerback in the NFL.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianNY View Post
    http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8186079

Report: No holdout for Darrelle Revis

ESPN.com news services | July 20, 2012

A person familiar with the decision told The Associated Press that the New York Jets' All-Pro cornerback expects to report with the rest of his teammates next Thursday in Cortland, N.Y., rather than hold out in a contract dispute for the second time in three summers.

Revis said last month he was uncertain if he would report for training camp while looking for the Jets to re-do the $46 million, four-year deal he signed in 2010. But he has decided to attend camp, according to the person who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the decision had not been made public.

The 27-year-old Revis is generally considered to be the best cornerback in the NFL.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Awesome news, let's hope that's really the case.

Jets Insider VIP
    Further evidence that Dick Semen-i and the rest of ESPatriotNation just make sh1t up to support their negative agenda

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

I'm still convinced the Jets are on the cusp of a dark era because they've over-committed to their questionable head coach and inconsistent quarterback, but at the same time they seem to be doing a lot of things right given that commitment. Tim Tebow to pressure Mark, less yapping from the head coach (so far) and no Revis holdout are good signs.

Still not getting my hopes up though...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

Darrelle Revis will report to Jets camp on time, report says

A person familiar with the decision says the New York Jets' All-Pro cornerback expects to report with the rest of his teammates next Thursday in Cortland, N.Y., rather than hold out in a contract dispute for the second time in three summers.

Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press

Nice, now we don't have to deal with that soap opera. I am pumped!

Banned
    Not only do I want Revis in before camp, but I want Revis signed to a long term deal. He's not only the greatest Jet (talent wise) of all-time, but he's also the best overall defensive player in today's NFL. This is one player, who I wouldn't be able to accept the fact if he were dominating the CB position for another team. It was hard to see players such as John Abraham and Jonathan Vilma leave as former Jets, this is one player that I hope to see retire a Jet.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    Not only do I want Revis in before camp, but I want Revis signed to a long term deal. He's not only the greatest Jet (talent wise) of all-time, but he's also the best overall defensive player in today's NFL. This is one player, who I wouldn't be able to accept the fact if he were dominating the CB position for another team. It was hard to see players such as John Abraham and Jonathan Vilma leave as former Jets, this is one player that I hope to see retire a Jet.
    2 questions, young man.
    1) How old are you? - Greatest Jet of all time.
    2) Would you trade Revis straight up for D. Ware? I would in a heartbeat. - Best overall defensive player in the NFL.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    +100000000

Best defensive player in the NFL by miles

Surefire HOFer

Looking forward to the long term deal extending his current bandaid deal and allowing him to retire in 7-10 years as arguably the greatest Jet ever...then on to Canton on roller skates

I don't know what people were concerned about. This most recent Revis holdout drama was fabricated by the media. A lot of people spent a lot of time whining about a non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    +100000000

Best defensive player in the NFL by miles

Surefire HOFer

Looking forward to the long term deal extending his current bandaid deal and allowing him to retire in 7-10 years as arguably the greatest Jet ever...then on to Canton on roller skates

He will retire as a jet ... But he will not finish his career here ... See Junior Seau, LaDanian Tomlinson, Joe Montana for examples.

Hall Of Fame
    My only question would be why would his business manager accompany him to Cortland? TC is for football and his contract can be handled over the phone with his agent.

Until I see him suited up and actually participating, I will remain skeptical.

Revis is a moron.

All he has to do is show up and play, and he'll earn his big contract.

I don't understand why he feels he needs to hold out right here. It can only negatively affect his career, and his future cash in.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Further evidence that Dick Semen-i and the rest of ESPatriotNation just make sh1t up to support their negative agenda

What did they make up? That he was considering holding out. He was considering it according to this account that you praise.

I have always knew that he would report rather than be penalized by the clause in his contract. Good Job Tanny foreseeing that one. I don't see his reporting a evidence that he is satisfied with the pace of negotiations, Just that he knows he can not positively affect the negotiations stasying away from camp.

What most football fans are concerned with is his reaction to the jets if they do not move on a new contract this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    +1
    But why, the team has a million things to do at camp other than being distracted by this. This last month was the time for discourse. Maybe Revis will be shooting a commercial or some such from camp.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Revis is a moron.

All he has to do is show up and play, and he'll earn his big contract.

I don't understand why he feels he needs to hold out right here. It can only negatively affect his career, and his future cash in.
    confusing post John

especially considering that this thread is about reports confirming Darrelle Revis, the best defensive player in the NFL is reporting to Cortland next week to get himself ready for what we all hope (well maybe not patman although I can't see the crap he is spewing) will be a Championship season for our New York Jets