Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: John Geiger (Revis' Manager) Tweet

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    confusing post John

especially considering that this thread is about reports confirming Darrelle Revis, the best defensive player in the NFL is reporting to Cortland next week to get himself ready for what we all hope (well maybe not patman although I can't see the crap he is spewing) will be a Championship season for our New York Jets
    We all know he toyed around with the idea of holding out. The guy wants money in the worst way, and it kills him that guys like Cortland Finnegan is making twice what he's making this year.

Revis has 1 million reasons to report next Thursday to Cortland. Let's hope he's there on Friday the day after he collects his bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    My only question would be why would his business manager accompany him to Cortland? TC is for football and his contract can be handled over the phone with his agent.

Until I see him suited up and actually participating, I will remain skeptical.
    cimini is that you?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsonly View Post
    2 questions, young man.
    1) How old are you? - Greatest Jet of all time.
    2) Would you trade Revis straight up for D. Ware? I would in a heartbeat. - Best overall defensive player in the NFL.
    You might be a moron. Yes he is the greatest jet ever. It doesn't take too much brains to understand that. The jets have never had the greatest player at one position until Revis. Has nothing to do with how old you are?? Pass rushing D ends are a dime a dozen. How often does a player like Revis come along? Not often.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    We all know he toyed around with the idea of holding out. The guy wants money in the worst way, and it kills him that guys like Cortland Finnegan is making twice what he's making this year.
    "we all know"

link?

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    You might be a moron. Yes he is the greatest jet ever. It doesn't take too much brains to understand that. The jets have never had the greatest player at one position until Revis. Has nothing to do with how old you are?? Pass rushing D ends are a dime a dozen. How often does a player like Revis come along? Not often.

When was the last time the greatest CB won thier team a SB?
    If great pass rush DE or pass rush OLBs were a dime a dozen, why don't our JETS have one?
    Do you want to see our JETS win a SB, or pay Greedy Punk so much it hurts the TEAM in the long run.
    It has everthing to do with how old the poster is. There has been lots of great JETS in my 44yrs being a JETS fan. GP might be the greatest JET in the end, to soon to tell. Lets not put him in the HOF just yet.
    My problem is punk kids speaking in absolutes, preaching to us like they know everything and our opinions are moronic because they are not the same, then resort to name calling rather than debate.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Pass rushing D ends are a dime a dozen. .
    this is not correct. a good pass rusher is very hard to find. there are very few teams who have that kind of guy. unless your the giants.

Jets Insider VIP

When was the last time the greatest CB won thier team a SB?
    If great pass rush DE or pass rush OLBs were a dime a dozen, why don't our JETS have one?
    Do you want to see our JETS win a SB, or pay Greedy Punk so much it hurts the TEAM in the long run.
    It has everthing to do with how old the poster is. There has been lots of great JETS in my 44yrs being a JETS fan. GP might be the greatest JET in the end, to soon to tell. Lets not put him in the HOF just yet.
    My problem is punk kids speaking in absolutes, preaching to us like they know everything and our opinions are moronic because they are not the same, then resort to name calling rather than debate.
    you calling others "greedy punks" and "punk kids" sounds to me like resorting to name calling rather than debate

and YES, Revis is by far the best defensive Jet player ever and a sure hall of famer... and I've been a Jet fan since 1960 including 2 Titan games live at the Polo Grounds and the first ever Jet home game in 1963
    Last edited by sg3; 07-22-2012 at 11:07 AM.

Rookie
    you calling others "greedy punks" and "punk kids" sounds to me like resorting to name calling rather than debate

and YES, Revis is by far the best defensive Jet player ever and a sure hall of famer... and I've been a Jet fan since 1960 including 2 Titan games live at the Polo Grounds and the first ever Jet home game in 1963
    You are right about the name calling.
    You think Revis is the best, that's cool. You have been a fan a long time, I value your OP.
    My thinking Revis is a Greedy Punk is MY OP. It has nothing to do with his talent. I hope you can respect that.

Hall Of Fame
    Just for clarification, was Ray with you at any of those games?

Jets Insider VIP
    Speaking of dumb young punks

Back to the rextilleon/mudcat SOJF ignore list where you belong

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by sg3; 07-22-2012 at 12:01 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Speaking of dumb young punks

Back to the rextilleon/mudcat SOJF ignore list where you belong

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    Comedy gold.

Jets Insider VIP

+1

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    +1
    +1

But sometimes the "punks" aren't kids. na mean.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Eff Revis for even considering another holdout. Seriously.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Eff Revis for even considering another holdout. Seriously.
    link?

Hall Of Fame
    link?
    Dude. There were a handful of articles where Revis said he didn't know if he would report b.c he can't tell what will happen in the future or something to that effect. So if you are trying to win a semantics argument, just stop.

Lets just see what happens when camp opens and on the second or third day of camp. This is a fluid situation.

All League
    link?
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...-out-from-jets

It feels like just yesterday we were on Revis Watch. Could we be headed there again?

Back in the summer of 2010, Darrelle Revis' 35-day holdout ultimately led to a front-loaded, four-year, $45 million contract for the New York Jets' perennial All-Pro cornerback.

That contract worked for everyone involved by paying Revis the type of cash he was after in the first two seasons ($32.5 million), while assuring the Jets they wouldn't go without their best defensive player. It was a "Band-Aid" deal, one that general manager Mike Tannenbaum last week didn't sound excited about pulling off the wound.

And now Revis is unsure if another holdout is ahead.

"I just don't know. I'm not saying I am going to hold out. I'm not saying I'm not," Revis told the New York Daily News on Monday.
    "Right now, my focus is being on the team," Revis said, but his agents are busy at work:

Cosell: Mock madness?
    Greg Cosell's first-round projection is based solely on film study. Among the many surprises: Andrew Luck doesn't go No. 1. More ...
    "(They're) going to do the best for me and try to do what's best for me. It's my career, and I'm in control of it, what I can do," Revis told the New York Post. "I know I'm under contract. We'll hash that out when the time comes."

We sense the time is coming soon. As entertaining as it was to watch Revis and the Jets haggle on "Hard Knocks" two summers ago, this is a potential headache for Gang Green.

Revis, after all, never felt he played under a front-loaded deal but simply made what he was worth over the last two seasons. Nobody on his island looks at this year's $6 million number with enthusiasm.

It's the Jets, and that means one thing: Drama lies ahead.

Jets Insider VIP
    so the best you can do is a link that shows that Revis essentially said "no comment" to the shrill and stupid questioning from the shrill and stupid media about the subject

other than giving the Dick Semen-i's and Chris Moronsons of ESPatriotNation something to speculate negative Bullsh1t about

All League
    so the best you can do is a link that shows that Revis essentially said "no comment" to the shrill and stupid questioning from the shrill and stupid media about the subject

other than giving the Dick Semen-i's and Chris Moronsons of ESPatriotNation something to speculate negative Bullsh1t about
    no, the link shows that he was unsure whether or not he would hold out (it was obviously an option for him). i'm glad he decided to not hold out.