Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Aerosmith *****es!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess you get to "blow up the holes" because you're the only one that can down in there and set the charges?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    If U2 and Radiohead hooked up and had a slightly handicapped child, that would be Coldplay.

It's not my fault that no one else makes good moody alt rock anymore. If Radiohead didn't go "art" on us, there would be no Coldplay. Blame them.

SAR I
    They sound like something that would have been played on WLIR/WDRE back in the 80s. Only not as good.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heading to NYC now, dinner and drinks then over to Izod. Been listening to the classics all day, this could be fun.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    Is that Carly Simon?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    Looks like my late grandmother.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    Is that Carly Simon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardukis View Post
    Looks like my late grandmother.
    LMAO!

Uh, so who is that? Stephen T?

("No, that's FF2 on the right")

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    wtf - how did you find that? Google: Dude Looks Like a Lady?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Lol, not afraid to show cleav.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gotta hand it to the old men, this was a GREAT concert. Perfect seats, about 4 row so we were off of the floor but right next to the stage.

Steven Tyler is an outstanding front man still, don't care about Idol or his age or anything. His voice is as great as it ever was--better than 20 years ago-- and he totally controlled the crowd, had them eating out of his hand the whole show. He hit every note, and his stage presence isn't campy like David Lee Roth--even with his whacky outfits--he looks the part of a classic rock star, an aged one, but still outstanding.

And as great as Tyler was, Joe Perry was simply phenomenal.

Top 10 living guitar player hands down. Saw Eddie Van Halen a few months ago and Perry blew him away, was just so superior.

You guitar aficionados that don't appreciate him go see him live--he was GREAT.

The rock just came coming and coming-classics were outstanding and songs I had never heard before were great-- total crowd pleasers and NO ONE sat down the whole 2 hours. Hamilton plays a good bass and I was surprised how good Whitford was on guitar.

The sound was great, the mood was great, there was some incredible talent in the crowd--youngsters, hotties, wowza MILFs, just a great crowd. I thought it was going to be a much older crowd because their first 3 albums were from the early 70s , but there really was a good mix--I guess with Permanent Vacation and Pump in late 80's and early 90's meant that some 30 year olds really like them. Borgo, the woman behind me looked like that asian/hispanic chick you love that you've posted over the years.

Sweet Emotion brought down the house, and when they brought on DMC for the RunDMC version of Walk This Way, the place went wild--some ironing going on there. That was really a nice touch.

And when the white piano came out of the stage for Dream On and Perry jumped on top of it for a solo, well, mock us oldies all for floating back to the 70's and 80's--but it's still better than a lot of the stuff produced today. Tyler sounded like he did on the original recording--he even hit that long high note in that song as only he can.

My ears are still ringing this am.

I know some of you are mocking the old folks here, but see some of these classic bands before they're done. BB King is not going to be around long, was happy I finally got a chance to see him a little while back. Allman Brothers, Aerosmith, the Stones, don't stand on ceremony mocking us, these types of bands aren't happening again.

An immortal classic rock band, glad I got a chance to see them.

Also, sad to say, Cheap Trick was a bit boring and underwhelming, but the crowd was a bit subdued waiting for Aerosmith, and the seats weren't filled yet, so maybe that had something to do with it. Rick Nielsen can still play the guitar but he's not Joe Perry and the 5 neck guitar looked cool, but I'm not sure what it's purpose was--he only played it for one song and it wasn't very memorable. Zander still sounds pretty good for an old guy, but it all sounded kind of...cheap, although to be fair, I'm not a huge fan. The sound was bad, wasn't very inspiring, the few classics got about 1000 people jumping up and down, but they weren't very good.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Somebody sent it to me a few years back. Tyler was off the wagon and it's incredible how f*cked up he looked.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^
    good stuff, Stokes.

glad you had a good time, and good to know it was a good show.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds awesome. Glad the show was a hit for you. Although not one of my all-time favorites, I have always like Joe Perry's playing. Delighted that he still has his chops.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Sounds awesome. Glad the show was a hit for you. Although not one of my all-time favorites, I have always like Joe Perry's playing. Delighted that he still has his chops.
    The chick behind me looked like one of those Summer Treat chicks thayt you love, you would have splooged.

_

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Really, so glad to hear they are still the Gold Standard.

Stokes is quite the Hampur ambassador; he may be the first non-mod Mod. Thanks for sharing, J.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    The chick behind me looked like one of those Summer Treat chicks thayt you love, you would have splooged.

_
    Shame on you.

Useless post w/o pics.

I knew there had to be some amazing MILFs in the crowd. Must have been a feast for the eyes.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Shame on you.

Useless post w/o pics.

I knew there had to be some amazing MILFs in the crowd. Must have been a feast for the eyes.
    She was with a very imposing looking dude. Was not happening.

Girl sitting a row in front of us and down about 5 seats looked exactly like that chick in all those gifs and jpegs with the huge bouncing boobies and the big smile. I snapped a few of her but it was too dark, none of them came out. Me and my buddies sat there staring at her for about 1/2 the show.

_

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

_
    I love how guys like us go to sporting events and/or concerts and spend most of the time scoping out hot chicks. LOL.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    She was with a very imposing looking dude. Was not happening.

Girl sitting a row in front of us and down about 5 seats looked exactly like that chick in all those gifs and jpegs with the huge bouncing boobies and the big smile. I snapped a few of her but it was too dark, none of them came out. Me and my buddies sat there staring at her for about 1/2 the show.

_
    LOL. I can understand your plight.

I thank you for your efforts.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    I love how guys like us go to sporting events and/or concerts and spend most of the time scoping out hot chicks. LOL.
    My neck is killing me from whipping my head around looking at all the hotties streaming by.

And they were ALL decked out

_