Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tebow working out with throwing guru Tom House

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez will get his act together this year, back on track, he better or we are pretty much screwed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Much better article with some interesting video:

Tim Tebow Continues To Work On His Throwing Motion
    by David_Wyatt on Jul 21, 2012 10:13 AM EDT
    Doug Pensinger - Getty Images

View full size photo

Quarterback mechanics interest me and I don't think any player has come under as much scrutiny in regards to their mechanics as Tim Tebow. ESPN LA last night confirmed that Tebow is continuing to work on his throwing motion ahead of the new season.
    Over the last five days, Tim has been working out in California at USC's practise facility with Tom House, a former major league pitcher who has worked with quarterbacks like Tom Brady, Alex Smith and Drew Brees. So what is involved in this week long QB training camp?
    The typical quarterback's schedule is a weeklong program at the Rod Dedeaux Research and Baseball Institute on the USC campus, where 3D video analysis is used in coordination with traditional drills to break down individual motions to a thousand frames per second and discover small inconsistencies or errors.
    I'm sure that many of you are familiar with Tebow's elongated throwing motion where he brings the ball back low and his throwing motion is almost a loop. His throwing motion takes 0.60 seconds to complete, which is slower than the average quarterback at 0.40 seconds. During the 2011 off-season Tebow worked hard to evolve his throwing motion into a more traditional look. Unfortunately muscle memory being what it is, when 300lb lineman started breathing down his neck he reverted to his college throwing motion, a motion he has had for over a decade.
    As you can see from this video, after 30 days of training, the motion was drastically different:
    (sorry, can't get the video in for some reason, view here: Tim Tebow Continues To Work On His Throwing Motion )

So in the simplest terms, what exactly is muscle memory? Muscle memory is simply a movement that the muscles become familiar with due to repetition. The muscles become accustomed to making this movement and it becomes second nature. So it becomes 'natural' to you. For example, we walk because it is familiar, our muscles know what to do and when to do it, we don't have to conciously think about how we do it. However if you decided to try a triple jump for the first time, it would be unfamiliar and only trial and error would allow you to become accustomed to the 'alien movements'.
    After 30 days of repetition you can see that Tim Tebows motion was shorter, faster and more compact to the shoulder. His wind up windmill action was nowhere to be seen. However if you watched Denver last year you will notice that he did revert to the normal. Basically in the heat of the game, with your mind focused on the play at hand, you can't concentrate on your throwing motion like you can at a practise facility. You go back to what is 'natural' to you.
    ESPN did a fantastic feature on sports science on the motion in question:

I think the point here is, can you actually really change a throwing motion? a motion that is so familiar. I'm not sure that you can. However Tebow is giving it one hell of a go. In Denver at times, he did use his new throwing motion and it allowed him to not only get a better spiral on the football, but to also get it out quicker. It'll be interesting to see Tebow's motion the first time he takes the field for the Jets this pre-season.

I really like this Tebow acquisition, it's the Tzoms and media have an intense dislike for.
    Last edited by JetsNeedNewton; 07-21-2012 at 11:54 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    For trivia buffs:

Tom House was the guy in the bullpen who caught Hank Aaron's then record-breaking 715th HR ball.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    I really like this Tebow acquisition, it's the Tzoms and media have an intense dislike for.

I feel the same way.

After the initial shock and worry, I was excited that Tebow was traded here. But, when the Tebow apologists and "Jet" fans who are really only here for Tebow showed up I quickly hated him being on our team.

Tebow himself is cool, but his fans are the absolute worst. I can honestly say that 12 year Justin Bieber fangirls are nowhere near as annoying as these Tebow fans.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow's passing form is not the best. And frankly, Sanchez's passing performance is not the best. Both are taking steps to improve and that's good news.
    Now, what is Sanchez doing about his leadership skills? Tebow already has his. Mark had better learn not to pout and hang his head after misfortune. He acts like a rookie out there at times. A college rookie.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Tebow's passing form is not the best. And frankly, Sanchez's passing performance is not the best. Both are taking steps to improve and that's good news.
    Now, what is Sanchez doing about his leadership skills? Tebow already has his. Mark had better learn not to pout and hang his head after misfortune. He acts like a rookie out there at times. A college rookie.
    Guess you haven't been paying attention regarding Sanchez's leadership this off-season. Not going to waste time recounting it all for you.

And take a look at the Manning brothers, Brady, you name it, they all get the hangdog look when they screw up. That doesn't make him a pouter or give him a "fragile" ego. You'll have to work a little harder to make your anti-Sanchez case.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    The other tiny difference is that Mark Sanchez is an NFL passing QB whilst Timmy will never be one

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    This is highly debatable based on Sanchez's TD/int ratio.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guess you haven't been paying attention regarding Sanchez's leadership this off-season. Not going to waste time recounting it all for you.

And take a look at the Manning brothers, Brady, you name it, they all get the hangdog look when they screw up. That doesn't make him a pouter or give him a "fragile" ego. You'll have to work a little harder to make your anti-Sanchez case.
    So Sanchez is some sort of great leader just because he organizes a few Jets West practices?

If he was the leader of this offense, then he would've taken Holmes aside a long time ago and squashed the little beef they had before it blew up during the Miami game.

Just because Sanchez is a good guy doesn't make him a leader.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Exactly. I wonder if any of the Sanchez bashers have an original thought. At one point, someone said Sanchez pouts..... now some people act like it's part of his name. Brady and the Mannings pout, then yell at their OLs, when things don't go well, or they get hit..... great leadership. Similar to the picks that Sanchez threw, in Miami, that some people act like it's his norm.... it doesn't matter that he was back pedaling to throw a screen and just didn't make a good throw... or, that he was falling down, as he was throwing, trying to make a play, when the other ball was picked off by a DL.... or, that other QBs HAVE thrown picks to DL, before..... it just becomes "Sanchez throws to DL". Recycling the same BS criticisms of Sanchez, does NOT make Tebow better.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    So Sanchez is some sort of great leader just because he organizes a few Jets West practices?

If he was the leader of this offense, then he would've taken Holmes aside a long time ago and squashed the little beef they had before it blew up during the Miami game.

Really, because I'm pretty sure Tebow's "great leadership" skills are based on him being a nice guy. Sanchez has been a leader, since he started.... but I guess the players saying he commanded the huddle like a vet, as a rookie, doesn't mean a thing. The season hasn't started yet, so he can only do so much.... but organizing his players for a Jets West camp, just isn't good enough. What's Brady, the Mannings, Rodgers, or Brees been doing?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Sanchez is at the pool down at Trump, our friends daughter is a lifeguard there. lol.
    Did he hit it?

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Did he hit it?

No, but he was talking to her, I don't think she is hit worthy. This was the other day.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post

I feel the same way.

After the initial shock and worry, I was excited that Tebow was traded here. But, when the Tebow apologists and "Jet" fans who are really only here for Tebow showed up I quickly hated him being on our team.

Tebow himself is cool, but his fans are the absolute worst. I can honestly say that 12 year Justin Bieber fangirls are nowhere near as annoying as these Tebow fans.
    Nothing was worse than Jeremy Lin loves, who became Knick "fans" just because of Jeremy Lin. At least Tebow followers have supported Tebow throughout the whole state of Florida for quite some time (Although I'm not a Gators fan, and have never been a Tebow supporter (until now). But, at least Tebow supporters (fans) have pulled for Tebow for years on end. Jeremy Lin? Those fans emerged onto the scene out of nowhere. Mostly due to his Asian culture, but whatever. But still, you think the support for Tebow is annoying? Be a Knicks fan and see what we went though in regards to Jeremy Lin. It was pathetic.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

Couple of other things like his time with Pennington, Holmes, Jets West, and this past week with a bunch of guys here in NJ.

He reached out as quickly as possible to learn what he could and then spread his knowledge around to the team unselfishly and on his own time. No those things don't make him a leader by themselves, but they represent the attitude and kinds of things a leader does.

And as Laxman says" "What's Brady, the Mannings, Rodgers, or Brees been doing? "

and this http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post...b-mark-sanchez
    Last edited by JetsNeedNewton; 07-21-2012 at 06:29 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The other tiny difference is that Mark Sanchez is an NFL passing QB whilst Timmy will never be one

So says snachez fanboy sg3

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post

Kindly can the namecalling and personal attacks

I dont refer to you. I merely point.out that Timmy as an NFL passing QB.Teblows.

I am a Jet fan however who roots for all 90 players on the roster including camp fodder UDFAs and fullback/punt protectors with no passing ability. Most Jet fans similarly root for all the players. This is different from Timmy worshipping cultists who only root for one Jet and hate the other 89

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    No, but he was talking to her, I don't think she is hit worthy. This was the other day.
    I hope your daughter doesn't find out you're judging whether or not her friends are hit worthy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    All the former Major League pitchers on the planet cant make our fullback/punt protector into an NFL passing quarterback

I hope he makes you eat your words and constant negativity. Its wearing thin!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post

So says Tebone fanboy #1 Tebone Tebone Tebone Tebone etc. Do you write his name all over the place too? Do you write your name with his last name, with little hearts? No one was bashing him until you through your little hissy fit. Now look what you've done.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post

I feel the same way.

Ever read some of the garbage that Sanchez's fans write? Both of those guys are Jets QBs. Why can't we pull for both to do well when they get a chance to play. Why the constant crap of pitting one against the other? Its rather childish and silly. Lets just hope we win many games and get deep into the playoffs and win the SB. It does not matter which QB gets us there just as long as we do get there! this is still a team game!

Sanchez and Tebow are BOTH good guys and team players. I wish some fans would stop their constant nonsense and allow them to be teammates without the crap they try to impose because they are fans of one and not the other! Thats bull! They are BOTH JETS!!