Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tebow working out with throwing guru Tom House

Banned

Tebow working out with throwing guru Tom House

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/s...guru-tom-house

LOS ANGELES -- New York Jets quarterback Tim Tebow has been working out with a throwing guru on the campus of the University of Southern California for the past week.

Tebow, the Jets' big offseason acquisition, has spent the past five days making adjustments to his throwing motion under the tutelage of Tom House, a former major league pitcher now working as a volunteer pitching coach at USC.

The workouts have been conducted at USC's gated-off Howard Jones Field, and media have not been allowed to watch per Tebow's request, House said.

Tebow had his last mechanics session with House on Friday and plans to fly back to New York this weekend. The Jets begin training camp on Thursday in Cortland, N.Y.

House has worked with a number of other prominent NFL quarterbacks this offseason, including Tom Brady, Alex Smith and Carson Palmer.

New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees was the first quarterback to visit with House, in 2003, when Brees played for the San Diego Chargers.

The typical quarterback's schedule is a weeklong program at the Rod Dedeaux Research and Baseball Institute on the USC campus, where 3D video analysis is used in coordination with traditional drills to break down individual motions to a thousand frames per second and discover small inconsistencies or errors.

House said Friday he believes Tebow benefited from the week's worth of workouts.

"I think he's getting better, but the proof is in the pudding," House said. "Being out here at USC is different than being with the New York Jets."

Tebow and USC coach Lane Kiffin share the same agent, Jimmy Sexton of L.A.-based Creative Artists Agency. Sexton originally arranged for Tebow to work out on the school's campus last month, and the controversial third-year quarterback began throwing on his own then and using the university's weight room.

A Trojans' program source told ESPNLosAngeles.com that Tebow has used USC receiver Marqise Lee as one of his targets during throwing sessions. Lee is a talented sophomore expected to be a top pick in the 2014 NFL draft.

Current Jets receiver Patrick Turner, who also played at USC, has caught passes from Tebow, as well.
    You can't say he doesn't try lol.

Jets Insider VIP
    All the former Major League pitchers on the planet cant make our fullback/punt protector into an NFL passing quarterback

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    All the former Major League pitchers on the planet cant make our fullback/punt protector into an NFL passing quarterback

Right ... I'm sure Tom Brady and Drew Brees feel the same way ... I mean since they also deemed it necessary to seek out House's advice as well.

Let the Sanchez countdown begin !! Lol.

How many balls did Tebow throw to Defensive linemen last season ... Oh ... That's right I forgot .... Zero.
    Last edited by Dunnie; 07-21-2012 at 05:36 AM.

meanwhile sanchez is doing a photo shoot for maxim

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Whatever it takes, we need more people like this in the world.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Whatever it takes, we need more people like this in the world.
    Truth.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    meanwhile sanchez is doing a photo shoot for maxim
    Sorry. I believe Sanchez is here working with his players.

After Mark Sanchez hosted his annual "Jets West" camp in his native Southern California last week, the Jets quarterback and a handful of his teammates are working out together in New Jersey before reporting for training camp next week.

Sanchez and company are training at TEST Football Academy in Martinsville. The group includes receiver Jeremy Kerley, running back Joe McKnight, tight ends Josh Baker and Jeff Cumberland, offensive lineman Vladimir Ducasse and linebacker Bart Scott. Sanchez's long-time trainer, Todd Norman, also joined the group in New Jersey, per his Twitter account.

Today's workout included 90 minutes of strength and conditioning and core work, followed by a 90-minute on-field session in which Sanchez and his targets did passing drills and route tree work.
    Last edited by NY's stepchild; 07-21-2012 at 07:55 AM.

Yeah i know...

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    Yeah i know...

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    ...and yet, you still spew your nonsense.

Jets Insider VIP
    sanchez is working out with the Jets in Florham Park preparing for Cortland

the difference is that Sanchez already knows how to properly throw an NFL pass whilst Teblow is trying to figure out how to release the ball with something other than his 4.3 second windmill delivery

Fortunately for the Jets, the two are in their proper roles --- Mark Sanchez, a quality NFL QB and Tim Teblow a situational fullback and punt protector

There's only one party who deserves our sympathy and compassion in this situation... and that is Mr Khan's Jacksonville Jagwires who are revving up to offer the Jets a second round pick next offseason to bring Timmy home as their starting quarterback to lead his hometown team to a solid 2-14 record and the first overall pick in the 2014 NFL draft

The guy's work ethic is unbelievable.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

the difference is that Sanchez already knows how to properly throw an NFL pass whilst Teblow is trying to figure out how to release the ball with something other than his 4.3 second windmill delivery

Fortunately for the Jets, the two are in their proper roles --- Mark Sanchez, a quality NFL QB and Tim Teblow a situational fullback and punt protector

There's only one party who deserves our sympathy and compassion in this situation... and that is Mr Khan's Jacksonville Jagwires who are revving up to offer the Jets a second round pick next offseason to bring Timmy home as their starting quarterback to lead his hometown team to a solid 2-14 record and the first overall pick in the 2014 NFL draft
    Sanchez is at the pool down at Trump, our friends daughter is a lifeguard there. lol.

Hall Of Fame
    Tebow's been "working on his throwing motion" since the Senior Bowl.

Wink

Yes, let's bash Tebow because Sanchez is such a marksmen. Give me a break. Good for Tim. He'll get his chance again someday soon, as he should. 8-5 last year, 2-1 in 2010, he's earned it. He had a couple very good passing performances and Denver's receivers aren't exactly the pick of the litter. Brandon Lloyd was their best and they dealt him to St. Louis to be with McDaniels.

One way or another, Tebow will help this team on OFFENSE and maybe Special Teams, too.

All those who rip on him, I don't want to see you clapping and going crazy when he puts the ball in the endzone.
    Last edited by 124; 07-21-2012 at 09:46 AM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Yes, let's bash Tebow because Sanchez is such a marksmen. Give me a break. Good for Tim. He'll get his chance again someday soon, as he should. 8-5 last year, 2-1 in 2010, he's earned it. He had a couple very good passing performances and Denver's receivers aren't exactly the pick of the litter. Brandon Lloyd was their best and they dealt him to St. Louis to be with McDaniels.

One way or another, Tebow will help this team on OFFENSE and maybe Special Teams, too.

All those who rip on him, I don't want to see you clapping and going crazy when he puts the ball in the endzone.
    You want to give examples of where anyone "bashed" your twin brother? You guys call people pos all day long. Saying that the guy is a great football player, with a great work ethic, but has a terribly long throwing motion (which is likely uncorrectable) that he's been working on since the Senior bowl is fact, not bashing.

All League
    He should try to give his Right Arm a shot at throwing... can't be any worse.

Sanchez is so accurate, he hits opposing DBs right between the numbers.....Fact not fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Redrew View Post
    Sanchez is so accurate, he hits opposing DBs right between the numbers.....Fact not fiction
    If we have the receivers run routes and fall down, maybe Tebow can finally hit someone between the numbers too...

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Yes, let's bash Tebow because Sanchez is such a marksmen.
    Maybe so, but the gap in accuracy/completion percentage between Tebow ad Sanchez is bigger than the gap between Sanchez and Aaron Rodgers. Merely calling both guys "inaccurate" is giving Tebow too much credit.

Jets Insider VIP
    The other tiny difference is that Mark Sanchez is an NFL passing QB whilst Timmy will never be one