Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aerosmith *****es!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Aerosmith *****es!

Just found out we got tickets for the Tuesday night show at the Izod Center.

Not sure how I feel about it, used to love them, some of their classics are timeless, but they gotta be pushing 60, no?

I've never seen them, it's live music of an all-time immortal band, so I guess I'm pretty psyched, but not expecting to be blown away.

Warm up ban is Cheap Trick. How many times can you hear "I Want You To Want Me"? Oooof.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    My first concert was Aerosmith at the New Haven Coliseum back in '78 when I was 13.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post

Not sure how I feel about it, used to love them, some of their classics are timeless, but they gotta be pushing 60, no?

I've never seen them, it's live music of an all-time immortal band, so I guess I'm pretty psyched, but not expecting to be blown away.

Warm up ban is Cheap Trick. How many times can you hear "I Want You To Want Me"? Oooof.

_
    Guaranteed, Zander, Neilsen, and Petersson (sadly, Bun E. Carlos no longer performs in the band) blow Aerosmith off the stage. They have continued to tour and write new material over the decades. If you have not heard it, do yourself a favor and check out their brilliant record, In Color.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD0VoArtDCc

As a decent live act, Aerosmith was done by the 80s. I had the good fortune of seeing the "Toxic Twins" and company in the 70s when they could still play and sing. I hope they show up and are able to give even a seblance of their 70s-era greatness, especially from the days of Rocks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P20i0nMKy58

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j38lx...eature=related

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Forgot this one, JS. It's from Heaven Tonight, another great album. This is a song which is, obviously, influenced by The Who and Pete Townsend. If you're not rockin' to these gargantuan power chords, you're dead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nL3CRMsm9w

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The opening act at the show I saw back in 78 was Golden Earring.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've seen Aerosmith 5xs albeit the last time in the mid 90s, but they rocked. Being in your 60s doesn't really take away from the music if you like it. If you're hearing it for the first time it might be a hard sell though. I've seen Cheaptrick twice and they were great in their heyday as well. Should be a really good concert

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    The opening act at the show I saw back in 78 was Golden Earring.
    Much better band than what "Radar Love" portrays.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCPnm...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LltBS...eature=related

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Free tickets, free booze and food, great seats, live music, legendary bands--I survived Van Halen, I'll survive this.

Actually getting more excited as I think of it.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

_
    My first "real date" was to see Aerosmith in I think 1978. Nassau Coliseum. Foghat opened up.

Wow..feeling old. I still say "Dont want to miss a thing" is one of the greatest love songs ever written. Listen to the words. Just great.

Hope they sound great. Enjoy it.

My high scool band played Walk this way and Cheap tricks "Surrender".
    Last edited by southparkcpa; 07-22-2012 at 04:36 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Free tickets, free booze and food, great seats, live music, legendary bands--I survived Van Halen, I'll survive this.

Actually getting more excited as I think of it.

_
    Aerosmith has that effect. This guy on his way to an Aerosmith concert in the late 70's.

Enjoy the concert Stokes. Should be a good time. How can you go wrong with free booze?

We've got Duran Duran, Hall & Oates and Steve Miller Band on our calendar in the next 2 months.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    My first "real dtae" was to see Aerosmith in I think 1978. Nassau Coliseum. Foghat opened up.

Wow..feeling old. I still say "Dont want to miss a thing" is one of the greatest love songs ever written. Listen to the words. Just great.

Hope they sound great. Enjoy it.

My high scool band played Walk this way and Cheap tricks "Surrender".
    Loved Lonesome Dave and Rod Price's slide work.

For me, one of the great album covers. What a kick a$$ tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ieg6iME8muU

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Loved Lonesome Dave and Rod Price's slide work.

For me, one of the great album covers. What a kick a$$ tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ieg6iME8muU
    I remember as a young teenager thinking that was some very innovative bass work.

Relativley simple to play but no one did that at that point... a pull on the G string to get the slapping sound without a slap. Before slapping was even born.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds of walkers clanging....

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    So what are you saying? Are you drawing the line?
    Saw Deep Purple, GNR, and Aerosmith at Giants Stadium in I can't remember 88', 89?. During Smoke on the Water someone in the empty seats upstairs set a section of 10 seats on fire. When GNR came out people in the first ten rows starting chucking full cans of budwiesers at the equipment, and band. Tyler comes out, they were last of course, and shouts in his voice at the top of his lungs, "I've been watching you, you guys are a bunch of Caraaaazeeee Muthr Fukrs!" Good times. Have fun.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Aerosmith has that effect. This guy on his way to an Aerosmith concert in the late 70's.

Enjoy the concert Stokes. Should be a good time. How can you go wrong with free booze?

We've got Duran Duran, Hall & Oates and Steve Miller Band on our calendar in the next 2 months.
    That guy has a raging boner. Give some of that to Ragu.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    So what are you saying? Are you drawing the line?
    Saw Deep Purple, GNR, and Aerosmith at Giants Stadium in I can't remember 88', 89?. During Smoke on the Water someone in the empty seats upstairs set a section of 10 seats on fire. When GNR came out people in the first ten rows starting chucking full cans of budwiesers at the equipment, and band. Tyler comes out, they were last of course, and shouts in his voice at the top of his lungs, "I've been watching you, you guys are a bunch of Caraaaazeeee Muthr Fukrs!" Good times. Have fun.
    It was 88.

I was there with my mom and uncles. Only 11 y.o....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

_
    Saw them in Milwaukee a couple of weeks ago. Fun show. Like may concerts, the Aerosmith crew didn't get the sound down until halfway through the show. Cheap Trick was very good but evidently Aerosmith doesn't let them use the video system.

Not the best show I ever saw but enjoyed it. Tyler is one of the great front-men.

Oh and here's a warning. Go to the bathroom or get a beer during Joey Kramer's drum solo. The longest most pathetic solo I've seen, ever.
    Ran to the front of the stage with his arms up for applause only to continue the bombastic charade. Then introduded the head butt into the solo. Sucked.
    Last edited by Timmy®; 07-22-2012 at 07:04 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post

Look closely on the distant horizon. That's you coming into view.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post

Better than sounds of prison bars clanging.

Tool soon?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Better than sounds of prison bars clanging.

Tool soon?

Let the kid learn, JS. Think PK even heard of these guys? More balls than 10 of today's "bands".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCBrQ...eature=related