Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I AM SooooooooOOOOO Psyched!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MykePM View Post
    I admit it's still a cause for concern, but I think there are reasons to believe that the O-line will improve upon last year's performance:

• Ferguson - Last year's poor performance is the aberration at this point, so hopefully he'll return to form this season
    • Slauson - Played hurt much of last year. Hopefully offseason surgery cured what was ailing him.
    • Mangold - Hopefully won't miss that many games due to injury again
    • Moore - Was coming off of surgery to both hips last year and still played fairly well.

I'm not sure how much hope we should have that Hunter will show any improvement, but maybe if they give him a little more help in pass protection than they did last season, he won't get Sanchez killed.
    The O should be improved from last year, for those reasons you mentioned. Also replacing Shoddy with Sparano was a Godsend. At least we won't have a double agent thwarting the team from within. Additions of Hill etc give a much needed boost.

Defence should be lights out this year. Jets D looks dangerous

I'm with you on the excited for the new season part, but I don't share the same excitement about the Jets chances for a super bowl season. 7-9 at the best 8-8.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    +1

I think the Jets remain in the top-5 on defense, but unless Hill is a factor right out of the gate, this offense doesn't look like it has the horses to win games by itself when it's necessary. That formula screams 10-6.

Still really excited about the season. Jets drafted some potential difference-makers in the first three rounds this year and can't wait to see if those guys can deliver some hope.

Plus it's year 4 for the QB, so the only way the Sanchez/Eli comparisons continue beyond this year is if the Jets come home with the trophy...
    This mirrors my thoughts Exactly. Here are the problems we face.

1. Holmes is not a true no. 1 ... But he is good enough to win us a couple games because he is great in crunch time.

2. Shonn Green ... Ugh.

3. K Wilson ... He needs to improve dramatically ... Not a bust yet ... But on his way.

5. Wayne Hunter ....

6. No true free safety

This is at best a 7-9 team. The defense should be solid, but not spectacular. The offense will be dysfunctional, with Sanchez at the helm, the porous O-Line and not the greatest receivers to take the pressure of Sanchez. Tebow will be lurking, but he can't hit the side of a barn with a football---(Sanchez can hit the barn, but he can't hit the door).

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    This is at best a 7-9 team. The defense should be solid, but not spectacular. The offense will be dysfunctional, with Sanchez at the helm, the porous O-Line and not the greatest receivers to take the pressure of Sanchez. Tebow will be lurking, but he can't hit the side of a barn with a football---(Sanchez can hit the barn, but he can't hit the door).
    we were 8-8 last year, so you think the O will be more dysfunctional and the D wont be improved?

Hill and Kerley another year older is an upgrade at WR

Oline cant play worse. If mangold stays healthy all year, Dbrick bouces back, Moore and Slauson healthy

we are at least 9-7.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    we were 8-8 last year, so you think the O will be more dysfunctional and the D wont be improved?

Oline cant play worse. If mangold stays healthy all year, Dbrick bouces back, Moore and Slauson healthy

we are at least 9-7.
    Its friggin Rextilleon for godsake. There is no more bitter and miserable SOJF than pathetic rextilleon who hates the Jets more than Guido Thricebanneski

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Its friggin Rextilleon for godsake. There is no more bitter and miserable SOJF than pathetic rextilleon who hates the Jets more than Guido Thricebanneski

its hard to keep track of them

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post

Been a Jet fan since before you were born. Get a life and stop beiing the typical fanboy.

Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post

we are at least 9-7.
    First of all, you don't know what Hill will be, and Kerley is at best a 3rd receiver so I don't see this big upgrade at receiver. Not worried about Mangold, nor the over-rated D'Brick, but injuries are part of the game and part of the job of a GM is to make sure you have capable backups.

Jets Insider VIP
    the rextilleon solution here at JI

This message is hidden because rextilleon is on your ignore list.

Hall Of Fame
    Way to early to tell but it is a mistake to think that our division rivals are going to be the same as they were last year. I see both the Bills and the Dolphins being better therefore we have to improve just to stay the same.

Hall Of Fame
    I will say this. The same crowd who are gung ho for our chances this year were the ones talking about 12-4 or better last year. Any dissent from that opinion was derided as coming from negative Nancy same old Jets fans.

What dysfunction does Sparano bring to the Jets? Correct me if i'm wrong but the Dolphin's Players and Ownership stuck with Sparano despite starting 0-7.

The dolphin's players played harder for Sparano the farther they got into their losing streak. They also continued to play hard for Sparano even after they started winning.

The dolphins had their own set of issues but I feel confident we gained an element of strength and consistency from them.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NPTJET53 View Post
    What dysfunction does Sparano bring to the Jets? Correct me if i'm wrong but the Dolphin's Players and Ownership stuck with Sparano despite starting 0-7.

The dolphin's players played harder for Sparano the farther they got into their losing streak. They also continued to play hard for Sparano even after they started winning.

The dolphins had their own set of issues but I feel confident we gained an element of strength and consistency from them.
    Agreed.

Been a Jet fan since before you were born. Get a life and stop beiing the typical fanboy.
    yeah..... has kool aid delivered by the gallon. Like a parent of a child screaming in a restaurant. "My kid is great" as the rest of the world wonders why the parent is a deaf, blind homer.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    I will say this. The same crowd who are gung ho for our chances this year were the ones talking about 12-4 or better last year. Any dissent from that opinion was derided as coming from negative Nancy same old Jets fans.
    Perfectly put.

To the sheep like fanboys, 'hope' is a strategy and getting a year older is a guarantee of improvement.

Bewildered Beast
    You guys can all go pound salt. The J E T S jetsjetsjets will go 12-4 if only one thing happens:

The offense can keep our defense fresh.