Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Aerosmith *****es!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Just found out we got tickets for the Tuesday night show at the Izod Center.

Not sure how I feel about it, used to love them, some of their classics are timeless, but they gotta be pushing 60, no?

I've never seen them, it's live music of an all-time immortal band, so I guess I'm pretty psyched, but not expecting to be blown away.

Warm up ban is Cheap Trick. How many times can you hear "I Want You To Want Me"? Oooof.

_

Last Sunday I saw B-52s and Squeeze. Mother****ers are OLD (Fred and Kate are 61 and 64, repsectively), but put on a great show. Lead singer for Squeeze now looks like he belongs in ZZTop.

Go - you'll enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    Back O’Beyond is/was the name of the course. (Now Morefar Back O'Beyond.) The legend behind the Morefar name is that the club is out of the way and when the Asian players would fly in to NY and take a cab to play it, they would tell the taxi driver that the course was "more far".

It's also famous for its many weird ass sculptures around the course.

Do NOT turn away an opportunity to play. The day I played perhaps 8
    4 somes played. Lunch was 5 star and we were waited on hand and foot.
    You could eat off the greens.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    You would never know its there - the entrance is down an unpaved road behind some warehouses, but once you get in....its unreal. Its basically Scotland on the New York Harbor. Liberty National gets more press, but Bayonne is spectacular.

Take a look:

http://www.bayonnegolfclub.com/
    Wow it seems a step up from a muni course.

One of those clubs where if you have to ask "how much", you dont belong there.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    On my BlackBerry, can't see the video, but I'm sure it's something really really clever.

Playing Winged Foot today, I'll read your brilliant wit later
    It's a clip of a rock band playing The Villages in Florida, a great place to retire and listen to rock bands whilst playing golf.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    The only thing worse than a 60 year old complaining about classic rock bands in concert is a 60 year old that likes Cold Play.

Cold Play is for Gheys.
    It's "Coldplay", it's one word.

My wife got me Coldplay tickets at the Izod for my birthday a few months back. Just sold the $115 seats for $300 each on StubHub as I recognize that I don't belong at rock 'n roll concerts with tweens. Coldplay has a lot of fans, many under the age of 30.

SAR I

Saw a TV spot last night for The Who's upcoming Fall tour, where they'll feature the entire Quadrophenia album. Even as a fan since the 60s, this concept gave me douche chills. Townshend might break both legs doing one of his trademark leaps.

(Reuters) - Legendary British rockers the Who will hit the road for their first North American concert tour in four years, playing the entire rock opera "Quadrophenia" alongside other memorable hits, the band said on Wednesday.

The road trip starts in Florida on November 1, and features founding members Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend, alongside Zak Starkey, Pino Palladino, Simon Townshend, Chris Stainton, Loren Gold and Frank Simes.

The Who are among the bands that led the British Invasion of the United States in the mid-1960s following the massive success of the Beatles. Joining Daltrey and Townshend originally were Keith Moon on drums and John Entwistle on bass, both of whom have died.

The foursome scored hits such as "My Generation" and "I Can See for Miles" and like many of their rock peers, they began experimenting with new styles that led to their first rock opera, "Tommy." The 1969 work was about a deaf, dumb and blind kid who was a wiz at pinball -- that generation's equivalent of videogames.

The band followed "Tommy" with "Quadrophenia" (1973), a musical tale of a young boy's coming of age that features hits such as "5:15" and "The Real Me" and is considered a rock classic.

The 36-date tour features a first leg that runs six weeks and ends in Connecticut on December 9. The band will take a holiday break and resume a second leg on January 28 in California, concluding at the end of February in Rhode Island.

In advance of the tour, a one-night-only, in-theater screening of documentary "The Who: Quadrophenia - Can You See the Real Me?", the story of making the album, will screen at movie theaters around the United States on July 24. In Canada, the film will screen in theaters on August 1.

(Reporting by Bob Tourtellotte; editing by Matthew Lewis)

http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/0...86H1CR20120718

I saw Aerosmith and AC/DC in Vancouver in ...... 1978

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

My wife got me Coldplay tickets at the Izod for my birthday a few months back. Just sold the $115 seats for $300 each on StubHub

SAR I
    You sound proud of that.

Let me get this straight.

Your wife bought you a thoughtful gift and you threw it away.

For $600.

What a pathetic loser.

Probably why you need rentals to get laid.

_

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

You sound proud of that.

For $600.

What a pathetic loser.

_
    Stop yelling about people and tell us about Wingfoot. Were you able to get into the room where they run the world from?

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    It's "Coldplay", it's one word.

My wife got me Coldplay tickets at the Izod for my birthday a few months back. Just sold the $115 seats for $300 each on StubHub as I recognize that I don't belong at rock 'n roll concerts with tweens. Coldplay has a lot of fans, many under the age of 30.

SAR I
    Have to say, they got their name right, all one word, because they are on long song. Although, I wouldn't mind seeing them once on some sort of mind altering drug.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I remember as a young teenager thinking that was some very innovative bass work.

Relativley simple to play but no one did that at that point... a pull on the G string to get the slapping sound without a slap. Before slapping was even born.
    I was camping in 8th grade, listening to WPLR (New Haven) (lived in Sag Harbor at the time - we could only get Connecticut broadcasts) and they laid down Savoy Brown in a block - some "Jack the Toad" etc and I was hooked. I think they played "Wang Dang Doodle" and I went crazy - it was awesome. I couldn't shut up about it and I almost got tied to a tree.

WPLR = WLIR for JGM (just great music)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Have to say, they got their name right, all one word, because they are on long song. Although, I wouldn't mind seeing them once on some sort of mind altering drug.
    If U2 and Radiohead hooked up and had a slightly handicapped child, that would be Coldplay.

It's not my fault that no one else makes good moody alt rock anymore. If Radiohead didn't go "art" on us, there would be no Coldplay. Blame them.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    You sound proud of that.

For $600.

What a pathetic loser.

We decided to take a family trip to Niagra Falls, Cooperstown, and Cortland that week instead. Quite unselfish of me. I'm done with the rentals now, have a full-on mistress from Ramsey. She's divorced, very petite, just wants to have fun. My marriage has never been healthier.

SAR I

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    I was camping in 8th grade, listening to WPLR (New Haven) (lived in Sag Harbor at the time - we could only get Connecticut broadcasts) and they laid down Savoy Brown in a block - some "Jack the Toad" etc and I was hooked. I think they played "Wang Dang Doodle" and I went crazy - it was awesome. I couldn't shut up about it and I almost got tied to a tree.

You lived in Sag Harbor? Did it cost a bundle to live there then like it does now?

Did you know there's a passenger ferry between Greenport and Sag Harbor now?

And I used to listen to Dr. Demento on WPLR when I lived on the North Fork.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    If U2 and Radiohead hooked up and had a slightly handicapped child, that would be Coldplay.

It's not my fault that no one else makes good moody alt rock anymore. If Radiohead didn't go "art" on us, there would be no Coldplay. Blame them.

SAR I
    I don't think that's a fair offspring analogy. Now you can kill two birds with one stone and get your 3 series serviced while you are getting serviced in Ramsey.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    You lived in Sag Harbor? Did it cost a bundle to live there then like it does now?

Did you know there's a passenger ferry between Greenport and Sag Harbor now?

And I used to listen to Dr. Demento on WPLR when I lived on the North Fork.
    Cheap aint the word. WhalerBurger was the only fast food for miles; Southhampton (just past watermill) had the only McD's. No cable. I was there '71-'76

Sunday night! I was just giving my 20-something boys a lesson on Weird Al and his mentor Dr. Demento. Actually I think Alan Sherman was Weird Al's muse.

ROCK YOURS. IN QUAD!

we had no football team, just basketball, baseball and track. The only team we could beat every time in Baseball was Shelter Island. lol

Jets Insider VIP

I remember in the late 70's early 80's getting a Conn jazz station out of New Haven. Rick Laird (bass player) was a DJ.

Bewildered Beast
    On my BlackBerry, can't see the video, but I'm sure it's something really really clever.

Playing Winged Foot today, I'll read your brilliant wit later

_
    Get back to work fcukhead. I have employees on stand-by because various clients are telling us "Legal" hasn't "gotten back to them".

I hate the summer for this reason. I hope you shoot 120 you maroon.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    West or East course?
    Get back to work fcukhead. I have employees on stand-by because various clients are telling us "Legal" hasn't "gotten back to them".

I hate the summer for this reason. I hope you shoot 120 you maroon.
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Stop yelling about people and tell us about Wingfoot. Were you able to get into the room where they run the world from?

Played the East Course, and played very very well.

Shot an 89 and that was with blowing up 2 holes.

But as well as I played, I drove better than I have in a long time. I hit the new Taylor Made RocketBallz Driver and I have never hit a driver straighter. I hit one officially 279 yards (the caddie had a laser) and 4 others over 260, and that was with no roll-it was still very wet. But I have always hit them long—these were straight as an arrow. I'm buying that driver tomorrow.

Only 2 Birdies but I rolled an Eagle past one hole and just missed the flagstick by a foot.

Can’t chip worth a damn.

Gotta say, a really interesting course and while not totally challenging, it was in beautiful shape. Last year it was in awful shape.

Nice outing, followed by steamed lobsters, shrimp, crab, a raw bar, carving stations and free flowing Belvedere.

_
    Last edited by JStokes; 07-23-2012 at 07:38 PM.

Hall Of Fame

I'm done with the rentals now, have a full-on mistress from Ramsey.

My marriage has never been healthier.

SAR I
    LOL, are you serious?

So, your self-described trophy wife is the breadwinner, she's obviously more attractive than you, and you're banging someone else?

What is it, exactly, that you bring to the marriage other than douchebaggery?

Must be awkward going to a Ridgewood-Ramsey little league game. I'm assuming since all us strangers know, all your neighbors know too.

The fam must be so proud of you.

Wow.

_