Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: seats and view

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bobr68 View Post
    you guys are great with all the info...last question, sunny side vs shady...is the sun a big pain on the eyes?? warmth is nice in December but if you can't see, who cares...I got thermals!!!
    Comment and Question Back to You:
    1) LLEZ v. Mezz A: Although we originally had seats in Mezz A, they weren't great (back row) for those sections. When the Jets lowered the PSL price in LLEZ to $2500, we moved down. Now that the prices are the same, you have a different decision.

In terms of which of those sections is better, my buddy and I disagree. He likes LLEZ better than all Mezz seats. He likes being closer to the action and our seat in the 20's is high enough that you can see the entire field. While I like our seats, I generally prefer to be a little higher. If I could swap our seats for row 1-2 Mezz A seats, I would do it.

Resale: if you have sell some of the games, the better seats in Mezz A have decent resale, but "OK" seats generally sell for less than LLEZ seats.

2) Where are you buying your PSL seats? Jets v. Secondary Market

If you are looking for LLEZ seats, most of us bought our seats for $2500 each. The Jets are now charging $4K. If you don't need financing, I would think that you could get a better deal on the secondary market. If we were selling our seats (we aren't), I am pretty sure a check for $4500 would buy the PSL's to both seats.

Even if you are looking for seats in other sections, I was wondering how buying from the Jets v. the secondard market looks from a buyer's perspective.

Good luck.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Comment and Question Back to You:
    1) LLEZ v. Mezz A: Although we originally had seats in Mezz A, they weren't great (back row) for those sections. When the Jets lowered the PSL price in LLEZ to $2500, we moved down. Now that the prices are the same, you have a different decision.

In terms of which of those sections is better, my buddy and I disagree. He likes LLEZ better than all Mezz seats. He likes being closer to the action and our seat in the 20's is high enough that you can see the entire field. While I like our seats, I generally prefer to be a little higher. If I could swap our seats for row 1-2 Mezz A seats, I would do it.

Resale: if you have sell some of the games, the better seats in Mezz A have decent resale, but "OK" seats generally sell for less than LLEZ seats.

2) Where are you buying your PSL seats? Jets v. Secondary Market

If you are looking for LLEZ seats, most of us bought our seats for $2500 each. The Jets are now charging $4K. If you don't need financing, I would think that you could get a better deal on the secondary market. If we were selling our seats (we aren't), I am pretty sure a check for $4500 would buy the PSL's to both seats.

Even if you are looking for seats in other sections, I was wondering how buying from the Jets v. the secondard market looks from a buyer's perspective.

Good luck.
    seasonticketrights website has tons of so so location LLEZ and Mezz B seats for sale below $2,500 a PSL. If you wait till second pre-season game is over you wont get stuck with any preseason games.

Same for Mezz a, so so seats go below 4k. Granted in all three sections go above PSL price.

If you buy directly from Jets you need to review season ticket rights, seat dibs, psl source and factor in costs of buying below PSL face, than factor in fees associated with buying and then factor in you cant get financing.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    my guess is that the Jets have a few foreclosed LL EZs that you might be able to negotiate a purchase for the remainder of the unpaid PSLs.

Worth a shot

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks all.....your insights convinced me that I need to go see for myself...I am touring tomorrow...also considering Mezz A row 2 psl or sec 123 row 39 (same price)....not sure which will provide a better experience for me...nice to be covered when it rains, but not sure if I will feel claustrophobic....row 2 in Mezz A 3 sections from club seats is the front runner...have to eat the PSL but for good seats it is the price I must pay...

Any things I should look for besides views from seats?
    The thing to keep in mind is how far into the end zone you end up. I don't have a map in front of me but 123 I believe is more toward the corner of the end zone. When you start to get 3 sections into Mez A you are getting more toward the center of the endzone. The way it's shaped if you're 3 sections into the end zone row 2 would be the equivalent of row 6 in the corner.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Upper front rows in the corner are better than MEZZ B
    I have seats on the 50, row 4. Have to say, I've sat all over the stadium and theres not a chance that MEZZ B are better. And no PSL. I don't do this stupid argument but had to agree.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    I have seats on the 50, row 4. Have to say, I've sat all over the stadium and theres not a chance that MEZZ B are better. And no PSL. I don't do this stupid argument but had to agree.
    I would not want those amazing seats in the Coaches Club, but on the Visitors side Great Hall Club I would. That 700 ticket is a killer. isnt it only like 400 on the visitors 50 yard line.
    Last edited by Alkrotraz; 07-24-2012 at 12:50 PM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bit the bullet and went for the psl....had lots of tough choices...came down between sec 123 row 39 on the aisle by 122 vs sec 129 row 12 mid row...went with the sec 129 low down...really felt like I will be "part of the action" there...and because of the tunnel, only 2 rows of people in front of me!! Now all I need is the season to start!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Personally I don't like the Upper Deck it's like watching TV.
    That's why I buy tickets at the lower end.

I suggest you try this website
    http://seatgeek.com/new-york-jets-tickets/

It gives you different views of the stadium

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bit the bullet and went for the psl....had lots of tough choices...came down between sec 123 row 39 on the aisle by 122 vs sec 129 row 12 mid row...went with the sec 129 low down...really felt like I will be "part of the action" there...and because of the tunnel, only 2 rows of people in front of me!! Now all I need is the season to start!
    Smart decision certainly vastly better than the awful ionosphere seats you were thinking about when you first posted. Enjoy

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    lower row much much better choice if you spent 4k a PSL. Those high row PSLs can be bought for 2k each in secondary.

remember when selling games you cant make row 12 is competing with rows 1-12 in terms of ticket prices. Meaning you have lowest price ticket for sale in rows 1-12 you sell. Row 39 you need to have lowest ticket price in rows 1-39 to sell.

Ask Jets to not charge you for pre-season and throw in free parking.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    good idea of what 129 row 12 view looks like

from stands

from field - notice diff between row 12 and row 40 towards back

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    They offered me either on field experience for national anthem/introductions or Springsteen tix. I took the tix, figured if I can't go I can sell and use the cash towards psl.
    Again, thanks to everyone on this site for insights. I had all your posts in my head as I walked around the stadium today.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shady side for life! 135 rules.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, definitely want to be in the shade. It's much cooler in September and no staring into the sun is HUGE. Guys in the sun will argue that it is warmer in November and December, but if it's cold enough to be a bother, a little sun doesn't help much.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I went for my tour last week, it was hot...freakin hot! Throw in no escalators and we walked the whole stadium...the shady side won. But I will say the choices were difficult...for those still looking at different seats here's what I had the choice of:
    1) sec 123 row 39: under cover, nice view, on the aisle next to 122. small concession stand and bathroom right near by.
    2) 129 row 12: 3 rows over the tunnel, not too many people in front of you and some elevation
    2) 230a row 2: nice view, but the seats seemed to tilt back a little so that you looked a little up...this caused the wall/electronic banner to block a little of your view...weird feeling
    3) 232a row 9 aisle or row 7 close to club seats 232c...nice seats
    4) 341 row 15: my original purchase...but I hadn't been to the stadium ever to see them...because they were installing solar panels, we could only walk up to row 10 or so...it was high up there. I don't like heights, and had seats in row 27 of sec 325 in the old stadium and though those were high...the slope of the UD is steep..

If anyone who is still looking at PSL's needs pics from these seats let me know, I have some from each...

Again, this forum was a big help in putting questions/answers in my head as I toured the stadium....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Yep, definitely want to be in the shade. It's much cooler in September and no staring into the sun is HUGE. Guys in the sun will argue that it is warmer in November and December, but if it's cold enough to be a bother, a little sun doesn't help much.
    Completely disagree. We love our "sunny" side seats.
    1) If it is hot outside, I wear shorts and an appropriate shirt. In 2 years in the new stadium, I have never been uncomfortably hot.
    2) In 2 years in the new stadium, I have never noticed the sun as a problem. Of course, I wear these things called sun glasses.
    3) In the winter, it is substantially warmer on the Sunny side. In the winter, it is nice.
    Last edited by Digetydog; 08-03-2012 at 10:14 AM.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1 agree 100 with the dog sunny side is the place to be ,home side , alittle sun during the cold days take the chill out of the bones

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I want in a year, is relocating allowed?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I want in a year, is relocating allowed?
    If you upgrade from UD to PSL or from PSL to Club, yes.

If you want to slide to a different spot in the same class of ticket (ie Upper Deck to Upper Deck or from $3000 PSL to $3000 PSL) then no.

This year the team made an exception and allowed a period of relocation. Usually it's only for upgrades.

SAR I