Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tebow working out with throwing guru Tom House

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Kindly can the namecalling and personal attacks

I dont refer to you. I merely point.out that Timmy as an NFL passing QB.Teblows.

I am a Jet fan however who roots for all 90 players on the roster including camp fodder UDFAs and fullback/punt protectors with no passing ability. Most Jet fans similarly root for all the players. This is different from Timmy worshipping cultists who only root for one Jet and hate the other 89
    try looking in a mirror after you read what you wrote! Its laughable!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm happy to see he's still working hard to correct the mechanical problems... he will get better and it won't take a ton of improvement in his category to see results on the field.

Really, how much does he have to improve the mechanics before we see a 5% increase in his completion percentage? He's very new to pro-style offenses and once he gets the cerebral part down, which he WILL, he'll be just fine. Improving the mechanics will take him to a different level.

I think all this work is going to eventually pay off.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    He should be working on running routes, catching passes and blocking. I don't think his passing mechanics can be fixed.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Ever read some of the garbage that Sanchez's fans write? Both of those guys are Jets QBs. Why can't we pull for both to do well when they get a chance to play. Why the constant crap of pitting one against the other? Its rather childish and silly. Lets just hope we win many games and get deep into the playoffs and win the SB. It does not matter which QB gets us there just as long as we do get there! this is still a team game!

Sanchez and Tebow are BOTH good guys and team players. I wish some fans would stop their constant nonsense and allow them to be teammates without the crap they try to impose because they are fans of one and not the other! Thats bull! They are BOTH JETS!!

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I hope your daughter doesn't find out you're judging whether or not her friends are hit worthy.
    I said, our friends daughter not our daughters friend.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Sanchez will get his act together this year, back on track, he better or we are pretty much screwed.
    The first time Sanchez struggles and the Jets lose a game the media circus and idiocy will overwhelm New York City like the plague.

FU Woody for forcing the Jets FO to trade for Tebow.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I'm happy to see he's still working hard to correct the mechanical problems... he will get better and it won't take a ton of improvement in his category to see results on the field.

Really, how much does he have to improve the mechanics before we see a 5% increase in his completion percentage? He's very new to pro-style offenses and once he gets the cerebral part down, which he WILL, he'll be just fine. Improving the mechanics will take him to a different level.

I think all this work is going to eventually pay off.
    Forget about the mechanics Tebow can't make reads consistently in an actual pro style offense. The only way Tim Tebow can succeed in the NFL is to play that qb draw offense Mike McCoy installed for him in Denver.

Tim Tebow having to make 3-4 reads per snap on a consistent basis is a recipe for disaster and Belicheat in New England has already put the book out on him.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Forget about the mechanics Tebow can't make reads consistently in an actual pro style offense. The only way Tim Tebow can succeed in the NFL is to play that qb draw offense Mike McCoy installed for him in Denver.

Tim Tebow having to make 3-4 reads per snap on a consistent basis is a recipe for disaster and Belicheat in New England has already put the book out on him.
    Oh wow, a kid with fewer than 16 starts under his belt has trouble reading defenses. Say it isn't so !!!!!

Sanchez is about to start his 4th year and still has trouble reading defenses. John Elway couldn't read a defense until his 6th or 7th year in the league, and that was back when defenses were a heck of a lot easier.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Belichick put the book out on how to completely outclass Mike McCoy and highlighted the fact that he was totally out of his depth in both playcalling and as an OC.
    Last edited by Demosthenes9; 07-22-2012 at 01:31 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanche could prolly benefit from this guy as well, since much of his problem is that he crouches down so much when he throws downfield, rather than standing tall. RG3 is the same height, but the ball comes out much higher because he stands tall in his delivery.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still believe the jury is out on Sanchez but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt b/c I do believe he improved last year as a QB and we all know he works very hard to become better. You can't take that away from him. That being said, if Tebow becomes the passer Sanchez is right now he would be much more of a threat as a QB. I can't stand the "new" Jets fans who are just here b/c of Tebow and it makes it hard to root for Tebow b/c of that. That being said I think the best thing for this organization would be for Tebow to improve the next year or 2 as a thrower and let him take over at QB if, and that's a big IF, he proves he can throw at this level a lot more consistently. We all know he is very willing to work on it. He's a winner and adds another dimension with his feet that Sanchez doesn't have. And this is coming from a very optimistic Sanchez supporter. I want my QB to be a threat and unless Sanchez becomes Brees, he will always be a Ryan Fitzpatrick type of QB and you rarely win Championships with those types of QB's.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    I said, our friends daughter not our daughters friend.
    I guess that's a little better...depending on how close your friends are.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    I still believe the jury is out on Sanchez but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt b/c I do believe he improved last year as a QB and we all know he works very hard to become better. You can't take that away from him. That being said, if Tebow becomes the passer Sanchez is right now he would be much more of a threat as a QB. I can't stand the "new" Jets fans who are just here b/c of Tebow and it makes it hard to root for Tebow b/c of that. That being said I think the best thing for this organization would be for Tebow to improve the next year or 2 as a thrower and let him take over at QB if, and that's a big IF, he proves he can throw at this level a lot more consistently. We all know he is very willing to work on it. He's a winner and adds another dimension with his feet that Sanchez doesn't have. And this is coming from a very optimistic Sanchez supporter. I want my QB to be a threat and unless Sanchez becomes Brees, he will always be a Ryan Fitzpatrick type of QB and you rarely win Championships with those types of QB's.
    As one of those "new" Jets fans, the highlighted statement all depends on where Sanchez's "ceiling" is. Are his stats from last year the best that can be expected of him (presuming that he lowers his turnovers) ? Will he develop even more as a passer ?

Strange as it may seem, Sanchez is still a young QB with room to grow. I mean, he's a whopping 25 years old, which isn't close to being a QB's "prime" years.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    " if Teblow becomes the passer Sanchez is now"

" if my aunt had testicles she'd be my uncle"

both equally impossible. Teblow' s passing mechanics are UNFIXIBLE even with ALL the prayers of his cult followers

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Veteran
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Post Thanks / Like
    " if Teblow becomes the passer Sanchez is now"

" if my aunt had testicles she'd be my uncle"

both equally impossible. Teblow' s passing mechanics are UNFIXIBLE even with ALL the prayers of his cult followers

I realize that every comment you make about Tebow is how he can't ever become better, but the problem with your statement is that you don't know anything about football or how to get better at that level. And me being more of a fan of Sanchez then Tebow still sees that the real reason you don't like Tebow is b/c of his religious background and that's kind of sad but not unexpected. I hate Tebow fans who think he's the 2nd coming of Jesus but I don't dislike Tebow for that. And to become the same passer Sanchez is now is not that hard. 55% completion percentage is not that hard to equal, neither is his td/int ratio. Maybe it's just b/c you have a man crush on Sanchez, if that's the case then go stare at his poster, rub one out and get over yourself. It's about what's best for the Jets at the end of the day.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    No crushes at all bub

And I like Timmy at wildcat because he might be as good as Smith was and certainly better than last.years Kerley/Lafumblesion combo

That said...his passing mechanics have sucked since High School and are too ingrained to ever be fixed at this stage

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    No crushes at all bub

And I like Timmy at wildcat because he might be as good as Smith was and certainly better than last.years Kerley/Lafumblesion combo

That said...his passing mechanics have sucked since High School and are too ingrained to ever be fixed at this stage

Not true in the least... Muscle memory CAN be changed, golfers do it all the time, it just takes a tremendous amount of repetition. (I'm a Sanchez fan, but your statement is incorrect)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely true in this case...impossibe to fix the worst mechanics in the NFL in 4 days with a mediocre baseball relief pitcher.

Watch him in Cortland....same horribly slow windmill delivery

Stick to running Timmy. An NFL passer...NOT happening

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    No crushes at all bub

Tomlinson was not known as a fumbler.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah dick lebeau really showed him in the playoffs