Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Man of Steel

Jets Insider VIP

Man of Steel

I know it isn't until next summer, but at least it will be promising with Nolan involved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jKWJZsjm5U

Jets Insider VIP
    Even though Nolan is involved, Zach Snyder and his love for the green screen will ruin this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Even though Nolan is involved, Zach Snyder and his love for the green screen will ruin this movie.
    Nolan wouldn't put his name on it if he felt Watchmen 2 was what would come out of it.

And Nolan wrote it, apparently, along with Snyder...

Veteran
    I hate to say that Superman has about ran his course. Marvel characters are much better than DC and always have a human element that effects them.
    As for the Watchmen.... simple, take Professor Seemyjunk's d!ck out of the movie and its a good film. I always blamed Nolan for that. In one scene, it moves. I can't unsee that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post
    I hate to say that Superman has about ran his course. Marvel characters are much better than DC and always have a human element that effects them.
    As for the Watchmen.... simple, take Professor Seemyjunk's d!ck out of the movie and its a good film. I always blamed Nolan for that. In one scene, it moves. I can't unsee that.
    Take out the giant blue wang and you're still left with an extremely drawn out popcorn flick. There was no reason for that movie to be 3 hours long.

And Snyder made Watchmen, not Nolan.

Jets Insider VIP
    Hope this try at Superman is better than the Christopher Reeves ones because they were horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    Hope this try at Superman is better than the Christopher Reeves ones because they were horrible.
    Huh? The first two Superman movies were great. After that the rails fell off the franchise but Superman and Superman II were terrific and groundbreaking.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

great, another superhero movie. What an original concept.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    If they keep re-making Spiderman, eventually they'll get it right. At least Superman is human, is sympathetic. Flying orphan, same as Spiderman. Perhaps we like seeing teen Clark Kent fail at football and teen Peter Parker discover his abilities for the first time over and over and over again.

Batman is just a shallow, bored rich guy who mumbles.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Huh? The first two Superman movies were great. After that the rails fell off the franchise but Superman and Superman II were terrific and groundbreaking.
    To each his own. I'm glad some people liked it. I wanted to like it and maybe horrible was a bit harsh but I was definitely disappointed. And I found it far from great. I saw it in the theater, then again on video and then never had a desire to see it again.

I thought the whole spinning the Earth backwards to go back in time was beyond lame. And yes, I get that it is a comic book movie and therefore the imagination should be stretched but I found the absurdity went too far.

I thought they went too much for star power and too little on the story line.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    If they keep re-making Spiderman, eventually they'll get it right. At least Superman is human, is sympathetic. Flying orphan, same as Spiderman. Perhaps we like seeing teen Clark Kent fail at football and teen Peter Parker discover his abilities for the first time over and over and over again.

SAR I
    The whole genre blows

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

The whole genre blows
    Every 9 years there's another 1 year old turning 10 so there's money to be made.

I begrudgingly saw Spiderman last week with my son and I actually liked it, thought it was better than the 2002 Spiderman. They did some fresh stuff, cast interesting actors, was a good movie.

But this Batman crap is just horrid. Just because Twilight was a big hit doesn't mean that a dark, moody, bored rich guy with some heavy artillery is going to work. It says something when the best interpretation of the Caped Crusader was an NBC comedy series in 1966.

And the Hulk and the Fantastic Four stuff, blech, doesn't work at all. Thank God Aquaman doesn't play because of the talking fish. Imagine what we'd have been subjected to by now.

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

And the Hulk and the Fantastic Four stuff, blech, doesn't work at all. Thank God Aquaman doesn't play because of the talking fish. Imagine what we'd have been subjected to by now.

SAR I
    I would actually like to see an ambitious aquaman project. It'd be better than the same re-treads every decade.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

I would actually like to see an ambitious aquaman project. It'd be better than the same re-treads every decade.

Dude rides a seahorse and talks to octopi. Come on now.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 07-22-2012 at 12:55 AM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Dude rides a seahorse and talks to whales. Come on now.

SAR I
    You're right, nothing can top the original

why do you hate fun??

no wonder you're a Jets fan

Jets Insider VIP

SAR I
    Superman is human? News to me. Last I checked, he was an orphaned ET. And he's far from sympathetic, he's a mostly overly-idealistic boy scout.

Batman is the original anti-hero, one who came about as the result of witnessing his parents be murdered right in front of him. That's pretty humanizing, I think. And it makes him an orphan. And he's rich, so you should love him.

The whole genre blows

Every 9 years there's another 1 year old turning 10 so there's money to be made.

I begrudgingly saw Spiderman last week with my son and I actually liked it, thought it was better than the 2002 Spiderman. They did some fresh stuff, cast interesting actors, was a good movie.

But this Batman crap is just horrid. Just because Twilight was a big hit doesn't mean that a dark, moody, bored rich guy with some heavy artillery is going to work. It says something when the best interpretation of the Caped Crusader was an NBC comedy series in 1966.

SAR I
    Batman is not bored. He is exhaustively motivated, in fact. He has always been a dark character, even early on (generationally speaking). That was why he operated on the outskirts of the law. His is a (mostly) moral motivation, whilst Superman's is a more lawful one.

All your commentary sounds like someone completely unfamiliar with the subject at hand. Do you enjoy speaking from a position of ignorance?

If you haven't seen them the DC animated Superman movies are pretty good.

The whole genre blows
    Yes and No.

Most of the comic book movies (especially based on Marvel characters) that came out early in the 2000's sucked. The recent movies have been very good. Here's a quick summary:

The Good:

Blade (overlooked film that reinvented the genre)
    TDK and TDKR
    Sin City
    Watchmen
    Amazing Spider-Man
    Avengers
    Iron-Man 1 & 2
    Captain America
    Thor

The Bad:

Batman Begins (sorry guys, I know TDK and TDKR are both great but the first Nolan Batman film was mehdiocre)
    X-Men trilogy
    Daredevil
    Spider-Man trilogy with Topher McGuire
    Superman Returns

The Ugly:

Punisher
    The Spirit
    90's Batman movies

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm just a shallow, bored rich guy who mumbles.

SAR I
    fixed.