Thread: Poor Rich Cimini...

Poor Rich Cimini...

Revis will not hold out and he will be made to look like an ass... Again!

Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    Revis will not hold out and he will be made to look like an ass... Again!
    I'm almost positive he has said all along that revis would not hold out?

Undrafted Free Agent
    How does he look like an ass. He didn't say he would hold out. He mentioned that it could be a potential problem. Considering we didn't find out till less than a week before TC tells me he was right.

Hall Of Fame
    Dick was on the Micheal Kay show admitting that he speculates to drive web-hits.

Why any Jet is civil with this Dick, I don't get.

Semeni has been fueling the "speculation" from day one, what do you mean he never said anything, he's been baiting Revis from day one. Not only that but he's always fanning negativity and stirring the sht to see what sticks, i find him and his brand of journalism utterly repugnant, What a contrast to Jenny Ventras, like night and day. Mehta showed great promise at first but went the way of Dick Semeni... Too bad, those two have lost all credibility with Jet fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    Semeni has been fueling the "speculation" from day one, what do you mean he never said anything, he's been baiting Revis from day one. Not only that but he's always fanning negativity and stirring the sht to see what sticks, i find him and his brand of journalism utterly repugnant, What a contrast to Jenny Ventras, like night and day. Mehta showed great promise at first but went the way of Dick Semeni... Too bad, those two have lost all credibility with Jet fans.

Why didn't Revis just tell him he was going to report when asked?

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Why didn't Revis just tell him he was going to report when asked?
    Why should he? He had nothing to gain by showing his hand early. If he was never asked, this wouldn't even have been an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Why should he? He had nothing to gain by showing his hand early. If he was never asked, this wouldn't even have been an issue.
    He gains the good faith of his team mates, coaches and fans by not causing a distraction to linger. He was not going to hold out, the penalty for doing so was much to high. The jets are not going to re-work his contract this year no matter what he would do. His only leverage is causing a distraction, and I think he will try to.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    Dick was on the Micheal Kay show admitting that he speculates to drive web-hits.

I do not like DICK in the file.
    I do not like DICK in any style.
    I will not take him fried or boiled.
    I will not take him poached or broiled.
    I will not take him soft or scrambled,
    Despite an argument well-rambled.
    No fan I am of the DICK at hand.
    Destroy that DICK! Today! Today!
    Today I say!
    Without delay!

- Green ESPN and Ham

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    I do not like DICK in the file.
    I do not like DICK in any style.
    I will not take him fried or boiled.
    I will not take him poached or broiled.
    I will not take him soft or scrambled,
    Despite an argument well-rambled.
    No fan I am of the DICK at hand.
    Destroy that DICK! Today! Today!
    Today I say!
    Without delay!

- Green ESPN and Ham
    lolz

Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post

Because that is his job to drive interest, even when there is nothing compelling to report. What do you think his boss will say, if he tells them there is no story today with the jets?

Jet players go to the media to get their side of the story out, and to have a "friend" if they need one in the future.

I know jet fans hate this but i am going to do it anyway. This is one area where the patriots shine, They just defer media questions to the coach. This is also why the media hates Belichick, they have to give him props cause he wins. But they hate the fact that he understands that they are not part of the game and are more interested in a story than having a winning team.

He gains the good faith of his team mates, coaches and fans by not causing a distraction to linger. He was not going to hold out, the penalty for doing so was much to high. The jets are not going to re-work his contract this year no matter what he would do. His only leverage is causing a distraction, and I think he will try to.
    I don't agree. His best leverage is to play this season. Once this season ends, all the leverage swings his way. He will have one left on his contract and the Jets are not allowed to tag him. That means he becomes an unfettered FA at 28.

My prediction is the Jets give him a new deal prior to next season.(2013)

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    I don't agree. His best leverage is to play this season. Once this season ends, all the leverage swings his way. He will have one left on his contract and the Jets are not allowed to tag him. That means he becomes an unfettered FA at 28.

My prediction is the Jets give him a new deal prior to next season.(2013)
    I never said he would not play or that he would not show up to camp. I am saying that he wants the deal done now and may not be the best soldier in the locker room.

For the jets to sign him one year early to forgo FA will be very expensive next year when the jets have many other players to address. Moore, Slasuen, Hunter, Pace, Scott, Maybin, Divito, Bell, Landry. Thomas, etc

All Pro
    Because that is his job to drive interest, even when there is nothing compelling to report. What do you think his boss will say, if he tells them there is no story today with the jets?

Jet players go to the media to get their side of the story out, and to have a "friend" if they need one in the future.

I know jet fans hate this but i am going to do it anyway. This is one area where the patriots shine, They just defer media questions to the coach. This is also why the media hates Belichick, they have to give him props cause he wins. But they hate the fact that he understands that they are not part of the game and are more interested in a story than having a winning team.
    There are plenty of interesting things to write about, a'la Jenny Vrentas. This is just Dick being dick, and you're sounding a lot like him.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    There are plenty of interesting things to write about, a'la Jenny Vrentas. This is just Dick being dick, and you're sounding a lot like him.
    What is interesting between the middle of May and the end of July. 3 days of mini-camp? that is it. I am waiting for something to read about. The big news over the last month for Patriot fans was signing Ballard- a TE that is not going to play this year, and the news that four UDFA failed the physical. Riveting.

Even this nice piece by Vrentas is just a rehash of things that Rex has already addressed multiple times this off season. You seem to be ok with this re-hash but a re-hash of Revis contract demands is redundant.

The only new thing is that he has an resource that he depends on for anther take on things. The mystery of who is will probably be the subject of a new thread by the end of the day.